Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our Next head coach..

Started by checkraiser88, October 21, 2017, 11:00:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

HogPharmer

I love that the pic you chose is of him having the same dumbfounded look we've grown to love (sarcasm) every time we see Bret on the sidelines.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

theFlyingHog

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/Submit
adjective
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
"their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

Tusks

I'd love to have the pirate as the head hog.  plus he's about 40 IQ points higher than Long and he'd make fun of him without Long even knowing.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

bkjbearcat

I'd said in another post I changed my mind. I watched the West Virginia Baylor game today and if Dana Holgorsen was hired as Arkansas HC, I'd be OK with it.

I still have reservations on his recruiting. All 3's for his 2017 class and his last two QB's are transfers. But his team has a lot of speed on both sides. And he has a lot of fire on the sidelines. If he can get guys who can recruit TX, LA, Tenn. And diamonds in the rough's MO and even KS I think it would be a Bobby P kind of hire.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hobhog

UT gets first pick. USC maybe next. Then fight with OM over dregs.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Atlhogfan1

I like swag.  From cornrows to coach.  He gets us!
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PossumFan

It'll probably be someone no one on here has mentioned or even considered. I would throw out a couple of names I have in mind, but then if I was right the premise of my first sentence would be wrong.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: PossumFan on October 21, 2017, 11:15:50 pm
It'll probably be someone no one on here has mentioned or even considered. I would throw out a couple of names I have in mind, but then if I was right the premise of my first sentence would be wrong.
This.  I see a few I like, but why bother putting  a name out now. 
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

3kgthog

His offense does mesh better with what most high school teams in Arkansas are doing...but he's not an SEC fit. He's a West coast guy at a school that will always be happy winning 7 games. He's in a cherry spot that fits him.

NuttinItUp

Coach Charlie Strong would be willing to move up from USF.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 21, 2017, 11:22:07 pm

Not to Arkansas. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

nealw

I would propose Coach Strong. Arkansas guy--ethical--hardnose--Now I know he had a tough time at Texas but he left talent there and he changed the culture. Put Jerry on the case---he could get him.

HawgPound

If he is I am done. Hog fans deserve better and I do not think he will win here.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: nealw on October 21, 2017, 11:23:35 pm
I would propose Coach Strong. Arkansas guy--ethical--hardnose--Now I know he had a tough time at Texas but he left talent there and he changed the culture.

This.

NuttinItUp

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

East Clintwood

I would propose Coach Strong. Arkansas guy--ethical--hardnose--Now I know he had a tough time at Texas but he left talent there and he changed the culture. Put Jerry on the case---he could get him.

Except he doesn't want the job.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Ironhawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 21, 2017, 11:22:07 pm

I don't understand the desire to have Charlie Strong, who was 16-21 at Texas, as head coach at Arkansas?

nealw

understand objections---can he recruit? I think he can. He is better than we have now.

nealw

He inherited a disaster at Texas;but understand your concerns.

nealw

I wish Jimmy Johnson would come here but know that is a pipe dream....he is a great at evaluating talent. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: nealw on October 21, 2017, 11:32:45 pm
I wish Jimmy Johnson would come here but know that is a pipe dream....he is a great at evaluating talent.

He's 74.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 21, 2017, 11:26:12 pm

Except he doesn't want the job.

He would want it if we offered it to him. Bank on it.

jasonkoehn

What about Chad Morris from SMU?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 21, 2017, 11:26:44 pm
I don't understand the desire to have Charlie Strong, who was 16-21 at Texas, as head coach at Arkansas?

Texas has lots of politicking concerns that are not present at Arkansas.

He has proven he can win at Louisville and now USF as a HC. He will be snagged by another big program if we don't target him.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 21, 2017, 11:36:16 pm
He would want it if we offered it to him. Bank on it.

You have connections or are you just making an assumption?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on October 21, 2017, 11:38:06 pm
You have connections or are you just making an assumption?

I know a guy who knows a guy. :P

Ironhawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 21, 2017, 11:37:44 pm
Texas has lots of politicking concerns that are not present at Arkansas.

He has proven he can win at Louisville and now USF as a HC. He will be snagged by another big program if we don't target him.

What kind of offense does he like to run? 

#1Fan

16-21 would look darn good right now.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 21, 2017, 11:39:19 pm

OK.

I think he's a good coach.  I grew up 14 miles from him.  He did well at Louisville and now at USF.  What went so wrong at TX.  I understand the outside politics thing, but how did that affect on the field play?

Bonehog

So let me get this right, those of you that want CS believe he can win here when he couldn't at TX?  Please help me on this one, not seeing a path for that.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

pigmania

Don't be proposing Arkansas guys. When I propose Gus (an Arkansas guy) as a choice, I get criticized and mocked. He's done more than Charlie has.

BigBabyHog71

I think the Strong ship has sailed.  He was in the running when Coach B was hired.  I talked to Strong's nephew which was working at Olive Garden in Fayetteville at the time and he said Strong really wanted to come and he was hopeful but we chunked him the deuces and hired CBB.  Not sure he will want to come back after that even if he is an Arkansas Boy.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: pigmania on October 21, 2017, 11:44:09 pm
Don't be proposing Arkansas guys. When I propose Gus (an Arkansas guy) as a choice, I get criticized and mocked.

Your Gus love is well noted.  You can go now.

hogsmash12

pigmania

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on October 21, 2017, 11:44:57 pm
Your Gus love is well noted.  You can go now.
Then the Charlie Strong lovers need to go too.

Ironhawg

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: pigmania on October 21, 2017, 11:46:57 pm
Then the Charlie Strong lovers need to go too.

I don't see any of them calling others douchebags or trash for not wanting CCS.  They are having an adult conversation about it.

sickboy

Hire a Bama assistant. They turn out well.

East Clintwood

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 21, 2017, 11:39:19 pm

I knew that guy but I thought he died.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pigmania

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on October 21, 2017, 11:52:18 pm
I don't see any of them calling others douchebags or trash for not wanting CCS.  They are having an adult conversation about it.
I didn't call CCS supporters douches, only people like you who bash supporters of Gus.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: nealw on October 21, 2017, 11:32:45 pm

Pretty easy to evaluate the talent in South Florida.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: pigmania on October 21, 2017, 11:56:49 pm
You can hate Gus all you want, but tonight he grabbed the hair on the back of Bret and all of the haters head and drug you guys through the mud. Gus has the last laugh while you douches whine and cry, begging for someone to save our poor program from burning to the ground.

Why must you call people douches? What are you...10? Gus will be lucky to survive the season if he goes 8-4. Last laugh? I guess.  He beat a 2-4 team. Kudos. Geez.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: pigmania on October 22, 2017, 12:00:18 am
I didn't call CCS supporters douches, only people like you who bash supporters of Gus.
I didn't say you did.  You might want to go back and check my posts.   I said I really didn't want him, but would support him if hired.  In your post above, You called everyone on this thread wanting a new coach a summer's eve .  I'm just sick of a so called hog fan calling everyone that doesn't have your opinion a summer's eve or backwoods trash, or some other derogatory name.  This post wasn't about Gus until you came along.

idochog

Gus is a 4-5 loss coach at a school that gets 3X the talent of Arkansas

Color me not impressed w the Gus bus

Plus he's a slimeball
I love Jesus!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Exactly.  If he couldn't do it at Texas in the Big 12....he's sure not going to do it at Arkansas in the SEC.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.