Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rhoads is crazy!

Started by Hogs run wild, August 23, 2017, 07:29:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs run wild

August 23, 2017, 07:29:22 pm Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:32:06 pm by Hogs run wild
So many times last year when we would make a mistake, we saw our coaches with expressionless looks on their faces. This year, Rhoads is gonna be screaming and up in your face. His rahrah attitude will help fire this defense up and get us atleast two more victories.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/22/hogs-looking-forward-seeing-game-day-paul-rhoads/

"I already know it's going to come," Ramirez said. "Coach Rhoads is a very passionate, intense guy. I know there's going to be times where things, he may disagree with them. All I can see is I'm anxious to see coach Rhoads on the sideline. No matter what, we ride behind our coach."
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 23, 2017, 07:29:22 pm
So many times last year when we would make a mistake, we saw our coaches with expressionless looks on their faces. This year, Rhoads is gonna be screaming and up in your face. His rawraw attitude will help fire this defense up and get us atleast two more victories.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/22/hogs-looking-forward-seeing-game-day-paul-rhoads/

"I already know it's going to come," Ramirez said. "Coach Rhoads is a very passionate, intense guy. I know there's going to be times where things, he may disagree with them. All I can see is I'm anxious to see coach Rhoads on the sideline. No matter what, we ride behind our coach."

I'll disagree with the title of this thread. He isn't "crazy", he is passionate about what he expects from his players. There is a difference.
Go Hogs Go!

Sed76

Good, when there is a break down will be nice to see some emotion for a change.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2017, 07:37:12 pm
I'll disagree with the title of this thread. He isn't "crazy", he is passionate about what he expects from his players. There is a difference.
Yeah, thought he'd done or said something stupid!

PorkRinds

Did you read the article? It's a quote from the article.

greenEGnHAWGS

This gets me fired up. I know it'll be a growing process implementing a new defensive scheme but having some fire on the sidelines will be refreshing.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

ADavisTheGOAT

I always liked his attitude from when he was at Iowa State.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PorkSoda

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on August 23, 2017, 08:12:31 pm
Quick question: what's a rawraw attitude?
think cheerleader, ie "GO TEAM!"
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hogfan991 on August 23, 2017, 08:30:16 pm
I always liked his attitude from when he was at Iowa State.
did you live in iowa?  I'm not sure I ever bothered to watch an ISU game much less educating myself on who the coaches were.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HamSammich

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2017, 08:33:42 pm
did you live in iowa?  I'm not sure I ever bothered to watch an ISU game much less educating myself on who the coaches were.

A lot of us watch cfb any cfb recorded year round from every conference. I honestly was never that impressed with him but it was probably the teams they fielded that soured my attitude.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HamSammich on August 23, 2017, 08:35:50 pm
A lot of us watch cfb any cfb recorded year round from every conference. I honestly was never that impressed with him but it was probably the teams they fielded that soured my attitude.
just wondering, I mean I watch some other games from other conferences, but usually in passing, rather than following a team and learning who their coach is, and top players are etc. 

ISU just seemed like a weird team to follow, unless you lived in the area, since they are basically a big 10 doormat most years. 

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2017, 08:31:37 pm
think cheerleader, ie "GO TEAM!"

It's how you get your boat to go merrily down the stream

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 23, 2017, 08:03:07 pm
Did you read the article? It's a quote from the article.

Yeah, gee, I actually did. I know what was said.
Go Hogs Go!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2017, 08:33:42 pm
Guess you don't remember one of the reasons why we were vaulted to #3 that year lol.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

NuttinItUp

A good kind of crazy, I presume.

Not crazy like some of my exes, I hope..

#1Fan

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2017, 08:44:32 pm
just wondering, I mean I watch some other games from other conferences, but usually in passing, rather than following a team and learning who their coach is, and top players are etc. 

ISU just seemed like a weird team to follow, unless you lived in the area, since they are basically a big 10 doormat most years.
I guess you really don't pay much attention to other conferences. ;)

PharmacistHog

Its what boarfett has when he runs outta vaseline.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

bennyl08

It's when a cute animal goes rawr and you respond with aw.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

razCzar

Birminghog

Quote from: HamSammich on August 23, 2017, 08:35:50 pm
I work with an Iowa State alum who talks in glowing terms about Rhoads, especially as a defensive strategist.

I believe ISU is in the Big 12.  I sincerely hope we have at least one coach with enough fire in his belly to belly ache a bit.  Maybe instead of turning away from players as if he isn't even a part of what is going on, he will take the time right there to coach a bit and teach and also not accept less than full effort.  Shoot maybe he will even act like he cares. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

swineology

And the first time an SEC team runs a 60 yd. jet sweep against us for a TD, CPR will be the black plague.

Hogville mentality

:o

McKdaddy

I like it! Bring on the crazy (D can't be as bad as last year).
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

greasy_corner

Quote from: #1Fan on August 23, 2017, 08:51:58 pm

Well in his defense, they probably would be a B1G doormat too.

I welcome the emotion. As a matter of fact, I second that emotion.

PorkSoda

Quote from: #1Fan on August 23, 2017, 08:51:58 pm
lol, busted.  I had a feeling I had that one wrong, but didn't bother the verify.

nebraska's in the big 12 right?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2017, 08:44:32 pm

Wrong conference. They are in the little 12.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2017, 10:11:22 pm
lol, busted.  I had a feeling I had that one wrong, but didn't bother the verify.

nebraska's in the big 12 right?

Nope. They're still in the B10.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Tusks

Does anyone know, what CPR ever in the running for the Broyles award when he was a DC before getting a HC job?

It would be nice if the assistant coaches that left were more successful than what they've showed so far.  Seems like most that leave are ushered out the door.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Cinco de Hogo

Crazy like GOOD crazy right, not like SMILE crazy!

Pigsknuckles

It's a crypto-quote without the clue.

W=H
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Anyone have that GIF of rhoads going crazy on the sideline at Iowa St?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GunnerHawg70

I have to agree with you MuskogeeHogFan.  CBP was an absolute screamer on the sideline but the players responded.  We haven't had this type of defensive intensity and attitude since CRH (DC Herring) was patrolling the sidelines for our defensive unit...excited to see what type of aggressiveness and attitude the Hogs defense brings to the field...wooopig!!!

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 24, 2017, 07:54:38 am
Crazy like GOOD crazy right, not like SMILE crazy!
Hahahahaha!!!  Even tho JLS was a complete s**t show, it never gets old catching a good laugh...SMILE!!!!

jackflash

Maybe what  we need all a long. someone who will get on them when they make a mistake

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I thought the same thing, but it must be a really harsh "Rah! Rah!" attitude...
Judgement call: I'll allow it. ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 24, 2017, 09:05:39 am
Anyone have that GIF of rhoads going crazy on the sideline at Iowa St?

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

RazorWhacker

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GunnerHawg70

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: factchecker on August 24, 2017, 11:49:53 am
Can play a mean guitar as well:

Haha +1

That's about the best match I've ever seen! 

snf6278

Quote from: Hogfan991 on August 23, 2017, 08:48:18 pm
Guess you don't remember one of the reasons why we were vaulted to #3 that year lol.
The funny part about that win over ok st was the fact that former Razorback Albert Gary was the ISU receiver who caught the winning TD.

hawgwash

Quote from: RazorWhacker on August 24, 2017, 11:43:29 am
I wonder if that ref could hear him?
Probably.  Many people who are visually impaired develop a keen sense of hearing to help compensate.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hawgwash on August 24, 2017, 12:39:34 pm
Probably.  Many people who are visually impaired develop a keen sense of hearing to help compensate.

Is that you coach?

AugustaHog

I will appreciate some fire on the sideline.  I'm not asking for Muschamp level heat, but some intensity will be welcomed.  It seems the players are ready too.

Tusks

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 24, 2017, 02:14:39 pm
I will appreciate some fire on the sideline.  I'm not asking for Muschamp level heat, but some intensity will be welcomed.  It seems the players are ready too.

I hope so, every pic I've ever seen of a great hog defense, no matter what the season, includes a swarming defense.  One of the perfect examples is the pic of the defense in the OU Orange bowl win with 9 guys on the tackle early in the game.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

31to6

Quote from: Sed76 on August 23, 2017, 07:37:31 pm
Good, when there is a break down will be nice to see some emotion for a change.
And hopefully the camera angle from behind the opposing QB will include Hog jerseys in center of frame from time to time. :P

Deon Sanders couldn't have closed fast enough to plug the gaps that Rob Smith's defensive scheme left in the center of the field.