Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hate to Bring Up Petrino, but ...

Started by bphi11ips, September 26, 2017, 07:04:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Qadi999

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 26, 2017, 07:04:12 pm
I heard he got a commit from a 5-star back this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuWf6MTOAz0
worst part about it is he would still be better coached then if he came to Arkansas

bphi11ips

Quote from: Qadi999 on September 26, 2017, 07:11:58 pm
worst part about it is he would still be better coached then if he came to Arkansas

Would be good in some chili ...

STLhawg

I really don't understand all the Petrino lust.  I believe even if he hadn't been fired by Long, I think he would have left for Louisville because he has an easier path there (to winning) and much more freedom under that administration (heck they tolerate Pitino).

bphi11ips

Quote from: STLhawg on September 26, 2017, 07:36:15 pm
I really don't understand all the Petrino lust.  I believe even if he hadn't been fired by Long, I think he would have left for Louisville because he has an easier path there (to winning) and much more freedom under that administration (heck they tolerate Pitino).

;)

onebadrubi

ref should have thrown a flag for excessive celebration just for fun

onebadrubi

We know who didnt click the link...be careful its squirrelly

MuskogeeHogFan

I'm not a Petrino fan (how he ran the program or his responsibility) but as nice as it might have been to get away from the SEC West, going to the same division with Clemson and Florida State isn't exactly what I would call an easier path to winning. Now had he gone to a team in the Coastal Div instead of the ACC Atlantic, I might agree.
Go Hogs Go!

STLhawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 26, 2017, 07:51:24 pm
We know who didnt click the link...be careful its squirrelly
Guilty as charged!  With so many posts mentioning BP lately, I made a bad assumption. 

bphi11ips

With all the moaning and groaning in MMQB, this really belongs there right now. 

Sweet Feet

Its simple: He's a dang good coach who took Arkansas to heights they hadn't seen since the 70s in only 4 years in a much tougher SEC conference. He has won where ever he has gone in the college level. that's where the admiration of petrino comes from. Sure he's cantankerous, but you can't deny he was a great coach

snoblind

What's going to be amusing is if he gets caught up in the current scandal @Louisville.  Servers be crashing left and right.

hobhog

Quote from: snoblind on September 27, 2017, 11:57:01 am
What's going to be amusing is if he gets caught up in the current scandal @Louisville.  Servers be crashing left and right.

He will bolt at first opportunity

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 27, 2017, 12:07:16 am
Its simple: He's a dang good coach who took Arkansas to heights they hadn't seen since the 70s in only 4 years in a much tougher SEC conference. He has won where ever he has gone in the college level. that's where the admiration of petrino comes from. Sure he's cantankerous, but you can't deny he was a great coach

I like a coach that has the "mess with me and I will kill you" attitude.  Not being paid to be a nice guy.  How has the national media love for BB helped us.  I want the us against the world mad scientist type leader.  Has worked pretty well for that New England coach
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU