Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Gunnell just decommitted from aTm

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, February 13, 2018, 09:36:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 14, 2018, 11:43:31 am
These dudes wonder why people out of state think so lowly of us when their no sack asses are walking around with self hatred... Arkansans used to be a big middle finger in the middle of the map.

Arkansas Strong, Arkansas Proud, Arkansas Hard and Arkansas Loud..!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

you were first. that other thread should be merged here.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

February 14, 2018, 02:40:17 pm #52 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:51:18 pm by OS2 (SW) Razor Back
Arkansas Lock.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

PlanoHog

Okie State interest is real. There are reasons I say LSU is still in the lead. The Ohio State offer is intriguing. And as I've said Bama isn't a real contender, see new QBs coach.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

King Kong

February 14, 2018, 09:02:58 pm #54 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:38:42 pm by King Kong
Quote from: PlanoHog on February 14, 2018, 08:47:25 pm
Okie State interest is real. There are reasons I say LSU is still in the lead. The Ohio State offer is intriguing. And as I've said Bama isn't a real contender, see new QBs coach.

Whatever the reason LSU leads it isn't good enough. Would be a terrible choice

HogCzar1

Okie State interest is real. There are reasons I say LSU is still in the lead. The Ohio State offer is intriguing. And as I’ve said Bama isn’t a real contender, see new QBs coach.

Given what you know, where would you rank our chances?

Would you rank LSU, Ohio St., and Oklahoma State all 3 ahead of us?

If that's the case, given Grant's Family's history with Arkansas, would you suggest that he simply isn't interested that much in Arkansas?

Hogfan46

Curious to know how you have so much insight into his recruiting?

Tusks

No QB with any talent and NFL aspirations should go near LSU until Ed O and his band of offensive misfits are no longer in red stix.

I hope he's there for a long time.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogtimes

February 15, 2018, 09:52:22 am #58 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:08:07 am by Hogtimes

Careful...You can get blasted for even suggesting a recruit with two generations of hog blood in his veins, plus being  photographed in Arkansas gear,  might 'consider' going to Okie State or anywhere else.   Especially if it was suggested by an Aggie writer.  Believe me, I know from experience.

I am sure this will get me a few more smites from certain posters.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogtimes on February 15, 2018, 09:52:22 am
Careful...You can get blasted for even suggesting a recruit with two generations of hog blood in his veins from his Grandpa and his parents, plus being  photographed in Arkansas gear,  might 'consider' going to Okie State or anywhere else.   Especially if it was suggested by an Aggie writer.  Believe me, I know from experience.

Seeing how he committed to another school over us previously, I don't think the "family" connection can be used as the "lock" again, lol.

mhuff

New coach perhaps a different perspective

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on February 15, 2018, 10:11:57 am
New coach perhaps a different perspective

No doubt, but lots of recruiting to be made up to get him.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on February 15, 2018, 10:08:29 am
Seeing how he committed to another school over us previously, I don't think the "family" connection can be used as the "lock" again, lol.
Well I have always thought the A&M commitment was about family with his brother, and now that he's not committed I like our chances.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on February 15, 2018, 10:15:30 am
No doubt, but lots of recruiting to be made up to get him.
we will be in that top 3 (imo). The family connections. The texas connections. The friendship with Mike Woods. The offense. The lack of a bonafide beast at QB here. It's on and poppin, y'all. We have as good a chance as anybody. It won't be Aggie or Horn. It's coming down to Arkansas, LSU, and probably a third contender for his services.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 15, 2018, 11:37:14 am
we will be in that top 3 (imo). The family connections. The texas connections. The friendship with Mike Woods. The offense. The lack of a bonafide beast at QB here. It's on and poppin, y'all. We have as good a chance as anybody. It won't be Aggie or Horn. It's coming down to Arkansas, LSU, and probably a third contender for his services.

I was told before he committed to aTm last year that there was an interest in Okie Lite,I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top 3. We need to get him on campus again, and let it go from there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 15, 2018, 11:37:14 am

No matter where he goes, we will be in his top 2-3... seems to always be that way on here

The_Iceman

Why would he go to Ohio State? Meyer doesn't coach pro-style QBs like Grant. And LSU? What a mess for a QB.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2018, 12:05:32 pm
Why would he go to Ohio State? Meyer doesn't coach pro-style QBs like Grant. And LSU? What a mess for a QB.

Agreed, this kid needs us to make his top 3.

Any chance we can get he NCAA to make that mandatory? If so after I'm done we will have top 5 class

31to6

Yah, I don't get. I can't see any reason why a kid would want to play at a top 10 program with 8 championships, 7 Heiman winners and 85 all-Americans for the winningest power 5 coach in the nation. Kid must be insane to even consider them...

I agree it is not a great fit for Meyer's offensive system, but if he likes a player, you have to consider him a credible threat. Dude can recruit.

Grizzlyfan

Is the Morris system the best suited to highlight the skills of a pro-style QB?

HawgwildinMI

I think our chances of getting him improved greatly after the Morris hire. This offense is suited for his skill set and he know this I'm sure. People speculate and I do believe okie lite and LSwho are legit contenders but if we can add a Treylon Burkes/Hudson Henry our chances skyrocket. Idc that he did not use the TE position at SMU as much he has still sent a TE to the league. If you can get open in this offense you will get the ball thrown to you. I think our chances are dying as is, but add some elite targets were going to be hard to pass up. I know he started to waiver after Jumbo come aboard but the school I remember getting his attention was us at that point and time. Maybe things changed but I doubt it.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 15, 2018, 04:23:31 pm
Is the Morris system the best suited to highlight the skills of a pro-style QB?
He's more of a pocket passer for sure, but I don't know if he would deem himself a pro-style QB.  He was not at all interested in Enos's offense which was as pro style friendly as you could get.  I think he is a pocket passer who is looking for a spread offense.  Hell the NFL is going to more of these spread principles anyways.  He committed to TAMU under Sumlin and is apparently interested in Arkansas and Okie St among others.  I would guess he is after something more along the lines of what he's used to in the Texas HS ranks.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 16, 2018, 09:08:21 am
He's more of a pocket passer for sure, but I don't know if he would deem himself a pro-style QB.  He was not at all interested in Enos's offense which was as pro style friendly as you could get.  I think he is a pocket passer who is looking for a spread offense.  Hell the NFL is going to more of these spread principles anyways.  He committed to TAMU under Sumlin and is apparently interested in Arkansas and Okie St among others.  I would guess he is after something more along the lines of what he's used to in the Texas HS ranks.

It wasn't the Enos offense that turned Grant off, it was Enos himself. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 19, 2018, 10:55:26 am
It wasn't the Enos offense that turned Grant off, it was Enos himself.
good insight. thanks for the post. Tell me, am I wrong to think Arkansas, LSU, and a 3rd player perhaps, will lead  for his services?

woodhog14

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 19, 2018, 11:01:58 am
good insight. thanks for the post. Tell me, am I wrong to think Arkansas, LSU, and a 3rd player perhaps, will lead  for his services?
Oklahoma State. Watch out for them. He's high on the Cowboys.

HogCzar1

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 19, 2018, 11:08:19 am

I have heard that as well. In fact, some of the recruiting gurus seem to have backed off of their statements about his Arkansas interest. I am not sure that Grant has even scheduled a campus visit yet. I know that we are supposed to have a big weekend with juniors upcoming but I haven't seen anything that has said that he would be a part of that.

ricepig

Quote from: HogCzar1 on February 19, 2018, 01:47:49 pm
I have heard that as well. In fact, some of the recruiting gurus seem to have backed off of their statements about his Arkansas interest. I am not sure that Grant has even scheduled a campus visit yet. I know that we are supposed to have a big weekend with juniors upcoming but I haven't seen anything that has said that he would be a part of that.

I've heard they want him up for a practice and a weekend when there are fewer recruits, thus able to show more "love".

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 19, 2018, 11:01:58 am

TBH I am not sure where Arkansas is on the list.  I know its still there.  Okie light has always been high on the list as they were the 1st school to really show interest.  LSU is up at the top despite what people here say.    I just hope the Ohio St stuff is just rumors.  Coaches need to get him on campus with the other big name targets and let fly. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogtimes on February 15, 2018, 09:52:22 am
Careful...You can get blasted for even suggesting a recruit with two generations of hog blood in his veins, plus being  photographed in Arkansas gear,  might 'consider' going to Okie State or anywhere else.   Especially if it was suggested by an Aggie writer.  Believe me, I know from experience.

Were you wrong before?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Yeah, but history shows that people really love to live High On The Hog..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ballinhog

I think KJ Jefferson may be better for us in the long run. I watched a few clips and he's got a cannon and he can move

HogX

Quote from: ballinhog on February 22, 2018, 10:01:42 am
I think KJ Jefferson may be better for us in the long run. I watched a few clips and he's got a cannon and he can move

I would personally be thrilled with either.  I think both are big-time players, just with different styles. 

GoHogzzGo

Ugh, cannot stand that mullet blowhard.
They have improved but we would still crush them on facilities. Get Grant on campus and drive down there a couple times please, lots of love yada yada.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

GoHogzzGo

Hog Fan...DOH!

Are we putting all our collective fan eggs in one QB basket? 

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on February 22, 2018, 11:22:31 am

We've offered 8 QB's so far, so I would say no. Some may only think of one, but those that know recruiting know better than to do that.

ballinhog

Quote from: HogX on February 22, 2018, 10:42:47 am
I would personally be thrilled with either.  I think both are big-time players, just with different styles. 

Once I watched film of Jefferson I automatically wanted him more than Gunnell. Gunnell may be more exciting in February and better for class rank but for the next several years I think Jefferson would be better for us. Big arm, can run although he's no Michael Vick he can move. And he looks to be solidly built, which is big for being able to take hits from SEC defenders. I really like Jefferson, but obviously would be thrilled with Gunnell.

I think we need a dual threat guy

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ballinhog on February 22, 2018, 12:26:35 pm
Once I watched film of Jefferson I automatically wanted him more than Gunnell. Gunnell may be more exciting in February and better for class rank but for the next several years I think Jefferson would be better for us. Big arm, can run although he's no Michael Vick he can move. And he looks to be solidly built, which is big for being able to take hits from SEC defenders. I really like Jefferson, but obviously would be thrilled with Gunnell.

I think we need a dual threat guy

Agreed on all points. Would be excited either way and both great options. Prefer Jefferson at first look (with zero football coaching experience of course lol).

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on February 22, 2018, 11:22:31 am

It is February.  I doubt it.  LOL