Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Saban, winner of four national titles, says he should have won four more

Started by jbcarol, September 02, 2015, 09:03:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Crimson Tide head coach said in a radio interview yesterday with Paul Finebaum that he feels he should have won four more national titles. Would know.

Quote"We haven't finished the season in the last two seasons like we'd like," Saban said to ESPN's Paul Finebaum (per Atlanta Journal-Constitution). "People talk about you won four national championships. Well, I feel like we've had good enough teams to win eight. So I feel like we failed four times. I feel like I failed four times."

Alabama had a chance last season as the top seed in the new College Football Playoff. The Tide were turned aside by Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl semifinal game. The previous season Alabama missed a chance to play for the national title when Auburn stunned them in the Iron Bowl with the Kick-Six, knocking Alabama out of the SEC Championship Game out of the SEC West and relegating Alabama to a Sugar Bowl match-up with Oklahoma instead. You might say Alabama was one win away from a national championship each of the past two seasons...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net