Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Commissioner Sankey

Started by jbcarol, August 28, 2015, 03:19:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Greg Sankey ‏@GregSankey 12h12 hours ago

Congrats to @GamecockFB! The first football win of my tenure as @SEC Commissioner. I'm looking forward to many more!

jbcarol

Bham Biz Journal ‏@bhambizjrnl 23h23 hours ago

.@BhamHealthTech sits down with @GregSankey to discuss his new role as @SEC commissioner http://bizj.us/1j44mc 

Quote...for Sankey, it's nothing new. He's been with the SEC for the last 13 years and is well-equipped to run the league, although he admits that there has been a transitional period to adapt to the enormity of the role.

"Earlier this year I visited the network, and I think we need to continue to build upon the interest from a viewership and subscription standpoint, but my hope is that we continue and become more effective telling the stories around our program. There are great athletic achievements that are shown in games, but Vanderbilt took a contingent of students to Cuba for the summer. We have a quarterback at Tennessee that's an aerospace engineer student. I met (University of Georgia wide receiver) Malcolm Mitchell this morning, who has authored a children's book..."

jbcarol