Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 SEC Basketball Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, April 17, 2015, 11:08:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on April 22, 2015, 03:15:28 pm
Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels  ·  23h 23 hours ago

Five-star Malik Monk (http://foxs.pt/1Db9QPl ) had in-home visits w/ John Calipari & Dana Atlman on Monday. Meets w/ Mike Anderson tomorrow.

I'm betting Dana didn't Call the Hogs while there............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 31, 2015, 10:55:51 am
I'm betting Dana didn't Call the Hogs while there............................

I don't think his friends in Omaha would like seeing him do that.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Rob Harrington
‏@Rob_Harrington
Top-100 big man Sacha Killeya-Jones has backed off his pledge to Virginia | http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1551612-killeya-jones-reopens-recruitment ... |
4:46 PM - 2 Jun 2015

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  2h2 hours ago Colorado Springs, CO
Evan Daniels retweeted Rob Harrington
UNC was involved first time. Wouldn't surprise me to see Kentucky take a peak ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred 18h18 hours ago

Ben Frederickson retweeted Evan Daniels

6-10 New Zealand power forward Matt Freeman says Tennessee among those recruiting him the hardest

jbcarol

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 15h15 hours ago

2016 Small Forward Jonathan Isaac Has a List of 12 http://zagsblog.com/articles/2016-small-forward-jonathan-isaac-has-a-list-of-12/ ... via @adamzagoria

QuoteJonathan Isaac, a 6-foot-9, 17-year old small forward from Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy, released a list of 12 schools on Wednesday.

He is considering Stanford, Wake Forest, Virginia, Miami, Cal, Kentucky, Florida State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Auburn, LSU and Texas.

jbcarol

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 15h15 hours ago

Missouri offered 2018 point guard Jordan McCabe on his unofficial visit today.

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 2h2 hours ago

Eric Hester, a 2016 guard out of Oldsmar Christian, will take a visit to Florida today, per coach Jordan Fair.

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  2h2 hours ago Kentucky, USA
Lamar Peters committed to Mississippi State during his unofficial visit today, a source tells Scout. Four-star point guard.

jbcarol

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 1h1 hour ago

Top eight for Miles Bridges (No. 7 in 2016): Michigan St., Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana, UNC, NC State, Iowa St., Louisville. @MilesBridges01

jbcarol

GoVolsXtra ‏@GoVolsXtra 11h11 hours ago

Oak Ridge star Tee Higgins claims basketball offer from Vols http://ow.ly/OcQpD 

QuoteTee Higgins, a four-star Oak Ridge High School wide receiver in the 2017 class, has been on the Tennessee football team's wish list for a while.

The 6-foot-4, 184-pound Higgins has received a basketball scholarship offer from the Vols, he posted to his Twitter account Thursday night.

The offer came after Higgins, accompanied by his AAU coach and former Vols guard Bobby Maze, stopped by UT's campus on Tuesday afternoon

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats Jun 12

2016 power forward Sacha Killeya-Jones is visiting UK this weekend. Top 50 prospect decommitted from Virginia last week.

2016 PF Sacha Killeya-Jones picked up a scholarship offer from Kentucky during today's visit.

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 8h8 hours ago

ICYMI: Ole Miss added some much needed depth to its front court w/ a commitment from 2016 JUCO F @Tyrek_coger http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2015/06/13/tyrek-coger-commits-olemiss/71174130/ ...

jbcarol

Quote from: -Blu on June 16, 2015, 12:07:24 pm
Dudley E. Dawson ‏@Dedsports  1m1 minute ago
Arkansas lands pledge from 2016 SG Daryl Macon, former LR Parkview star and current first-team All-American from Holmes CC

HUGE get for us here!  He was starting to get offers and attention from some very good programs.  He may be the best JUCO guard to come out next year.  Not a bad way to start the 2016 class with a JUCO all American and Arkansas product.

jbcarol

Quite a bit has changed in the basketball world of Sacha Killeya-Jones during the past couple of weeks.

On June 2, he backed out of a five-month commitment to the University of Virginia, opting to reopen his recruitment and see what other schools were interested.

Plenty of colleges took notice, and University of Kentucky assistant coach Kenny Payne was one of those who called Killeya-Jones the night he decommitted. The following night, UK Coach John Calipari called, and the two talked for about an hour.

A week after that, Killeya-Jones was in Lexington for a recruiting visit. He landed a scholarship offer during that trip.

QuoteKilleya-Jones is spending this week at the NBPA Top 100 Camp at — of all places — the University of Virginia. The 6-foot-10 power forward said it hasn't been strange being back on the campus he once planned to call home.

Scout.com analyst Evan Daniels praised Killeya-Jones' skill level for a big man: "He runs the floor well. He's got good hands, he can make jump shots. He's got good touch around the basket. There's some good tools to work with there. He's not a finished product, but he's talented."

247Sports analyst Jerry Meyer has Killeya-Jones ranked higher than any of the other recruiting services: No. 30 overall in the class of 2016.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 13h13 hours ago

NEW: Thon Maker going back to the class of 2016. He says he will not play college basketball at all next season http://bit.ly/1BrvMM2

Thon Maker: "I tried to get in the 2015 class. It just didn't work out, so I'm going to stay (in 2016)." He will graduate next June.

Attention hoar

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats  8h8 hours ago
Taylor County's Quentin Goodin just drove baseline and threw down an impressive reverse dunk. Plans to trim his list to 5 or 6 on Monday.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Herald-Leader Sports ‏@KentuckySports 14h14 hours ago

As always, the @NextCats summer recruiting guide is jam-packed with facts: http://bit.ly/1dVxXg3 

QuoteMalik Monk

6-foot-3 | Shooting guard Lapento, Ark.

Scout.com rank: 7th

■ Monk is one of the most exciting players in the country and arguably the best pure scorer in this class. He's turned in some dazzling performances in front of Calipari, including a 45-point game last November. Clearly one of UK's top four or five recruiting priorities in the class of 2016, Monk has not yet trimmed his list of schools. It could come down to UK and Arkansas, the home-state program that has made him priority No. 1.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 4h4 hours ago

Five-star shooting guard Josh Langford has committed to Michigan State, according to @ReggieRankin. UK had been high on his list.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago

Quentin Goodin told ESPN his list of finalists are Florida, Xavier, Miami, Western Kentucky and Louisville. @Goodin_3

jbcarol

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  7h7 hours ago
Jaylen Fisher (No. 41) said Memphis, Baylor, Arkansas, Tennessee have made him a priority. LSU, NC State, Texas also listed.

jbcarol

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop Jun 24

Former Mississippi State commit Darius Hicks -  a 2016 PF - visits Ole Miss today, while 2016 PF Jethro Tshisumpa will visit Arizona State.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Rob Dauster ‏@RobDauster 9h9 hours ago

Not sure if it's out there, but Tulsa just picked up a commitment from Lawson Korita (Little Rock/Arkansas Wings). 6-5 guard in 2016.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 23h23 hours ago

Per @HoopsWeiss, 2016 f Maverick Rowan down to St. John's, Wisconsin and NC State. Florida out of the mix.

Watched Maverick Rowan in person. Would be terrific get for St. John's. Versatile wing scorer. Son of former SJU G Ron Rowan.

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 2h2 hours ago

Updated schools lists, visit information & evaluations on the entire 2016 top 100 | Breakdown: http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1560081-2016-top-100-updated-lists-evaluations ...

QuoteNo. 7 Malik Monk | Class of 2016

Arkansas, Oregon and Kentucky have held in-home visits and are the schools recruiting Malik Monk the hardest, according to those close to the Monk situation. He's unoffically visited Arkansas multiple times and saw Kentucky in August. He also previously visited Kansas. Iowa State and Florida were in the mix prior to coaching changes.

jbcarol

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 4h4 hours ago

St. John's, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina to Prioritize Rawle Alkins  http://zagsblog.com/articles/st-johns-kentucky-indiana-north-carolina-to-prioritize-rawle-alkins-heron-visits-alabama-marquette-st-johns-up-next/ ...

QuoteSt. John's, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina to Prioritize Rawle Alkins; Heron Visits Alabama, Marquette, St. John's Up Next

After excelling at the recent Adidas EuroCamp in Italy, the 6-foot-5 Alkins holds offers from virtually every major program in the nation, including Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Villanova, Indiana, Louisville, Cincinnati, N.C. State, St. John's and more. Duke and North Carolina have also expressed interest.

As previously reported, Alkins may end up attending a prep school next season because his high school clock in New York and at Christ the King has run out.

After decommitting from Pittsburgh, Heron's recruitment has also soared.

He visited Alabama over the weekend, tripped to Marquette on Monday and Tuesday and will visit St. John's on Thursday.

"I know that St. John's is on him pretty hard," Borman said. "I know Mississippi State is on him pretty hard....I hate naming lists because I know I'm going to forget somebody."

As for the visit to Alabama, "I know that Mustapha's dad Bryan was impressed with Avery Johnson down at Alabama. He said he's a very real, genuine guy, thinks that that's a program that's on the rise.

"Obviously, they just got  a commitment from Kobie Eubanks. If you look at the programs that Mustapha is looking at, they're all programs that are quickly becoming players.

"Mississippi State got the kid Malik Newman, Alabama got the kid Kobie Eubanks, Marquette got the kid Henry Ellenson along with four or five other Top 100 kids, and I think that those type of schools provide Mustafa with the opportunity to not only be an impact player asa freshman but also being a part of putting someone on the map and in that tournament-run kind of area, which is unique. You always want to be a part of making someone great."

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 22m22 minutes ago

Ben Roberts retweeted Jeff Borzello

Top-rated recruit in Kentucky for 2016 (maybe ever). Also considering WKU, Florida, Xavier and Miami.

Jeff BorzelloVerified account@jeffborzello

ESPN 100 guard Quentin Goodin tells me his final five has changed: Michigan is back in the mix, Louisville is out.

jbcarol

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 11h11 hours ago

Five-star point guard Alterique Gilbert will announce his college decision on Saturday morning.

Guess I'm changing my plans for the 4th

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on July 03, 2015, 08:37:55 am
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 11h11 hours ago

Five-star point guard Alterique Gilbert will announce his college decision on Saturday morning.

Guess I'm changing my plans for the 4th

UConn

jbcarol

2016 Recruiting Heats Up

QuoteThis week marks the start of the key stretch of summer recruiting for high school basketball stars as the July period hits its massive crescendo. The Peach Jam strikes at the end of the week...

jbcarol

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt 18h18 hours ago

For the 2017 NCAA basketball championship, I'm taking whoever signs Harry Giles.

jbcarol

Richard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  1h1 hour ago
Richard Davenport retweeted Solo
Razorback BB target Malik Monk and the Arkansas Wings playing at Pulaski Academy tonight. Open to the public.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3h3 hours ago

Malik Monk gets to the basket basically whenever he wants. No. 5 in ESPN. List: Arkansas, UK, Oregon, FSU, Kansas, SMU, St. John's and UNC.

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 8h8 hours ago

Updated schools lists & evaluations of every 2016 top 100 player | Story:  http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1560081-2016-top-100-updated-lists-evaluations ...

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 14h14 hours ago

Mississippi State & Ben Howland have a good one in PG Lamar Peters. Competitive, a tremendous passer and shoots it well from three too.

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago

I didn't see Thon Maker in past year, but some were down on him. Not sure because every time I see him he looks terrific. Future lotto pick.

Maker is long, skilled, active, plays hard -- and is extremely vocal (in a good way) with his teammates.

jbcarol

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 4h4 hours ago

Spending the next three days at Peach Jam -- where I'll be sitting in cold gyms watching college coaches watch college prospects.

Watching Malik Monk this morning. Favorite player in Class of 2016. He'll probably sign a $100 million contract someday.

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels Jul 16 Suwanee, GA

Thon Maker's guardian Ed Smith told Scout that Arizona State, Indiana & Kentucky are the schools pursuing the five-star recruit the hardest.

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 54m54 minutes ago

Braxton Blackwell has narrowed his list to Kansas, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Texas, Tennessee & Virginia, according to his coach @DrewMaddux.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/braxton-blackwell

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 57m57 minutes ago Louisville, KY

Jayson Tatum will be playing with the Arkansas Wings & Miles Bridges with Mac Irvin Fire in the 8 this weekend @nikeeyb

http://verbalcommits.com/players/jayson-tatum

jbcarol

Andrew Slater ‏@ASlater247 9h9 hours ago

Kentucky's John Calipari & Kenny Payne, Arkansas full staff & UNC's Robinson for Malik Monk @AhmadMonk of @WingsElete

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 10h10 hours ago

After watching AAU hoops last few weeks, haven't been this excited about group in while than Class of '16. Exactly what college hoops needs.

jbcarol

Just wild about Harry:

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3h3 hours ago

Besides Anthony Davis, Harry Giles is top overall recruit I've seen in past decade-plus...

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein Jul 30

2016 PG Kamar Baldwin (Atlanta Celtics) will visit Ole Miss on 9/3, source told @CBSSports. Will also visit Butler and Clemson.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 23h23 hours ago

Talented lefty who plays HARD RT @ebosshoops: 2016 5-star Mustapha Heron's first official visit is set for Mississippi State 8/27