Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 SEC Football Projections

Started by jbcarol, January 13, 2015, 06:55:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Neal McCready ‏@NealMcCready 5h5 hours ago Oxford, MS

Neal McCready retweeted Alex Scarborough

Insult to dumpster fires everywhere. It was a train wreck caused by a high operator hallucinating about a dumpster 🔥

Alex ScarboroughVerified account
‏@AlexS_ESPN

Freeze said this is the first time he's felt good about his depth chart top to bottom. He called the program he inherited a "dumpster fire."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Chris Low@ClowESPN

Jim McElwain told me as many as four freshmen would be in Florida's offensive line rotation this season.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

widespreadsooie

As of now, these are my preseason power rankings. SEC predictions with final record to come in a couple weeks. How does everyone else rank 'em 1-14 for preseason purposes?

1. AUB
2. Bama
3. Hogs
4. MIZ
5. A&M
6. OM
7. LSU
8. UGA
9. TN
10. USC-e
11. Sip St.
12. KY
13. FL
14. Vandy

ALLVOL

It's funny that you don't think any East teams sans Mizzou are good enough for the top half.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 23, 2015, 02:55:25 pm
It's funny that you don't think any East teams sans Mizzou are good enough for the top half.

What would lead me to believe that any of them are?

widespreadsooie

By the end of the season, I think 4-9 will prove to be interchangeable but based off of recent seasons I think MIZ and UGA are the only two East teams that could make a case for preseason top half. 

JansterZ71

As of Now

1. AUB
2. UGA
3. BAMA
4. MIZZOU
5. TENNESSEE
6. TAMU
7. ARK
8. OM
9. UK
10. LSU
11. FL
12. MISS ST
13. USC
14. VANDY
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

ALLVOL

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 23, 2015, 03:21:50 pm
What would lead me to believe that any of them are?
Talent level, returning starters etc. 
I know the west is better but you're kidding yourself if you're one of the delusional fans that thinks there's a grand Canyon gap between the divisions.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 23, 2015, 04:23:22 pm
Talent level, returning starters etc. 
I know the west is better but you're kidding yourself if you're one of the delusional fans that thinks there's a grand Canyon gap between the divisions.

I said nothing of such gap, that's just your inference based off my rankings. Talent level? That has already spoken for itself from what we've seen on the field. This isn't a debate about divisions, it's a preseason poll. Post it if you have it and we'll compare and debate from there. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you other than what I previously said, 4-9 is very close and ultimately interchangeable.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 7h7 hours ago

2015 Auburn opponent preview: A down year for Mississippi State http://ow.ly/Q0CpO

QuoteState 2014 record: 10-3

Coach: Dan Mullen, 7th year (46-31)

Returning starters: 4 offense, 3 defense

State gets its Heisman Trophy candidate back in quarterback Dak Prescott, but the Bulldogs lose a lot on offense and defense. Defensive end Preston Smith, and linebackers Benardrick McKinney and Matt Wells were picked up in the NFL Draft. Running back Josh Robinson decided to go pro and only three starters return on a defense that lost its defensive coordinator (Geoff Collins) to Florida.

Prescott was named the SEC's first-team quarterback by the media, and he'll need to put the Bulldogs on his shoulders if they want to repeat the success of 2014. The Bulldogs were picked to finish last in the SEC West by the media.

Mississippi State has been at its best when returning a bevy of veterans and starters under coach Dan Mullen (2010 and 2014, especially), and that's simply not the case this season...

jbcarol

preview Vanderbilt Commodores

QuoteRecord last season: 3-9 overall, 0-8 in the SEC. The Commodores got trounced by Temple in the opener and finished by losing its final three games to Florida, Mississippi State and Tennessee by a combined 109-27.

Head coach: Previously the defensive coordinator at Stanford, Derek Mason arrived in Nashville to replace the popular James Franklin and, well, it was a season to forget. Vanderbilt squeezed out just three non-conference wins. Mason later admitted that he assumed his new team would play like an SEC team and that didn't turn out to be the case...

The 2014 stats: Vanderbilt ranked No. 122 in total offense out of 125 FCS teams, which cost offensive coordinator and former UCLA head coach Karl Dorrell his job. The Commodores were better on defense, ranking No. 68 nationally in total yards allowed.

Drafted by NFL: As you might expect for a team that did not win a conference game, Vandy didn't have a single player drafted in 2015.

Rivals Class of 2015 ranking: No. 48. The Commodores picked up three four-star prospects...

Coordinators: After the disastrous debut season, Mason sacked both his coordinators. Besides Dorrell, defensive coordinator David Kotulski also got the axe. Mason will call the defensive signals himself in 2015. That's Mason's background and he's apparently decided to put it on his own shoulders. There are plenty of head coaches who call their own offensive plays, but not many who do so on the defensive side of the ball. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. Andy Ludwig is the new offensive coordinator. The 51-year-old previously ran Wisconsin's grind-it-out offense.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports Jul 25

2015 Auburn opponent preview: Kentucky built for success, Thursday night showcase http://ow.ly/Q5ckq

Steve Moss ‏@smosswkyt Jul 25

Here's a new look.. UK fans are sure to like the chrome on white look

Quote2014 record: 5-7

Coach: Mark Stoops, 3rd year (7-17)

Returning starters: 7 offense, 7 defense

What to expect: Kentucky has experience all over the field and an identity should be defined by the time Auburn comes to town in mid-October. The Wildcats host the Tigers on a Thursday night...

Wildcats return their starting quarterback, and yet they still can't decide publicly whether to go with Patrick Towles or redshirt freshman Drew Baker as the starter. The guess here is Towles, who threw for 2,718 yards in 2014, will be the starter. Stanley Williams returns at running back, which should instill some confidence after proving himself as a runner and pass catcher (162 yards). Defensively, two stars in defensive ends Alvin "Bud" Dupree and Za'Darius Smith depart and yet seven starters return, including four of the top six tacklers.

This might be the year Kentucky rises to the top half of the SEC East...

"Strange things happen. I think it's very different," Stoops said of Thursday night games. "It's not a lot of fun to go on the road for a Thursday game. It's just weird."

Unit that could hurt Auburn: The Wildcats' offense has shown signs of exhilarating promise, and this might finally be the year for an offensive explosion under coordinator Shannon Dawson...

jbcarol

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

They know about strength of schedule but do not know about the importance of rounding.

2. Bama  8.7 - 3.5
5. LSU     9.1 - 3.1
6. UGa    9.4 - 3.1
8. A&M    8.6 - 3.6   
9. OM      8.7 - 3.5
10. Ark   8.1 - 4.0
13. Vols   8.6 - 3.7
17. AU    7.4 - 4.6
23. UF     6.9 - 5.1
27. MU    7.1 - 4.9
31. MSt.  6.3 - 5.7
40. SC    5.5 - 6.5
47. UK     6.0 - 6.1
51. VU    4.8 - 7.2

jbcarol

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 5h5 hours ago

Most important position: Arkansas Razorbacks http://es.pn/1VJg5a8

QuoteMost important position: Receiver

Why: ... an improved Allen is not enough on his own, the players catching his passes also have to step it up. Arkansas has excellent tight ends but increased production from the receiver position will be important.

Keon Hatcher appears poised for a big season...

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 18h18 hours ago

2015 Auburn opponent preview: Arkansas poses huge challenge http://ow.ly/Q91ZD

QuoteArkansas

Returning starters: 9 offense, 6 defense

What to expect: The hot pick to possibly make a run to the top 15 nationally, Arkansas poses a physical threat that has been built from the ground up under Bret Bielema.

Nine starters return on a bulky, methodical and powerful offense that returns two 1,000-yard rushers in Jonathan Williams and Alex Collins. Quarterback Brandon Allen returns, and though he's not an All-SEC caliber player his experience will do nothing but help the Razorbacks in Year 3 of the Bielema era. Defensively, Robb Smith returns as coordinator after leading an impressive first-year turnaround as coordinator (ninth to second in the SEC) last season.

Unique is a word used too often in college football, but the Razorbacks' power-running game and formidable offensive line averaging more over 320 pounds at each position provides a challenge in this age of spread and uptempo offenses bleeding through the SEC. Auburn has to travel to Fayetteville, too, where the Hogs outscored opponents by an average of 23 points last season. The Razorbacks are also early favorites.

Unit that could hurt Auburn: Auburn's defensive line will be a strength this season, but Arkansas' offensive line could be a daunting matchup for any team in the SEC...

jbcarol

http://www.footballperspective.com/implied-srs-ratings-of-college-football-teams-in-2015

Rk   Tm   G   MOV   SOS   SRS
1   Ohio State   4   16.3   0   16.3
2   TCU   8   15.9   -1.4   14.5
3   Baylor   6   10.7   2.3   13
4   Alabama   9   7.3   4.7   12
5   Oregon   7   11.5   -3.5   8
6   Arkansas   8   2.8   5.1   7.9
7   Georgia   6   4.9   2.8   7.7
8   LSU   9   5.8   1.3   7.1
9   Michigan State   5   2.5   3.8   6.3
10   Auburn   8   2.9   3   5.8
11   Florida State   5   6.3   -1.2   5.1
12   Ole Miss   7   0.4   4.7   5.1
13   Oklahoma   7   1.1   3.8   4.8
14   Tennessee   7   1.1   3.3   4.5

The implied ratings provide a good gauge on teams and uses a formula based on on the Golden Nugget's early lines and strength of schedule. For example, the implied ratings compiled in the preseason of 2014 included three of the four playoff teams in the top four -- Auburn, at No. 4, was the lone team that did not reach a national semifinal.

jbcarol

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/2015/1

3. Bama
7. Au
9. UGa
13. LS
15. OM
20. Arkansas
23. MU
25. Vols

Some others receiving votes:  26. State, 27. A&M, 36. SC, T-48 UF (2 pts), UK (1 pt)

jbcarol

David Brandt ‏@davidbrandtAP 3h3 hours ago

Ole Miss is No. 15 while Mississippi State just misses preseason spot in USA Today coaches poll. http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/ ...

NaturalStateReb

West
1.  Auburn
2.  Alabama
3.  Ole Miss
4.  Arkansas
5.  LSU
6.  Mississippi State
7.  Texas A&M

East
1.  Georgia
2.  Missouri
3.  Tennessee
4.  South Carolina
5.  Florida
6.  Kentucky
7.  Vanderbilt
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

LA Football fan

There is no way ole miss is going to be that high breaking in a new qb.  Treadwell will be back but defenses will double cover him and make the new qb throw to someone else not to mention throw different schemes and coverages at him to confuse him.

1. Bama (until someone proves they are better, bama stays on top)
2. UGA   ( I think this is the year they actually perform up to talent level)
3.  Hogs/Auburn  (Toss up on these two teams)
5. LSU
6. Ole Miss/Florida
8. Missou
9. Tenn
10. A&M
11. USCe
12. MSU
13. Kentucky
14. Vandy

jbcarol

Games scheduled against the Coaches Preseason Top 30

Ohio State*  2
Bama**       9

* Ohio State plays VaTech
** Bama matches Ohio State in number of games against the B1G Top 30.         

jbcarol

Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner 22h22 hours ago

Mississippi State lost seven offensive starters, but returns the only one that matters: Dak Prescott. http://on.thec-l.com/1IbFLoX

QuoteSTARKVILLE – No Southeastern Conference team gained more yards per game than Mississippi State last year. Only seven teams in the entire country gained more yards per game. The Bulldogs averaged a school record 513.8 yards per game. The previous school record was 434.4 in 2013.

The majority of the faces behind those records are gone.

Josh Robinson's 1,583 total yards is now with the Indianapolis Colts. Malcolm Johnson took his 28 receptions and 380 yards to the Cleveland Browns. Jameon Lewis and Robert Johnson, who combined for 607 yards last year, are also gone, along with three starters along the offensive line.

In all seven starters from last year's offense are gone entering 2015.

Two names return though, and they're most important: Dan Mullen and Dak Prescott.

"With that experience with a guy like Dak is certainly going to help us," MSU coach Dan Mullen said. "It's certainly going to help us continue to move the chains."

There are questions surrounding Mississippi State in 2015...

Svrdhd

From SDS:
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/las-vegas-ranks-top-25-for-2015/

Essentially, the website used a formula to convert betting lines into rankings. So according to Vegas, here's the college football Top 25 entering the season (USA Today Coaches Poll ranking in parenthesis):

Ohio State (No. 1)
TCU (No. 2)
Baylor (No. 4)
Alabama (No. 3)
Oregon (No. 5)
Arkansas (No. 20)
Georgia (No. 9)
LSU (No. 13)
Michigan State (No. 6)
Auburn (No. 7)
Florida State (No. 8)
Ole Miss (No. 15)
Oklahoma (No. 19)
Tennessee (No. 25)
USC (No. 10)
Stanford (No. 21)
UCLA (No. 14)
Missouri (No. 23)
Georgia Tech (No. 17)
Clemson (No. 12)
Texas A&M (NR)
Notre Dame (No. 11)
Wisconsin (No. 18)
Boise State (No. 24)
Mississippi State (NR)

Also:
Arkansas is the biggest surprise, at least on the surface. The Razorbacks are getting a ton of love from professional gamblers as well as from early lines in sports books, ranking at No. 6 in the simulated Vegas poll. This isn't as big of a surprise if you're familiar with analytics and nerdy stats. Arkansas has finished 0-7 in one-possession games under coach Bret Bielema, something I've chronicled endlessly this offseason. In the eyes of professional gamblers, this is a sign that the team has been better than its record indicates and could be undervalued. The gambling market already reflects this.

SIAP
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Svrdhd on August 02, 2015, 12:25:46 pm
From SDS:
Essentially, the website used a formula to convert betting lines into rankings. So according to Vegas, here's the college football Top 25 entering the season (USA Today Coaches Poll ranking in parenthesis):

Ohio State (No. 1)
TCU (No. 2)
Baylor (No. 4)
Alabama (No. 3)
Oregon (No. 5)
Arkansas (No. 20)
Georgia (No. 9)
LSU (No. 13)
Michigan State (No. 6)
Auburn (No. 7)
Florida State (No. 8)
Ole Miss (No. 15)
Oklahoma (No. 19)
Tennessee (No. 25)
USC (No. 10)
Stanford (No. 21)
UCLA (No. 14)
Missouri (No. 23)
Georgia Tech (No. 17)
Clemson (No. 12)
Texas A&M (NR)
Notre Dame (No. 11)
Wisconsin (No. 18)
Boise State (No. 24)
Mississippi State (NR)

Also:
Arkansas is the biggest surprise, at least on the surface. The Razorbacks are getting a ton of love from professional gamblers as well as from early lines in sports books, ranking at No. 6 in the simulated Vegas poll. This isn't as big of a surprise if you're familiar with analytics and nerdy stats. Arkansas has finished 0-7 in one-possession games under coach Bret Bielema, something I've chronicled endlessly this offseason. In the eyes of professional gamblers, this is a sign that the team has been better than its record indicates and could be undervalued. The gambling market already reflects this.

SIAP

You need to provide a link to their site when using their content. Just FYI.
Go Hogs Go!

Bigdavis

I was just coming here to post this. For those who follow the smart money in Vegas this is exciting and further strengthens my expectations that the Hogs are going to be a force to reckon with this year.

NuttinItUp

So now, going by that, every SEC team we play this year is in the top 25. Great...

Svrdhd

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2015, 12:27:50 pm
You need to provide a link to their site when using their content. Just FYI.
Good point, and the link is now there.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

ZERO

I really don't think a team has ever finished 7-6 in such a dramatic and impressive fashion. We nearly beat so many teams that competed for the NC right up until the late season, and the utter domination of Ole Miss, LSU, and to some extent Texas (although that one isn't nearly as impressive) needs to make Alabama, MSU, Missouri, Auburn, and Texas A&M count their blessings last year.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

DezNuttstehsuq

If you want to make a ton of money this year, bet against the team that played Arkansas the previous week....they WILL be beat down and lethargic

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Cinco de Hogo

Wait one cotton picking minute, that professional football ranking service called Jumbo said the SEC was overrated and Vegas has half the top ten with SEC teams.  Just as well throw that poll out with the bath water, evidently Vegas doesn't know squat...or Jumbo either.

ballz2thewall

i learned many years ago

that i simply cannot bet on a hog game and expect to win. if i take the hogs, i lose.  if i take the opponent, i lose.

i cannot do it. the bias screws me to a dismal end.
The rest of the frog.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ballz2thewall on August 02, 2015, 06:23:13 pm
i learned many years ago

that i simply cannot bet on a hog game and expect to win. if i take the hogs, i lose.  if i take the opponent, i lose.

i cannot do it. the bias screws me to a dismal end.
They say you should never bet on teams that you have a vested or rooting interest in.

theFlyingHog

navyhog24

I still disagree about LSU being that good. Their QB situation is still a trainwreck as it always has been. Ole Miss is still being overrated as well.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 02, 2015, 06:44:26 pm
I still disagree about LSU being that good. Their QB situation is still a trainwreck as it always has been. Ole Miss is still being overrated as well.
Since this is based on Vegas lines, you could always put your money down if you feel that strongly about it.

HognitiveDissonance

You could also make a pro versus con argument that being 0-7 in one possession games indicates a problem. Does the staff make good calls at the right time? Is the kicking game sound, because without fail at least two games per year comes down to kicking. (missed extra point vs Bama, anyone? Missed opportunity to ice the A&M game with a FG, anyone?)

I say this every year, but I pay more attention to who the FG kicker will be than almost anything else. Why aren't more people talking about this? Put Hocker on this team and I'm comfortable saying this is a Top 20 team. But Hocker isn't on this team, so this is still an unknown.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 02, 2015, 06:27:57 pm
They say you should never bet on teams that you have a vested or rooting interest in.
Well, you know you can't always go by what "they" say.  Unless, of course, "they" refers to EVERY person who knows ANYTHING about sports betting, and since EVERY person who knows ANYTHING about betting on sports would say this, I'd go ahead and heed that advice, ballz.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

razCzar

jbcarol

Converted Golden Nugget betting lines into preseason rankings

4. Bama
6. Arkansas
7. UGa
8. LSU
10. Auburn
12. Ole Miss
14. Tennessee
18. Mizzou
21. A&M
25. MS State
40. Florida
41. South Carolina
51. Kentucky
54. Vandy

bigdaddyhawg

1. Bama -- still have got a tons of talent, and they've still got Nick Saban to coach em.
2. UGa -- I think they've got a chance to break through.  Finally.  But I've thought this before.
3. Tie -- Ole Miss -- still lots of talent, especially good on defense
            Auburn -- talented, and Gus running his offense; Muschamp over-rated
            Arkansas -- could end up better than this, could end up worse
4. Mizzou -- don't understand why folks keeping ignoring the quality teams they keep fielding
5. Tie -- Tennessee -- believe they'll take a step up, but not a big step
         -- LSU -- still, tons of talent
6. Tie -- MSU -- think they'll still be a good team, but hard for good teams to win a lot in the SEC
         -- Florida -- lots of talent left by the cheerleader, and with good coaching now
         -- TAMU -- good talent, good coaching, but holes
7. South Carolina
8. Kentucky
9. Vandy
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jbcarol

Chris Low@ClowESPN

How low are the expectations for this Florida football team? Gators got 2 votes in coaches' poll. Marshall, La. Tech and Air Force got more.

Gators may well struggle in Jim McElwain's first season, but they're good enough on defense that they're going to be in most games.

bellavistamike

In a poll from Yahoo Sports, a top 20 poll from Las Vegas oddsmakers has the Hogs ranked #6.

Details:
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Las-Vegas-top-25-college-teams-differs-from-coaches-poll-38522206

pigture perfect

That is cool, but I don't think realistic. But if Vegas is putting their money on it. I'm proud.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dr. Starcs

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 03, 2015, 02:20:19 am
Well, you know you can't always go by what "they" say.  Unless, of course, "they" refers to EVERY person who knows ANYTHING about sports betting, and since EVERY person who knows ANYTHING about betting on sports would say this, I'd go ahead and heed that advice, ballz.
No need to get worked up over it, dude.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on August 01, 2015, 08:38:15 am
Games scheduled against the Coaches Preseason Top 30

Ohio State*  2
Bama**       9

* Ohio State plays VaTech
** Bama matches Ohio State in number of games against the B1G Top 30.         

THIS is why osu is ranked #1.......... 8)

jbcarol

BOZICH | Explaining my pre-season college football Top 25 ballot

Quote3. Alabama

Fun Fact: According to 247 Sports, the Crimson Tide signed the nation's best recruiting class for the fifth straight season.

Remember the Name: Madison Southern star Damien Harris expected to get into the mix at running back. He'd better. He could have played immediately for Kentucky.

7. Georgia

Why the Bulldogs: Georgia has talent. Speed. Experience. And the best halfback in the nation in Nick Chubb.

Why NOT the Bulldogs: Georgia always has talent and usually finds a way to lose a game the Bulldogs are not supposed to lose...

8. Auburn

Why the Tigers: Gus Malzahn made a brilliant move by recruiting former Georgia coach Will Muschamp to fix his defense.

Schedule, friend or foe: FOE – season opener with Louisville and SEC road trips include LSU, Arkansas and Texas A&M.

12. Louisiana State

Why the Tigers: If Nick Chubb falters at Georgia, LSU halfback Leonard Fournette is ready to strike a Heisman pose in Baton Rouge.

Why NOT the Tigers: In case you have forgotten, the Tigers have quarterback issues and lost five games last season.

Fun Fact: Les Miles turned to former Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron to fix the Tigers' recruiting.

15. Ole Miss

Fun Fact: The Rebels have not celebrated a winning record on the road since 2008.

Remember the Name: Junior college transfer Chad Kelly, the nephew of Bills' star Jim Kelly, arrives to play quarterback – with a powerful arm and the reputation of a troublemaker.

18. Arkansas

Why the Razorbacks: The Hogs outscored LSU, Ole Miss and Texas 78-7 to win three of their last four games.

Remember the Name: Defensive tackle Jeremiah Ledbetter was considered one of the best junior-college linemen in the nation.

Schedule, friend or foe: FOE

jbcarol

SDS power rankings

QuoteFighting for bowl eligibility

14. Vanderbilt Commodores
13. Kentucky Wildcats
12. Florida Gators
11. South Carolina Gamecocks

Not quite there

10. Mississippi State Bulldogs
9. Texas A&M Aggies

Divisional dark hosses

8. Tennessee Volunteers
7. Mizzou Tigers
6. LSU Tigers
5. Arkansas Razorbacks
4. Ole Miss Rebels

College Football Playoff Treats

3. Georgia Bulldogs
2. Auburn Tigers
1. Alabama Crimson Tide

jbcarol

Jim Kleinpeter ‏@JimKleinpeter 3h3 hours ago

#LSU 2015 opponents preview | 5 questions for #Arkansas @lsufball, @hogville, @tigerdroppings http://s.nola.com/colgaVP  via @nolanews

Interview with Bob Holt