Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Football Roster Management 2014-15 Edition

Started by jbcarol, January 23, 2014, 11:41:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on March 04, 2015, 07:16:08 am
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  16 hours ago

Auburn linebacker Anthony Swain, punter Jimmy Hutchinson leave team http://ow.ly/JTowE

As they like to say down here,"processed".......... 8)

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com @Gator_sports  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Players talk transfer with McElwain http://bit.ly/1KrxYmU

QuoteJACKSONVILLE — Florida coach Jim McElwain said Tuesday night that a few players have approached him about the possibility of transferring to other schools.

"We're still kind of waiting on grades on some guys as far as to see where our roster is going to be when it's complete," McElwain said before speaking to the Jacksonville Gator Club. "A couple of guys have asked to explore their options, which I totally support if this isn't going to be the place for them.

"I'll keep the door open for them. Well see what happens moving forward, but nothing earth shattering by any stretch of the imagination."

McElwain said he would not limit transfers on what school or conference they want to go to...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Just days after being arrested for suspected theft, Elijah Daniel has been asked to leave the Auburn football program. Auburn announced the latest roster decision Saturday.

QuoteDaniel was one of three suspects in a theft investigation on campus. Daniel and two other former Auburn athletes — DeNorris James and Khalil Sellers — were the primary suspects in an on-campus theft investigation following various incidents over Auburn's spring break. Daniel was charged with four counts of theft of property and four counts of burglary. Between the eight charges, six are considered felonies.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  2m 2 minutes ago

Three Mizzou players transferring http://es.pn/1chWnAf

QuoteThree Missouri Tigers -- safety Shaun Rupert, offensive lineman Jordan Williams and defensive tackle Evan Winston -- will be transferring out of the program.

All three were reserve players for the Tigers. Winston and Williams signed in the 2012 recruiting class; Rupert signed in the 2013 class.

jbcarol

Six USC football's graduate transfers excited for second chance

QuoteMason Harris will graduate Saturday and leave South Carolina with an education in academics and sports.

Harris is one of six graduate transfers leaving the Gamecocks football team to finish their collegiate playing days elsewhere. NCAA rules allow graduates to play right away rather than sitting out a season as transferring athletes previously had to do. That rule change has led to a new reality throughout college athletics, and it's become commonplace to see athletes leaving late in their careers looking for greener pastures or just different scenery.

South Carolina has gained ... safety Isaiah Johnson, who will join the football team this fall after playing at Kansas last season...

Still, to see six outgoing players from one team is a shock to the system. Harris is being joined on the way out the door by linebacker Kaiwan Lewis, tight end Drew Owens, wide receiver K.J. Brent, linebacker Marcquis Roberts and defensive linemen Deon Green, the casualties of a disappointing 2014 season and depth chart realities.

All six of the players have gone through a re-recruitment of sorts since their plans to leave South Carolina were revealed, and all those contacted for this article said it was nothing like the first time around. As high schoolers, the players said, they were wide-eyed for all the flash of the process.

"I am not going to call it fake, but I could see all, I guess you call it, recruiting talk," Harris said.

This time?

"I could see what was real and what was the best thing for me," said Harris, who is headed to Kennesaw State after graduation.

Lewis is the highest-profile of the Gamecocks transfer list and drew the most interest from major college programs. He rebuffed much of it, though, before landing at Rutgers, two hours from his hometown of Pleasantville, N.J.

"I didn't really want to be recruited," Lewis said. "I just wanted the facts. I don't need to see that you've got six different uniforms. I'll go out there in a practice jersey if that's what we've got to play in. I wanted to finish my career and put myself in the best position to pursue a pro career at the end of the season."

Lewis, who also visited Nebraska, started 11 games and had 77 tackles and two sacks in three seasons at South Carolina.

jbcarol

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  May 13

Starting CB J.C. Jackson no longer enrolled at UF, back-up QB Skyler Mornhinweg transfers to Columbia #Gators: http://bit.ly/1cx2MXS

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  May 12

Speedy Noil back in good graces with Texas A&M http://es.pn/1Hf56Am

QuoteNoil, a rising sophomore, spent the latter part of spring practice away from the team for unspecified reasons, but Sumlin said during Tuesday's SEC Western Division coaches' teleconference that Noil will return to the team and take part in workouts and team activities once he gets back from A&M's short break from classes.

"He has done the things that we've asked him to do and satisfied those types of things that I've asked him to do," Sumlin said. "During that time he wasn't with us, but now that he's completed that, he's back with us."

JackJohnson

jbcarol

Quote from: JackJohnson on May 21, 2015, 09:32:12 am
Mizzou dismisses projected starting DE Marcus Loud

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/mizzou-dismisses-marcus-loud/

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  19h 19 hours ago

Seemed as if Loud was getting things together this spring- http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/mu_football/mu-sophomore-marcus-loud-learning-to-block-out-the-bad/article_f5865f29-8e48-5c88-8670-b1d158a9c6df.html ....

Pete Scantlebury @PeteScantlebury  ·  18h 18 hours ago

Mack Rhoades, at a KC reception, would not comment on if Marcus Loud's dismissal was a legal matter. He did say he was involved in decision.

jbcarol

Jon Hale @JonHaleTCP  ·  May

UK wide receiver Rashad Cunningham is giving up his final season of eligibility http://bit.ly/1PlTcZJ .

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  7h 7 hours ago

Auburn will have a Duke, Prince, Queen, King, President and a Countess on the roster in 2015. http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/05/4-star_michigan_transfer_picks.html ...

Also Tyler(s), Tucker(s), Lawyer, and Stanton...

jbcarol

NBC: Randy Ramsey was suspended for the final portions of spring practice this year as he looked to get his academic house in order.  It was the second time in six months that same issue had arisen.

Apparently, there won't be a third.

QuoteBret Bielema confirmed that, while it's not completely out of the question, it's highly unlikely that Ramsey will return to the Hogs this year.  The head coach also confirmed that the linebacker is still dealing with academic issues.

"Randy Ramsey is not with us right now and I don't think he'll be with us," Bielema said according to arkansasonline.com. "There are certain things that happened to him that took it out of my hands, actually.

"It's NCAA and University of Arkansas guidelines that you have to pass a certain number of hours to get where you need to be, and obviously he didn't make that."

It appears Ramsey will now be forced to go the JUCO route in order to get the academic side of the student-athlete equation straightened out.

jbcarol

Tennessee has "moved on" from suspended cornerback Michael Williams, athletic department spokesman Jason Yellin told the Knoxville News Sentinel...

QuoteWilliams was suspended indefinitely after he and former Vols linebacker A.J. Johnson were accused of raping a UT student in mid-November. They both were charged in February with aggravated rape. The trial for Johnson and Williams currently is set for Aug. 24, but Johnson has petitioned for a separate trial.

The 5-foot-11, 177-pound Williams, who was a redshirt sophomore last season, attended classes at Tennessee during the spring semester. But Williams now is listed in the university's online student directory as inactive as of May 6, and his name is no longer on the Vols' roster.

University spokesperson Karen Simsen told the News Sentinel that Williams is not enrolled for summer courses...

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 4h4 hours ago

27 Auburn newcomers enrolled in summer classes; 1 signee not yet on campus http://ow.ly/NSjLF

QuoteThe only player in the 2015 signing class not yet on campus is defensive end Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., of Edgewood Academy, according to school records.

The four-star defensive end fractured his tibia and fibula during a basketball game Jan. 20. The 6-foot-8, 250-pound prospect has played only one season of football after moving to Alabama from Nigeria.

Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp told reporters May 14 that Tega has "come off the broken leg very well."

Ohio State cornerback Jamel Dean is expected to enroll in classes at Auburn in late June. Auburn has not confirmed the enrollment of Darius James, a former offensive lineman at Texas.

NoNC4Tubs

awbern gets a lot of players from other schools.......... 8)

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 20h20 hours ago

Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on senior Brandon Williams moving from running back to cornerback this (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1smhcrd

QuoteA&M coach Kevin Sumlin on senior Brandon Williams moving from running back to cornerback this offseason and to start camp: "He can always come back and play running back, we know that. Let's see what he can do, and he's excited about it. If he can help us (on defense), and it helps him in his career, it will be a great move for both of us."

#3 RB and #14 overall player in Class o' '11.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv  3h3 hours ago
Three #LSU FB signees won't report this wknd: Brandon Martin, Jeremy Cutrer, Valentine-Okeke. Martin heading to JUCO http://bit.ly/1T26jyE

QuoteReceiver Brandon Martin, a three-star prospect from Missouri, has enrolled at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and will not play at LSU in the fall, team spokesman Michael Bonnette confirmed.

Offensive tackle Chidi Valentine-Okeke and defensive back Jeremy Cutrer are not expected to enroll this weekend with other freshmen, multiple sources confirmed.

Valentine Okeke, a five star defensive tackle who is originally from Nigeria, and Cutrer, a three-star junior college prospect from Louisiana, have not been cleared by the NCAA and won't join others in beginning summer school on Monday.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello Jun 6

Defensive back's May departure surprised Auburn assistant http://ow.ly/NY0BA

QuoteWhen Will Muschamp arrived at Auburn, transfers were expected. The Tigers subsequently experienced a mass exodus of their own in the spring as five defensive backs left the team.

The final departure, however, was the most surprising.

Senior Derrick Moncrief, who moved to Auburn's hybrid linebacker/safety position in the Outback Bowl, left the team following spring practices and a move to linebacker. He seemed out of place in Muschamp's system. His size (6-2, 221) didn't quite match what was needed at linebacker or safety. Still, the nation's one-time No. 1 junior college prospect was expected to stay with the Tigers and provide depth.

"After the exit interviews I didn't think he would leave," Auburn secondary coach Travaris Robinson said Thursday.

Moncrief watched Michigan's satellite camp from the sidelines in his hometown of Prattville on Saturday. It doesn't appear Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, however, has offered him a scholarship.

"We wish him the best," said Robinson, who played at Auburn from 1999 through 2002. "Obviously we have no animosity toward anyone. We want guys that want to be at Auburn and I said that from Day 1 when I took the job here. This is a great place. This place changed my life and I want guys who want to be here, guys who feel they can be successful here. If you feel you'll be successful here and want to be here, then you're going to have a great chance to be successful."

Moncrief was rated the nation's No. 1 safety in the country out of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College...

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio  7h7 hours ago
Redshirt freshman OT Josh Krok is transferring: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/josh-krok-is-transferring/ ...

QuoteKrok is transferring because he wants to be closer to home

Former '14 3-star out of Niles, OH.

jbcarol

QB Jacob Park's departure from Georgia now official

Quote"We've had conversations during which we discussed all the viewpoints," head coach Mark Richt said in a statement. "In the end, he feels like the opportunity for significant playing time would be better at another school. I can understand his decision, and we¹ll support him in finding a good fit at another institution."

"I want to thank Coach Richt and Georgia for the experience I've had in Athens", added Park. "I'm grateful for the opportunity but now look forward to what's next in my college career."

A native of Goose Creek, Ga., Park was a four-star recruit that spent only one season in Athens...

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 13h13 hours ago

Auburn defensive end Prince Tega Wanogho Jr. says he has been cleared by NCAA http://ow.ly/OfCJO

jbcarol

Robbie Andreu ‏@RobbieAndreu  Jun 15
The Gators project to have only six senior starters.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 58m58 minutes ago

Alabama freshman RB ruled ineligible, sophomore DB off the team. http://ow.ly/OsnQB

QuoteTwo players who participated in spring practice will not be on the Alabama roster this fall.

Freshman running back DeSherrius Flowers will not be enrolled this fall "due to a recently discovered initial ineligibility issue," according to a UA news release. He enrolled in January and participated in spring practice. Privacy laws prevent Alabama officials from further discussing the eligibility ruling.

Coach Nick Saban also announced defensive back Jonathan Cook is "no longer a member of the team." The Daphne product participated in three games as a redshirt freshman last year...

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 14s14 seconds ago

Details of Alabama DB's 'somewhat surprising' dismissal, what comes next. http://ow.ly/OsCSk

QuoteJonathan Cook, a rising sophomore on Alabama's football team, was out. By phone, Nick Saban informed the Daphne product he was dismissed from the team, Cook's mother told AL.com on Wednesday. Alabama announced his departure earlier Wednesday afternoon saying Cook was "no longer a member of the team."

Cook's mother, Melissa Cook, said her son "just had some issues outside of the field." She said it was not a legal matter, but declined to explain the specifics. The dismissal was "somewhat surprising," she said.

"It was a good school," Melissa Cook said. "They did what they're supposed to. It just didn't work out. These kids these days, they learn from their mistakes and they just have to move on."

At Alabama, Cook saw limited action. After redshirting in 2013, he played in three games without recording stats last fall. Despite graduations and departures, Cook appeared to be buried deep in the depth chart during spring practices...

From here, they are looking at a few community colleges and Melissa Cook said they'd like to see her son stay close to home. She also mentioned UAB's revived football program as a possibility they're exploring. He has three years of eligibility remaining.

Coming out of Spanish Fort High School, Cook originally committed to Nebraska in August 2012 after Alabama offered a grayshirt. A full scholarship to Alabama was offered in December of that year and Cook quickly accepted.

"This is the offer I've been waiting on my whole life," Jonathan Cook told BamaOnLine at the time. "It's a dream come true to play for Alabama."

jbcarol

AJC UGA ‏@ChipTowersAJC 3h3 hours ago

Georgia OL DeVondre Seymour gives up football http://on-ajc.com/1TxSo3t

QuoteATHENS — DeVondre Seymour won't be following in his father's footsteps after all.

Seymour, the adopted son of former UGA and NFL standout Richard Seymour, has decided to give up football just 17 days after reporting to Georgia as a transfer offensive lineman.

"DeVondre Seymour has decided to discontinue his football playing career," Georgia coach Mark Richt said of the 6-foot-6, 310-pound sophomore from Suwanee. "I met with DeVondre and he feels strongly that football is not what he wants to do. We do wish him well in whatever career he chooses to pursue."

Seymour is a graduate of North Gwinnett High School and Hinds (Miss.) Community College. He was one of four offensive linemen in the Bulldogs' class of 2015. His departure leaves Georgia with 13 linemen overall.

jbcarol

Kentucky football: Of the 25 players who were signed in 2012, there are just 10 left on the current roster.

QuoteThat was the final recruiting class for head coach Joker Phillips, who was fired at the end of the 2012 season. Rivals ranked the class No. 63 in the nation. Phillips' successor, Mark Stoops, put together the class of 2013 before coaching his first season at UK that fall.

The players who signed in 2012 would be entering either their senior seasons or their redshirt junior years.

jbcarol

Isaiah Johnson ‏@TheRealIsaiahJ Jun 19

Proud to say I got accepted by the @NCAA to play my senior year!! 😊😄😄😁😁😁. #Gamecocknation huge stress reliever man. Praise GOD!

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150413/PC20/150419758/1177/south-carolina-gets-commitment-from-kansas-transfer-isaiah-johnson

QuoteSouth Carolina bolstered its defensive backfield on Sunday with a commitment from University of Kansas senior Isaiah Johnson.

Johnson (6-1, 210) graduates from Kansas next month and will be eligible immediately as a graduate student at USC.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 15h15 hours ago

4-star defensive end reports to Auburn for classes; 28 newcomers on campus http://ow.ly/OB2Ka

QuotePrince Tega Wanogho Jr. of Edgewood Academy reported Saturday to Auburn and will begin classes Tuesday.

Wanogho was cleared June 12 by the NCAA Clearinghouse following a review of his academic records in Nigeria. Wanogho told AL.com he arrived on campus Saturday. The four-star defensive end says he has added 23 pounds to his 6-foot-8 frame and reported to campus weighing 273.

Wanogho is a newcomer in more ways than one. He played only one year of football after moving to Alabama from Nigeria in 2014. He reclassified from 2016 to the 2015 recruiting class as several SEC programs started to actively pursue the two-sport star.

Twenty-seven Auburn newcomers started attending classes during the first mini-semester in late May. Wanogho's arrival is the last among players eligible to play this upcoming fall. Ohio State signee Jamel Dean, a cornerback, is expected to arrive on campus in July but will have to sit out a season due to NCAA transfer rules.

Wanogho  is recovering from injury and his availability for the fall is up in the air. The incoming freshman fractured his tibia and fibula during a basketball game Jan. 20. He played only one season of football after moving to Alabama from Nigeria.

jbcarol

Natalie Pierre ‏@Natalie_Pierre  2h2 hours ago
Miss. State o-lineman Kent Flowers transfers to JUCO; Bulldogs' inexperienced line loses more: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/06/mississippi_state_ol_kent_flow.html ...

QuoteOffensive lineman Kent Flowers left Starkville, Mississippi for Wesson, Mississippi where he will play for Copiah-Lincoln Community College this fall, a spokesman from the junior college confirmed on Tuesday.

As a redshirt freshman, the 6-foot-5, 300-pound offensive lineman played in the first six games of the season for the Bulldogs in 2014 as part of the field goal-extra point unit and as a reserve on the Maroon and White's o-line.

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com ‏@Gator_sports 3h3 hours ago

Three Florida football freshmen not yet on campus http://bit.ly/1BPVMl0

QuoteThree incoming freshmen — tight end Camrin Knight, athlete D'Anfernee McGriff and defensive end Keivonnis Davis — have yet to arrive in Gainesville to register for the Summer B semester, which begins Monday.

McGriff has been dealing with academic issues throughout his senior season and may have to go the prep school or junior college route before officially becoming a Gator.

Knight is still awaiting a qualifying test scored (sic) and has not yet been cleared to enroll, according to a source. He took the test a few weeks ago and has not learned the result yet, according to sources.

It is uncertain why Davis has yet to show up...

jbcarol

NCAA clears incoming LSU defensive end Arden Key

QuoteOne of LSU's key additions to the Class of 2015 has been given the "all systems go" from the NCAA to join the program this season. Arden Key, a defensive end from Atlanta, has now been cleared by the NCAA and expected to join the LSU program in August...

jbcarol

Drew Champlin ‏@DrewChamplin  36m36 minutes ago
Watch Alabama kicker commit @eddypineiro1 drill a 73-yard field goal  http://ow.ly/OUlb7

https://twitter.com/eddypineiro1/status/615270031375642624
Broke my personal best record with a 73 yarder today! 🏈✊
Davie, FL

jbcarol

Brad Marquardt@bradthejag

Analyzing the official 2015 @AggieFootball roster, counted 20 300-pounders, led by 350-lb Daylon Mack #willbeonlinesoon

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman Jun 29

Brent Zwerneman retweeted Brad Marquardt

And once he puts on the Freshman 50, are we talking Texas A&M's first 400-pounder? #RunStuffer

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 6h6 hours ago College Station, TX

Jay Arnold on his 'hanging up the cleats' from Texas A&M football:
https://instagram.com/p/4pCBjzFALi/

QuoteThese past two years have been a hell of a ride. I accomplished more in the sport of football than I ever would've thought was possible. However, I always knew I couldn't play this game forever. After my most recent shoulder surgery, it was decided that the best decision for my health and future would be to hang up my cleats. I would like to thank my family, friends, and teammates for their support. I would like to thank the coaches I've had my whole life for getting me to this point. I would also like to thank the 12th man(the real one, sorry Seattle) for being the best fanbase in the nation. Most importantly, I would like to thank God for blessing me with the talents and abilities to get to this level. I am excited to see what the next chapter of life has in store for me and can't wait to see what this team has in store for next season!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/549893/jay-arnold

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 21h21 hours ago Bryan, TX

Jay @JArnoldTAMU85 is truly one of those young guys who makes you feel better about the future -- will be a success at whatever he chooses.

jbcarol

2015 'Bama signee DeSherrius Flowers to go Jones County Junior College in Mississippi

Quote"I don't think this has changed his relationship with Alabama as far as I know," Ashley Johnson said. "He loves Alabama. That's where he wanted to be. And as far as they were concerned, he was good to go obviously or they wouldn't have brought him on board in January and got him in school. As far as they were concerned, his eligibility looked great — from the coaching staff and the college itself."

As for when Flowers would return to Tuscaloosa, Johnson is unsure if it will be one year or two for Flowers at the JUCO. Johnson, though, is leaning toward it being the latter, which means Flowers wouldn't return to the Tide until the 2017 season.

Johnson's understanding is that Flowers was ruled ineligible because of a large jump in Flowers' ACT score from the previous time he took the test.

Flowers' final score was a 19 out of 36, Johnson said.

Johnson wasn't sure of Flowers' previous score.

"Not that there's any evidence of any wrongdoing, but it's just irregular, so the NCAA can then declare you ineligible as far as college athletics go," Johnson said...

A four-star member of UA's 2015 recruiting class, Flowers was rated as the No. 21 running back in the country; the No. 9 player at any position in the state of Alabama; and the No. 192 player overall by Rivals.com.  He was an early enrollee who participated in spring practice prior to the eligibility issue cropping up.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv Jul 15

#LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette has confirmed with The Advocate that DT Travonte Valentine has left the football program.

jbcarol

Chuck Rounsaville ‏@SpiritChuck Jul 16

Ole Miss frosh RB Eric Swinney has a stress fracture in his leg. Will require surgery. Probable redshirt for 2015.

jbcarol

Reserve CB David Johnson decides to transfer from Mizzou

QuoteThe annual pruning of college football rosters ahead of the start of summer camp continues unabated, with Missouri the latest team to shed some scholarship weight.

A Mizzou spokesperson confirmed to the Columbia Daily Tribune that David Johnson has decided to transfer out of Gary Pinkel's Tigers football program.  While no specific reason was given for the split, the fact that Johnson was buried third on the cornerback depth chart would be a good place to start looking for an explanation.

Because Johnson has already received his degree from Mizzou, he would be eligible to play in 2015 as a graduate transfer should he decided to continue his playing career at another FBS school.

Johnson was a three-star member of the Tigers' 2011 recruiting class who took a redshirt as a true freshman and then didn't play in 2012...

jbcarol

Times Free Press ‏@TimesFreePress 12h12 hours ago

Devaun Swafford's UT career likely over due to medical reasons: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/college/story/2015/jul/21/devaun-swaffords-ut-career-likely-over-due-medical-reasons/315773/ ...

QuoteKNOXVILLE -- Devaun Swafford's playing career at Tennessee is likely over for unspecified medical reasons, but the former walk-on may elect remain with the Volunteers football program in some capacity.

A program source confirmed multiple reports of Swafford's changed status Tuesday afternoon.

The 5-foot-11, 184-pound Swafford, out of Kingsport's Dobyns-Bennett High School, started two games at nickel cornerback as a freshman in 2013 and appeared in every game last season as a reserve safety and special-teams player.

He joined the Vols as a walk-on, but head coach Butch Jones placed him on scholarship last May...

jbcarol

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams Jul 21

UT's Joc Bruce suspended from team activities for not applying self off the field, 2 sources said. Bruce is from South Doyle

jbcarol

GoVolsXtra@GoVolsXtra

#BreakingNews GoVols247: Freshman TE Oliver leaving Tennessee http://bit.ly/1ORBpFL 

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred Jul 30

Ben Frederickson retweeted GoVolsXtra

Was in the car with Charles Mosley when Mosley was arrested for DUI

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on July 22, 2015, 04:30:56 pm
Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams Jul 21

UT's Joc Bruce suspended from team activities for not applying self off the field, 2 sources said. Bruce is from South Doyle

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred Jul 31

Joc Bruce is going to MTSU as a walk-on, but will be on scholarship in January, Clark Duncan confirmed.

jbcarol

LSU has revolving door of defensive linemen, Maquedius Bain on way out

QuoteLSU's defensive line took a bit of a hit just days before getting set to open fall camp. LSU defensive end Maquedius Bain took to Twitter Monday afternoon to announce he is leaving the Tigers...

He was one of the players recently reinstated by LSU head coach Les Miles on Friday, along with quarterback Anthony Jennings and defensive back Dwayne Thomas. Despite being reinstated, Miles suggested in a statement there would be a review for possible in-house punishment. Bain, Jennings and Thomas were all connected to an unauthorized entry incident, but the alleged victim requested for any charges to be dropped.

But there is some good news for LSU's defensive line concerns. Defensive tackle Mickey Johnson has decided to stay put at LSU after missing the spring practice season...

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 21h21 hours ago

On the blog: JUCO OL Tyler Howell won't join MU this season, as 1st reported by http://PowerMizzou.com - http://bit.ly/1K16Lp0 .

jbcarol

Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner  8h8 hours ago
We talked to Nick Fitzgerald, he said Damian Williams might redshirt this season.

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@DellengerAdv 15h15 hours ago

From @RabalaisAdv: Les Miles basically said "good riddance" to wave of #LSU players headed out door this off-season http://bit.ly/1ImFWO3

Hunter Paniagua ‏@HunterPaniagua 20h20 hours ago

The message from OL Jonah Austin, who's transferring from #LSU for his senior season

Austin eighth player who departed since January.

Miles says Bain was never reinstated to the team. He said that that's part of why he's no longer here.

Pretty clear now that Bain did not leave #LSU on his own.

jbcarol

Gabe DeArmond ‏@GabeDeArmond Aug 3

#Mizzou spokesman confirms Butler County CC OL Tyler Howell, who signed w/Tigers in February, will not be on campus this fall.

jbcarol

JCJC SID ‏@jcjc_athletics 1h1 hour ago

Former Bobcat WR JaMichael Willis is on the University of Alabama roster this fall!... http://fb.me/3b5CFTAxH

Jones County JuCo in Nacogdoches