Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA Trustees Meet, Take No Action on Long, Bielema

Started by Scott Marshall, November 09, 2017, 12:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

My understanding is that Long's contract auto-renews for 5 years July 1st of each year.  Which means that he's currently got a guarantee through June of 2022.

younghog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:11:59 pm
How many times have you been told that the board doesn't have the power to terminate Long? The U of A President and Chancellor are the only ones that have the power to do that and you have no way of knowing what the BOT discussed with the Chancellor in that Executive session. the fact that the BOT did not vote on Longs new contract when they were supposed to do so speaks volumes.

CLASSIC.. not as if I care..

Thus I stated in another thread.

--------------------------
and Yet

--
For the first hour-and-a-half, Long and UA-Fayetteville Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz sat in a nearby auditorium. Around 10:20 a.m., the two left and walked toward the room where the trustees were meeting.
--

per ARDEMGAZ

So Again I say.. "Long is not Leaving..  "

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

EastexHawg

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on November 09, 2017, 01:31:13 pm
Error - Mods, please delete!

He's got a guarantee to be paid, not to remain on the job.

Kevin

Tyler Thomason‏ 
@TyThomason
Follow
Follow @TyThomason

More
Finally got the chance to speak to multiple board members about executive session. Wouldn't go into detail about topics discussed. Jeff Long never came into room.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

younghog

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 01:40:45 pm
Tyler Thomason‏
@TyThomason
Follow
Follow @TyThomason

More
Finally got the chance to speak to multiple board members about executive session. Wouldn't go into detail about topics discussed. Jeff Long never came into room.

Reports at the location state he did go into the room.. Live updates are on ArDemGaz..

come ON MAN
GO HOGS

Kevin

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 01:51:22 pm
Reports at the location state he did go into the room.. Live updates are on ArDemGaz..

come ON MAN

this is the guy who was twitting all morning. reporter at kark.
I did not make it up. come on man
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

parallaxpig

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 01:51:22 pm

come ON MAN

Fake news strikes again.....
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Ironhawg

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 12:57:10 pm
no way long goes to auburn. their fans would burn the place down

Jeff to Auburn!  Jeff to Auburn!  (All together now!)  Jeff to Auburn!

KennyForAD

Quote from: Seebs on November 09, 2017, 01:20:00 pm
Again, you confuse those that think you are a buffoon with those that support Long.  Now get back to your whiskey barrel with the checker board on it.  I support neither Long or your ineptitude. 

Please don't rock on your bluetick's tail.

If you're from Pittsburgh, I guess that sounds like an insult.   I wish I had a whiskey barrel.  That'd be pretty cool.    Man, yuse guys need some serious lessons on threats and insults.   Pathetic.

KennyForAD

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on November 09, 2017, 01:36:58 pm
My understanding is that Long's contract auto-renews for 5 years July 1st of each year.  Which means that he's currently got a guarantee through June of 2022.

Parade, meet rain.    wth, Wiz?

hoglady

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 12:53:51 pm
no way, auburn will do whatever it takes to win. look at their history.

The only reason we even heard the phrase "we are not a win at all costs program" is because we suck and are losing football games in record time and in epic fashion.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

KennyForAD

Quote from: hoglady on November 09, 2017, 02:11:45 pm
The only reason we even heard the phrase "we are not a win at all costs program" is because we suck and are losing football games in record time and in epic fashion.

Hoglady.... I think I love you.

DeltaBoy

They Took no public action against Long or Bielema.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KennyForAD

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 09, 2017, 02:15:09 pm
They Took no public action against Long or Bielema.

Oh yes they DID.   They made it publicly known that Jeff Long is on the Hot Seat.     You can't have an AD who is on a hot seat, like a coach can be.   THIS IS OVER.    Good guys won.

younghog

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 01:53:56 pm
this is the guy who was twitting all morning. reporter at kark.
I did not make it up. come on man

its on ARDEMGAZ. How bout you tweet to him and ask him.. If JL ever entered the room..
Quote from: parallaxpig on November 09, 2017, 01:57:53 pm
Fake news strikes again.....

again.. ONLINE on ArDemGAZ

GO FIGURE.. I MEAN ~GO HOGS
GO HOGS

PorkRinds

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the FBI is running through college athletic programs like last night's Mexican food recently?

hoglady

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 02:13:53 pm
Hoglady.... I think I love you.

Well - that sure made me laugh!!
You apparently share my feelings on that subject.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

KennyForAD

Quote from: hoglady on November 09, 2017, 02:20:10 pm
Well - that sure made me laugh!!
You apparently share my feelings on that subject.

What subject?   ;)

GuvHog

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 02:18:15 pm
its on ARDEMGAZ. How bout you tweet to him and ask him.. If JL ever entered the room..
again.. ONLINE on ArDemGAZ

GO FIGURE.. I MEAN ~GO HOGS

He was in the room during the regular meeting but when they went into Executive Session, Long was asked to leave the room and the Chancellor stayed.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

younghog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 02:23:40 pm
He was in the room during the regular meeting but when they went into Executive Session, Long was asked to leave and the Chancellor stayed.

Well knocks that rock down.. As I stated everything I saw stated he was in the/a meeting.

Online updates also state
--
For the first hour-and-a-half, Long and UA-Fayetteville Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz sat in a nearby auditorium. Around 10:20 a.m., the two left and walked toward the room where the trustees were meeting.
--

~who knew

GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 02:23:40 pm
He was in the room during the regular meeting but when they went into Executive Session, Long was asked to leave and the Chancellor stayed.

Guv, my man, at least try to get it right. They all were in the general session, the BOT goes into executive session in a private room, they then call for Steinmetz to this room. Long wasn't asked to leave anywhere.

younghog

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 02:27:28 pm
Guv, my man, at least try to get it right. They all were in the general session, the BOT goes into executive session in a private room, they then call for Steinmetz to this room. Long wasn't asked to leave anywhere.

lol
GO HOGS

SPAL

Vantage 8 dude

At this point with some many claims, counter claims and rumors I'm not sure what to believe (or not). However, one thing I would think is that even if the BOT didn't specifically do anything concerning Long, one has to believe with all the emails and other correspondence that's apparently been flying along with obvious fan unrest in the newspapers, attendance at games, etc. the subject as likely broached in some way. If that's the case you can also assume that Jeff is on notice that even if he should stay there had better be something done and FAST when it comes to the football program. With the discontent boiling I can't imagine that if Long cares about his job or future here that he will allow Bret to take him down with the ship as well.

KennyForAD

What does all that matter?   They've gone PUBLIC with, "We're thinking about firing Jeff Long."

Call it the beginning of the end if you like, but this is OVER.   All anyone has to do is open his mind to the possibility that Jeff Long is a con man, and then ... he's gonna see it.   And... they've turned a light on a rat.   Long will run to the first place that will have him.

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 02:43:18 pm
What does all that matter.   They've gone PUBLIC with, "We're thinking about firing Jeff Long."

Call it the beginning of the end if you like, but this is OVER.

When did they say that?

hawgon

See, the real story here is the Steinmetz values Long's input so much that he asked him to travel down to Little Rock with him and sit outside the executive session for three hours while Steinmetz went in and answered questions TOTALLY unrelated to anything to do with Jeff Long or athletics.  I think it is wonderful insight into their close relationship where the chancellor values Long's advice on all matters and felt incapable of attending a routine BOT meeting without having Long by his side...or at least sitting by himself in the row in front of Mr. Steinmetz.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 09, 2017, 02:43:46 pm
When did they say that?

Between each line...  Is that not the gist of the story today?    They include Long's name with BB, right?   You know BB is on the chopping block, right?    So is Long.

Eddie Goodson

The Board couldn't fire Jeff Long if they wanted to. Not on their own.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

KennyForAD

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 02:44:13 pm
See, the real story here is the Steinmetz values Long's input so much that he asked him to travel down to Little Rock with him and sit outside the executive session for three hours while Steinmetz went in and answered questions TOTALLY unrelated to anything to do with Jeff Long or athletics.  I think it is wonderful insight into their close relationship where the chancellor values Long's advice on all matters and felt incapable of attending a routine BOT meeting without having Long by his side...or at least sitting by himself in the row in front of Mr. Steinmetz.

One of them wasn't wearing pants.

zerose

Quote from: HF#1 on November 09, 2017, 12:47:44 pm
Not a surprise. They aren't going to meet, decided to fire people in said meeting, then announce it to the world while we still have 3 football games to play.  Bielema may be done but it won't be announced until after Mizzou.

In my "highly credible magic crystal 8ball" (check my stats) the appearance is hazy.

For all those wanting to know something I cannot promise you much. I will make this one last post and then go into hiatus. Here is what I know in summary:

*Coach B will not be fired or let go of before the Mizzou game. 
*Jeff Long will not be employed (by us) in one year's time.
*Mid range money is more vocal now than they have been in a long time.
*Auburn likes Jeff Long
*Norvel is attractive to us... but also to others.
*You HV folks are pretty good at predicting. The wisdom of the crowd is pretty good. Perhaps it is because of inside speculation or just dumb luck, the mixture is synergistic.
*And to kind of keep you folks on your toes my final statement is you have named our next coach in various threads. He will not be someone out of left field (sorry Gruden fan boys). I would personally do back flips if we had an  African American coach, but I'm afraid (sadly) the state is not ready for it nor is the current pool big enough. The coach will be offensively minded because we tend to get better local recruits with offensive skills. The next coach does have Arkansas and Texas ties.

I'm going back to my spider hole. I'll emerge when  I'm proven right to reassure you of my validity.

Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 09, 2017, 02:48:13 pm
The Board couldn't fire Jeff Long if but they wanted to. Not on their own.  But the first switch is flipped, and the ball is rolling.

FIFY

KennyForAD

Quote from: zerose on November 09, 2017, 02:50:34 pm

In my "highly credible magic crystal 8ball" (check my stats) the appearance is hazy.

For all those wanting to know something I cannot promise you much. I will make this one last post and then go into hiatus. Here is what I know in summary:

*Auburn likes Jeff Long
*You HV folks are pretty good at predicting. The wisdom of the crowd is pretty good. Perhaps it is because of inside speculation or just dumb luck, the mixture is synergistic.
*And to kind of keep you folks on your toes my final statement is you have named our next coach in various threads. He will not be someone out of left field (sorry Gruden fan boys). I would personally do back flips if we had an  African American coach, but I'm afraid (sadly) the state is not ready for it nor is the current pool big enough. The coach will be offensively minded because we tend to get better local recruits with offensive skills. The next coach does have Arkansas and Texas ties.

I'm going back to my spider hole. I'll emerge when I'm right to reassure you of my validity.

Auburn has the worst rep in the college world for corruption in athletics.  Jeff Long is a dirty rat, but he has the false reputation as Captain Integrity.

Auburn can hire dirty rat Jeff Long, and KEEP being the dirtiest program, while APPEARING to be trying to clean up their act by hiring Captain Integrity.

REAL WORLD THINKING.

Next1_04

Tusks

*Auburn likes Jeff Long

I'm going back to my spider hole. I'll emerge when  I'm proven right to reassure you of my validity.

I like your style.

The hogs are now headed in the right direction.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 02:51:22 pm
FIFY
I said what I meant. You clearly don't understand how Boards of Education work. Unless the Chancellor recommends Long's termination, the only recourse the the Board has is to fire the Chancellor and replace with someone who will. A Board cannot, terminate, discipline, or "straighten out" any employee unless the Chancellor is the initiator.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 02:44:13 pm
See, the real story here is the Steinmetz values Long’s input so much that he asked him to travel down to Little Rock with him and sit outside the executive session for three hours while Steinmetz went in and answered questions TOTALLY unrelated to anything to do with Jeff Long or athletics.  I think it is wonderful insight into their close relationship where the chancellor values Long’s advice on all matters and felt incapable of attending a routine BOT meeting without having Long by his side...or at least sitting by himself in the row in front of Mr. Steinmetz.

Yep.  This had nothing to do with Long or the Board being concerned about athletics.  Nothing to see here, nothing at all...

Tusks

I don't see Jeff Long going to Auburn.  If people think hog fans are nuts, they don't hold a candle to Auburn fans.  Those people are bat schit crazy.

Not saying Long isn't leaving but he'd be an even more fish out of water down there than he was on the hill.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

thebignasty

*Auburn likes Jeff Long

lots of hubris, no substance

Welcome home buddy

KennyForAD

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 02:57:55 pm
I don't see Jeff Long going to Auburn.  If people think hog fans are nuts, they don't hold a candle to Auburn fans.  Those people are bat schit crazy.

Not saying Long isn't leaving but he'd be an even more fish out of water down there than he was on the hill.

Only if you believe Long's act.

Razorbackers

GuvHog

Okay, I'll go with that version. Point being, Long was not in the room during the executive session.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

KennyForAD

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 09, 2017, 02:56:21 pm
I said what I meant. You clearly don't understand how Boards of Education work. Unless the Chancellor recommends Long's termination, the only recourse the the Board has is to fire the Chancellor and replace with someone who will. A Board cannot, terminate, discipline, or "straighten out" any employee unless the Chancellor is the initiator.

I like you.  You're as straight as a shotgun barrel.  I'd trust you from here to Timbuktu.   I can spot a liar quicker than a deer can spot a headlight, and you're not one.   If you say that's how the board works, its good enough for me.  But that isn't the point.  The point is that Jeff Long's continued employment at the UofA is clearly at issue, and that's all we need to know.

KennyForAD

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 03:23:29 pm
Okay, I'll go with that version. Point being, Long was not in the room during the executive session.

Winning

BadHog

HAHAHAHA!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 03:26:46 pm
I like you.  You're as straight as a shotgun barrel.  I'd trust you from here to Timbuktu.   I can spot a liar quicker than a deer can spot a headlight, and you're not one.   If you say that's how the board works, its good enough for me.  But that isn't the point.  The point is that Jeff Long's continued employment at the UofA is clearly at issue, and that's all we need to know.
As a sitting member of a Board of Education, I have had years of training on this topic. Boards don't RUN the institution they are over. They OVERSEE it. They work exclusively through a chancellor just like we work through a superintendent. Chancellors and Superintendents RUN their institutions.

BadHog

Jeff is gone sone.
Bret is gone sooner.
Gus is coming.
Let us all rejoice.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

KennyForAD

November 09, 2017, 03:36:27 pm #99 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:57:50 pm by Jim Harris
Quote from: BadHog on November 09, 2017, 03:34:50 pm
Jeff is gone soon.
Bret is gone sooner.
Gus is coming.
Let us all rejoice.

Behind the scenes trade with Auburn:  Long for Gus?