Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New uniform thread.

Started by Hollywood870, November 30, 2017, 05:30:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Quote from: pigz on December 01, 2017, 12:28:49 pm
I liked these and the 09 with the stripe

No thank you to the coke bottle uniforms.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

old_school_hawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 01, 2017, 11:39:25 am
Can't have a uniform thread without......

I liked these, too. Had the double striped pants with them.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Ex-Trumpet

Wow, those Apex uni's were awful!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

pigz

Quote from: bennyl08 on December 01, 2017, 12:46:48 pm
No thank you to the coke bottle uniforms.

They look the best on NCAA 14
You guys have a good time frig dancing

JONAS

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 01, 2017, 12:00:44 pm
I know i'm probably in the minority, and i certainly loved the DMAC Era Uniforms, but i also loved our 2010 uniforms. Tp me they were a subtle take on the classic that works in the modern era.

I liked these just not RAZORBACKS written on the side of the pants.

Salted Pork

What is it with you old guys and these old uniforms? The unis are designed to attract 17-18 year olds, not over the hill fogies. NO ONE 17-18 wants to play in tired, dated uniforms. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.

Billy Bats

Quote from: Salted Pork on December 01, 2017, 01:47:00 pm
What is it with you old guys and these old uniforms? The unis are designed to attract 17-18 year olds, not over the hill fogies. NO ONE 17-18 wants to play in tired, dated uniforms. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.

Hallelujah, thank you. 

GringoHog

Sorry to bring them back up......but Alabama doesn't have a problem getting kids to come play in tired old unis.....
"There are Lions, Tigers and Bears ,but there ain't but one Razorback!" - HDN The Great

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: jb11 on December 01, 2017, 11:57:01 am
They look like good practice uniforms.  And I am 45.

jb, that's fine and all . . . but since you FAILED to "quote" the ones your talking about, we're left to guess which of the 15 or so displayed in this thread you are talking about!

Point of post . . . USE THE QUOTE function so people know what the hell you're talking about.

HogCard

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 01, 2017, 10:06:48 am

Make the pants white instead of silver. Trade the silver helmet for the red helmet.

cmon photoshop people,let's see it

Billy Bats

Quote from: beardedgeego on December 01, 2017, 02:09:28 pm
Sorry to bring them back up......but Alabama doesn't have a problem getting kids to come play in tired old unis.....

They win though.

The_Iceman

Another thing: why have we only worn the chrome red helmet that one time in the Liberty Bowl?

pigz

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 01, 2017, 02:35:44 pm
Another thing: why have we only worn the chrome red helmet that one time in the Liberty Bowl?

I really liked those

El Dogg Hog

I like the DMAC era uniforms but Adidas can't make a "quality" uniform. If we took those DMAC era unis and had Nike make them...those would be the best ever. Just look at how much better the 2010 unis look in terms of quality versus the 2006 era Adidas. The Adidas look like high school pickup quality.

ThisTeetsTaken

I'll take these.  Maybe the current Hog on the helmet though.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: HogCard on December 01, 2017, 02:23:55 pm
cmon photoshop people,let's see it
And don't forget to make the shoulder sleeve stripes white also.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

pigz

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 01, 2017, 02:56:56 pm

Make them a little closer to cardinal red and I'm in

Hoginsavga

Maybe winning has something to do with it, but just a guess.

pigz

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

FANONTHEHILL

December 01, 2017, 05:19:04 pm #70 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:48:39 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: factchecker on November 30, 2017, 10:06:31 pm

I was talking to my son a few days ago and was very surprised when he told me a lot of guys prefer the "old look" D-Mac era unis with the shiny helmets.  After getting over 2007 being called "old school" it was a good conversation.  I don't know if there's a change coming to the uniforms, but the 2007's are my favorite by far and I wish they would go back to them.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

JONAS

I like the ones we have if they would remove the stripe and add a hog.  Also bring back white helmets for road games.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My favorite uni by far. I wish we would go right back to it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Steelhawg

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on November 30, 2017, 06:26:40 pm
How bout no, busta Nutt.
Daddy is working.  And when you're in the main chamber. Try using the big boy voice. Ok.
"All things good or bad will come to an end. Except time."Roger Waters

JONAS

The_Iceman

The red was way too dark. Almost maroon.

The_Iceman

Quote from: JONAS on December 01, 2017, 06:59:59 pm
I like the ones we have if they would remove the stripe and add a hog.  Also bring back white helmets for road games.

Those are pretty sharp.

Freebrd

Do not care for the white helmets.  Makes the players look like "bobble heads" on the field!

hogsmash12

Amen.  That looks like the Hogs right there.

hawaiianhogster

I like the stripes on the pants better than the husks we have now.

HogFoo

my fav. uni's are probably those of the Dmac years.. or Matt Jones years.. either of those would be my fav.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

axharbor

Amen!

axharbor

2010 unis were my favorites...  I think they're going to change continuously these days though.  Seems to be the way things work anymore. Everyone has alternates, multiple helmets, etc...  No, Alabama doesn't do that but as so many point out in different threads, we aren't Alabama.

FANONTHEHILL

That's why I'm posted above about my conversation with my son.  I was shocked that the guys liked the old look classic unis.  I will say this,  they also like the anthracite once a year and the "all red" top and bottom combo vs LSU and Missouri and "all white" on the road.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Soooie21

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 01, 2017, 05:19:04 pm
I was talking to my son a few days ago and was very surprised when he told me a lot of guys prefer the "old look" D-Mac era unis with the shiny helmets.  After getting over 2007 being called "old school" it was a good conversation.  I don't know if there's a change coming to the uniforms, but the 2007's are my favorite by far and I wish they would go back to them.
This the best uni's...clean, classic look...

Snouty

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 01, 2017, 12:41:45 pm
I liked these uni's as a JJ tribute, but I'll never understand why the helmet hog was white.

And, no, don't wear them every week.

I did not care for the JJ tribute uniforms.  They don't look like Razorback uniforms, and we lost wearing them.  I'd be happy if Arkansas wore replicas of their '64 uniforms every week.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Snouty on December 02, 2017, 08:19:48 am
I did not care for the JJ tribute uniforms.  They don't look like Razorback uniforms, and we lost wearing them.  I'd be happy if Arkansas wore replicas of their '64 uniforms every week.

They weren't supposed to look like Hog uni's; they were supposed to look like red Cowboys uni's.  For the most part they did, but the Cowboys' star isn't white!  The Hog had to be red and it wasn't.  That's why we lost!

Yeah, not too many great memories with them for sure!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

pghawg1

I like any Razorback uniform just so we win in. them.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Snouty on December 02, 2017, 08:19:48 am

We lost in those too.

Steef

Never cared for red shirts w/ red pants.

Looks like pajamas to me.

rljjr

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 02, 2017, 09:04:01 am
They weren't supposed to look like Hog uni's; they were supposed to look like red Cowboys uni's.  For the most part they did, but the Cowboys' star isn't white!  The Hog had to be red and it wasn't.  That's why we lost!

Yeah, not too many great memories with them for sure!

Yeah, and while we're at it, can we move the damn Aggie game back to campus? Especially if we're losing an SEC game to LR (NOT starting darn on the GSD ... just saying it makes sense for donors and ticket buyers). Play a kickoff classic against a Texas team in Dallas if we want that exposure. Heck, Hogs vs SMU or Houston or Tech. Don't care who.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 01, 2017, 09:37:21 pm
The red was way too dark. Almost maroon.

The rain and dark skys made them look much darker than they really were - though they were slightly darker than what we normally wear.

Hoggish1

Yep. Clean with no distraction!

bjl

something old, something new.

Big Dog

I like the 64 replica uni's but add the red metallic helmet they wore in the liberty bowl!!!!!!!!!

Tusker4life

Agreed, that would be sharp. I think the constant changing of uni's kinda confuses our identity.

Pick one and stick with it. But make it cardinal and white only.

Quote from: Big Dog on December 02, 2017, 04:35:07 pm
I like the 64 replica uni's but add the red metallic helmet they wore in the liberty bowl!!!!!!!!!
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...