Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Football Signees (24)

Started by Tomhog™, February 13, 2013, 12:05:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

Thanks. I hope to see us move up with this staff.

Keyser Sooieze

10 or so left--anyone know if/who are our Florida prospects for this class?  Would like to continue seeing us having a presence there.  Olumanor (sp?) is the first recruit I recall us having from PA in a long while, if ever. 

Keyser Sooieze

all right, a little reading and looking at RDs twitter gave me one name--I didn't see a dedicated thread below, but apparently Jermaine Eluemunor is going after highly recruited LB Sharieff Rhaheed. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sharieff-Rhaheed-131191  if just we and LSU are listed as having assigned coaches to recruit the guy, does that mean we are the top two in the running?   

Huds_HawgTide

No we are not in his top five he just released...not to say it cant change
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

MRPRFCT

Quote from: Nathan "Rumplepigskin" Mattox on August 01, 2013, 10:38:30 pm
all right, a little reading and looking at RDs twitter gave me one name--I didn't see a dedicated thread below, but apparently Jermaine Eluemunor is going after highly recruited LB Sharieff Rhaheed. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sharieff-Rhaheed-131191  if just we and LSU are listed as having assigned coaches to recruit the guy, does that mean we are the top two in the running?

He continues to say we are in his top 5.

kp72204

Ran into Kweishi Brown at mall in San Diego. He was in AWE that there was a hog fan in San Diego. He was shocked cause i knew his background. Took a pic with him, his buddies took one too.

ARtillahog

August 06, 2013, 08:07:21 am #56 Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:16:27 pm by ARtillahog
Quote from: kp72204 on August 03, 2013, 12:17:27 am
Ran into Kweishi Brown at mall in San Diego. He was in AWE that there was a hog fan in San Diego. He was shocked cause i knew his background. Took a pic with him, his buddies took one too.

He retweeted that picture too while talking about being impressed that a fan knew that much about him.

PEtrader

Quote from: kp72204 on August 03, 2013, 12:17:27 am

Razorback Nation,  nice.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

r3wt

this class is loaded with good players already. i love it

oinkman88

I want to learn more about that QB.  He's decent size, I hope he has a lazer rocket arm.

outlawhogeywells

per RD Pierce has committed to us.....WPS

ZERO

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 02, 2013, 10:54:48 pm
Florida, FSU, and Georgia all offered Ravian. That is a pretty big time pickup regardless of number of stars.

If anyone is stargazing on the guy, 247 and Rivals have him as a solid 3*, but Scout lists him as 4*. So, that's another 4* pickup. It also happens to be by the service that's harshest on us.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

razorsharptusk

Wow, look at the grabs from La. and Florida. 26th in national rank according to Rivals.  This is the 5th recruit from Florida since Coach B. arrived.  Talent going up!!
GO HOGS!!

ZERO

Tom, if you're interested in updating, I just looked up some of our lower rated recruits out of curiosity. They've been re-evaluated since committing to us.

Dwayne Eugene, Jared Cornelius, Khalia Hackett, Corey McBride, and Torrance Mosley were all moved up to 3* by both Rivals and Scout. Henre' Toliver was moved up to 3* by Rivals.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Tomhog™

Quote from: ZERO on October 04, 2013, 12:00:21 pm
Tom, if you're interested in updating, I just looked up some of our lower rated recruits out of curiosity. They've been re-evaluated since committing to us.

Dwayne Eugene, Jared Cornelius, Khalia Hackett, Corey McBride, and Torrance Mosley were all moved up to 3* by both Rivals and Scout. Henre' Toliver was moved up to 3* by Rivals.

Some of the best Arkansas class-as-a-whole ratings I've seen by Scout.  All but one NR and 2* moved up to 3*.  Usually we have a handful of Scout 2* signees.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 08, 2013, 07:41:05 am
Some of the best Arkansas class-as-a-whole ratings I've seen by Scout.  All but one NR and 2* moved up to 3*.  Usually we have a handful of Scout 2* signees.
Thanks for updating, that looks much better.

The_Iceman

In Toliver coming in as a corner or safety? He sure has good size and looks good on film.

jmscoggins

Anybody know if the Hogs are showing much interest in Madre London, RB 2014 out of Florida by way of Little Rock?

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: jmscoggins on October 11, 2013, 06:47:38 pm
Anybody know if the Hogs are showing much interest in Madre London, RB 2014 out of Florida by way of Little Rock?
Don't know, but he doesn't list Arkansas among his favorites.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Madre-London-120538;_ylt=Aj8mUl5T3LR3ZOZKWAYqcR34q5B4

Tim Harris

Quote from: jmscoggins on October 11, 2013, 06:47:38 pm

It has been minimal up to this point. Him and Day are very similar so they seem to be going for a different type of back if they take a 2nd one.

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 10, 2013, 01:38:20 pm
In Toliver coming in as a corner or safety? He sure has good size and looks good on film.

From everything I've seen we are taking him as a CB.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog_Swanson

How many recruits can we have per year?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on October 16, 2013, 10:24:53 am
How many recruits can we have per year?
We are allowed 25 scholarships a year i believe, and I think if you do not use them they carry over?? Someone correct me if i am wrong

Tomhog™

Added Jake Hall, removed OT Jermaine Eluemunor 97  NR    4*      4*      6'6", 300      Scranton, PA.

Jermaine is going to be a painful loss for the Hogs.

tex_hogfan

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on October 16, 2013, 04:37:31 pm
We are allowed 25 scholarships a year i believe, and I think if you do not use them they carry over?? Someone correct me if i am wrong

25 per recruiting class with a total not to exceed 85. Roster is limited to 105 that report to camp and a bump to 120 at the start of classes.

DeltaBoy

Looking good ! Great group of Football Players.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

razorsharptusk

What is your guy's opinion on the recruits we are seeing for the defensive side of the ball? Are we getting some guys that could play right away?
GO HOGS!!

Tomhog™

Sometimes getting a 3* is exciting like this latest commitment.  What makes it exciting is the dire need we have for DBs and the other is an offer from LSU.  A top-notch defense evaluated him as good enough for their 85 roster. That evaluation carries more weight than any recruiting service.

Darius Philon was a 3* in the class of 2012 with offers to 'Bama and 'Burn. In only his second year he is getting mentioned as one of Arkansas' best defenders and rightly so.  He is a machine. 

Hopefully Santos will be able to make similar waves in a couple of years.

DeltaBoy

trashcan maN

Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 12, 2013, 12:15:52 pm
Sometimes getting a 3* is exciting like this latest commitment.  What makes it exciting is the dire need we have for DBs and the other is an offer from LSU.  A top-notch defense evaluated him as good enough for their 85 roster. That evaluation carries more weight than any recruiting service.

Darius Philon was a 3* in the class of 2012 with offers to 'Bama and 'Burn. In only his second year he is getting mentioned as one of Arkansas' best defenders and rightly so.  He is a machine. 

Hopefully Santos will be able to make similar waves in a couple of years.

Agree.

Ramirez, Pierce and Pruitt are all rated 88 on 247, one point shy of a 4* ranking.

ZERO

Ramirez was updated to 3* from Scout, for anyone interested.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 12, 2013, 10:42:38 am
Santos Ramirez - DB

Just watched his video. I like his size and demeanor on the field. Wondering if he would see early playing time as a freshman? I can't wait to see him on the field.

Torrance Mosley with his 4.42 speed may actually be able to return some kicks.

Tim Harris

Quote from: bigrod155 on November 24, 2013, 09:37:57 am
Just watched his video. I like his size and demeanor on the field. Wondering if he would see early playing time as a freshman? I can't wait to see him on the field.

Torrance Mosley with his 4.42 speed may actually be able to return some kicks.

At least one of our CBs will play next year. Murphy will have a head start on the other 2 though since he will go through spring practice but it wouldn't surprise me to see any/all of them play.

DeltaBoy

ZERO

December 05, 2013, 03:26:47 am #93 Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:27:47 am by ZERO
Ramirez upgraded to 3* by Scout.

Edit: Just realized I already looked this up and posted it, haha. I'm an idiot. -1.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: ZERO on December 05, 2013, 03:26:47 am
Ramirez upgraded to 3* by Scout.

Edit: Just realized I already looked this up and posted it, haha. I'm an idiot. -1.
+1 for being able to laugh at yourself!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I don't follow recruiting much so help me out here.  Is Arkansas now officially dead last in recruiting rankings for sec teams 2014?  I mean I know there is still a long way to signing day.  Also heard that freaking Kentucky was in the top 15 nationally! 

Are these things true.
Let's make some waves.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 15, 2013, 11:19:20 am
I don't follow recruiting much so help me out here.  Is Arkansas now officially dead last in recruiting rankings for sec teams 2014?  I mean I know there is still a long way to signing day.  Also heard that freaking Kentucky was in the top 15 nationally! 

Are these things true.
Kentucky already has 23 or 24 commits. They will be around 25 once signing day comes around.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on December 15, 2013, 11:29:02 am
Kentucky already has 23 or 24 commits. They will be around 25 once signing day comes around.

Ahh gotcha so their class is almost finished
Let's make some waves.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bobcat ball

WOO PIG