Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 05:55:39 am

tablet advice

Started by Michaelt, January 07, 2015, 04:38:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelt

Ok Techies...I need some suggestions.

I'm looking at jumping into the world of tablets, and have narrowed it down to the iPad Air, or the Microsoft Surface Pro2 or Pro3 tablets.

I won't be playing a lot of app games, mainly will utilize the tablet for bible studies, power point presentations (if applicable), and some files of music to use instead of printing paper copies every week for church.

I like the micro SD card and USB capabilities of the Microsoft tablet, and that it runs Windows...So, what would you guys suggest?

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Ragnar Hogbrok

This tablet has never failed.....  ;D

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Michaelt

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Doug

Before I bought my newest laptop (a touch screen), I was weighing my options between the Surface Pro and iPad Air.... I was leaning towards the Surface Pro.

I still have my iPad1, which I'll be getting that swapped out in a few months.... realistically, go with the iPad.

I would also recommend a refurbished one (I actually had to get my brand new iPad swapped out with a different one back in 2011, due to poor power issues. They gave me a refurbished one... wasn't happy then, however, what I failed to remember is that quite often the refurbished systems are better than new ones, in many cases.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

I've had my iPad for nearly four years now... yes, the refurbished iPad 1. My only complaint is that it doesn't (nee: can't) support the newer operating systems.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DeltaBoy

My wife loves her Apple I-pad cause it runs all her School bases software.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.