Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 11, 2024, 06:22:33 pm

Ticket monster

Started by fanofthehog, October 04, 2014, 11:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fanofthehog

Just a heads up guys - I know hogville supports these guys, but some of their practices are strange.  I ordered tickets for the ole miss game, they charged my card, then they contact me days later to say that I need to take pics of my driver's license and credit card and send it to them.  I sent the pics (with all but the last 4 numbers covered up) and I still haven't reveived my tickets. How is it legal that they can take my money but not send the tickets.  If they were concerned about fraudulent activity, shouldn't they have decided that before they took my money?

TheGreatHogsby

That is strange. I've never heard of this site before. The only safe secondary market sites I trust are Stubhub and T Razorgator.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: fanofthehog on October 04, 2014, 11:27:39 pm
Just a heads up guys - I know hogville supports these guys, but some of their practices are strange.  I ordered tickets for the ole miss game, they charged my card, then they contact me days later to say that I need to take pics of my driver's license and credit card and send it to them.  I sent the pics (with all but the last 4 numbers covered up) and I still haven't reveived my tickets. How is it legal that they can take my money but not send the tickets.  If they were concerned about fraudulent activity, shouldn't they have decided that before they took my money?

NEVER EVER send anything but your credit card number. NO pictures or anything else! Sounds like you've been scammed.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Lanny

That doesn't sound right.  Are you certain you used the link provided in the ticket forum?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Qadi999

No company is going to ask to see that much info.

fanofthehog

Quote from: Lanny on October 05, 2014, 08:03:02 am
That doesn't sound right.  Are you certain you used the link provided in the ticket forum?
I'm absolutely certain.  They called me about a week after the transaction processed.  I was told that they were following their internal fraud policies.  I can PM you the emails if you'd like.

Lanny

Al Bundy

SemperFi

Call your Credit Card Company immediately and report fraud. Close that account number and ask for a new account number. They'll overnight new cards to you. There is no way that they would require you to provide pictures of your license or cc. Also, because you provided a copy of your license you should seek to gain a new DL with a new DL number. You may also contact the Arkansas Attorney Generals office or assistance.

Sorry this happened to you, but you should never provide pictures of your cc or DL to anyone.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Doug

October 05, 2014, 09:43:14 am #8 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:02:36 am by Doug
Quote from: TheGreatHogsbyThat is strange. I've never heard of this site before. The only safe secondary market sites I trust are Stubhub and T Razorgator.
They're a legit site. I've even recommended them previously.

Quote from: InhogswetrustNEVER EVER send anything but your credit card number. NO pictures or anything else! Sounds like you've been scammed.
Quote from: Qadi999No company is going to ask to see that much info.
You are both incorrect here. As someone that has handled anti-fraud reviews for online orders for nearly 10 years, I can guarantee there is a LEGITIMATE need for requesting ID information. You would be shocked at the amount of fraud that comes in and the insane steps online retailers have to take to protect themselves and customers.

What I did tell customers, though, is to mask out the last four of the CC and the first half of their DL/ID number. Once we completed the anti-fraud review, we forcibly removed these images from the system. Not all orders required an in-depth review... there are certain patterns that many companies look at when reviewing an order. Long story short: When in doubt, protect yourself.

What many of you may not realize is that retailers get triple penalized when a legit order was later discovered to be fraudulent:
Retailer loses the money for that transaction (including fees);
Retailer loses the merchandize for that transaction;
A "black mark" is issued for allowing the fraudulent order to go through.

Too many black marks on a retailer by their CC processor could result in a termination of agreement, a "withholding" penalty (I've heard of one company that had to "maintain" a $15,000 "bank" on file with their CC processor, which wasn't released to that company until 60 days later), all the way through even more restrictive acceptance policies.

There is a lot more going on than most of you realize when it comes to anti-fraud protection. You have to work in that segment in order to realize just how rampant online fraud is and what it takes to combat it.

For the record, out of literally 7500+ orders that I reviewed over that time, less than 40 orders I reviewed ended up being fraudulent after the fact (one half of 1 percent - insane success rate for an online retailer anti-fraud review process).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Ragnar Hogbrok

At a minimum, if someone calls you, end the call and call them back on a phone number provided on the company Web site or literature. This way you'll know that you're talking to a legit representative of the company.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: The Chief on October 05, 2014, 09:48:43 am
At a minimum, if someone calls you, end the call and call them back on a phone number provided on the company Web site or literature. This way you'll know that you're talking to a legit representative of the company.

Yup.... super shady

TexHog188

I ordered tickets to the Nichols game from them and it took 7 days to get my tickets. When I say get my tickets, I mean they sent me a link to print them.  That was after 3 separate phone calls to speak with them.   I've use Stubhub and Ticketmaster at least 20 times and I always print the tickets immediately following the transaction on my card.  I won't likely ever use (Ticket Monster) again, and I can't give them a favorable recommendation based on my one experience.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

twistitup

Quote from: TexHog188 on October 05, 2014, 03:48:37 pm
I ordered tickets to the Nichols game from them and it took 7 days to get my tickets. When I say get my tickets, I mean they sent me a link to print them.  That was after 3 separate phone calls to speak with them.   I've use Stubhub and Ticketmaster at least 20 times and I always print the tickets immediately following the transaction on my card.  I won't likely ever use (Ticket Monster) again, and I can't give them a favorable recommendation based on my one experience.

At the very least, they don't sound very efficient...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

davidharwood

It seems like there were quite a few negative experiences with Ticketmonster by folks on Hogville. My negative experience left my brother-in-law going to the game alone, while my wife and I have to stay home and watch on TV. With police prohibition of buying tickets "near" the stadium, and websites unable to deliver on tickets they have sold, I guess the fans will have to stop making last minute plans to go to the game. And why do individual fans have to buy RF memberships? I didn't realize that was a prerequisite to buying tickets
I'm getting too old for all this confusion.
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

Lanny

No problems here, I bought six from ticket monster for the Bama game

Al Bundy