Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somebody interpret please

Started by Snout team, December 11, 2017, 10:53:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

PorkRinds

"Offensive recruiting is taking off. We need some guys on defense too."

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 10:55:10 am
“Offensive recruiting is taking off. We need some guys on defense too.”

Sounded pretty critical of the new staff, IMO.

Also, his dad recently sent out a critical tweet about us hiring a coach that doesn't care about defense.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Kameron transfer, honestly.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 10:57:37 am

Also, his dad recently sent out a critical tweet about us hiring a coach that doesn't care about defense.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Kameron transfer, honestly.

Yep. It sucks but it is what it is.

The Hawg Marshal

I think he is just stating the obvious. We need some stud defenders to go along with all these receivers. jmo

scooby21322

Overreaction.

The Boar War

He committed when we had one of the worst defenses in our history.  I doubt he's going to leave before giving the new guy a chance.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

aaronpjones21

Honestly couldn't really tell that the previous staff cared about defense either.

hvsupastar

Isn't Bishop a DB or are we looking at him at WR?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

BigSexyHog

Oh my God the sky is falling....

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jackflash

Just got Bishop to commit I said he concerned about defense. Wouldn't hurt to name some defensive coaches

colbs

His dad has seems to like the new staff,  he has Retweeted a lot of what they have posted.  I think it's way too early to say he will transfer.  Now if he don't like the new defensive staff then maybe.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 11:08:50 am
I'm not overreacting.  I'm barely even reacting.
I have to agree with the other poster.  Assuming that Curl will transfer based on that Tweet of his is a huge overreaction.

Wildhog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 11, 2017, 11:30:37 am
I have to agree with the other poster.  Assuming that Curl will transfer based on that Tweet of his is a huge overreaction.

I'm not assuming anything.  Just said it wouldn't surprise me.  Good lord.
1909/1964/1965/1977

rude1

I guess his dad missed last season or he would have noticed that if defense was cared about, it most certainly got left in the locker room every game.

Smashmouth2004

One thing everyone needs to realize a good offense that can move the ball also helps the defense. We also don't have a DC yet so it would be unfair to recruit defensive players without a defensive staff yet although Morris did offer in state DT and got Bishop to flip. Curl will be a very good player by the time he leaves Ark but him and his dad don't need to emulate the Ball family out west!

farmhawg

We don't need his attitude if that is the case.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Sow Lancelot

Yep, so many college programs thrive by not caring about defense.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ChicoHog

Quote from: farmhawg on December 11, 2017, 11:39:28 am
I agree.  I like him as a player but to tweet that out not only is a shot at the coaching staff but also shows his ignorance of a college education.  "We ain't recruiting no defense" sounds like it was spoken by a third grader, not a freshman in college.  Grow up.  Hope coaches or parents at least say something to him. 

rljjr

Stop. Just stop. If anyone is allowed to be frustrated it is the players on the team. All of this over-reaction or speculating based on a tweet doesn't help anything.

Bubba's Bruisers

Me bets we get a DC to Kurl's liking.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Hawg Marshal

I would hope that a defensive player would be concerned about the defense.

Pig in the Pokey

not at all. Just look on twitter, he's down for the cause.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! Â¥420Â¥   Â«roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Nosboar Accubond

Novel idea.... might we be waiting on the DC to throw out defensive offers?

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 01:01:55 pm
not at all. Just look on twitter, he's down for the cause.

I'm not saying he's going anywhere.  There've just been a couple of tweets that stood out to me.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 01:03:39 pm
I'm not saying he's going anywhere.  There've just been a couple of tweets that stood out to me.
i was tweeting with them dudes last night for a few hours and curl seems all hog to me, reaching out to other recruits, etc. this tweet came a few minutes before word came out about Bishop.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! Â¥420Â¥   Â«roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 01:13:16 pm
i was tweeting with them dudes last night for a few hours and curl seems all hog to me, reaching out to other recruits, etc. this tweet came a few minutes before word came out about Bishop.

I think Curl's going to be a good one, so I hope all is well. 

Fact is, though, there is nearly always roster turnover when there's a coaching change, so it's something to keep an eye out for.
1909/1964/1965/1977

AirWarren

AlmaHog2011

I kind of agree..I bet he will be fine when the new DC is hired. If by now the kid doesn't want to play for the Hogs then so be it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 01:15:07 pm
I think Curl's going to be a good one, so I hope all is well. 

Fact is, though, there is nearly always roster turnover when there's a coaching change, so it's something to keep an eye out for.
thats true. it just doesnt need to be starters!

LA Football fan

It is probably a reaction you could have expected with all the media attention focused on Morris's offensive prowess and the offense he runs.  Right now he has mostly offensive coaches on staff.  Once he starts putting his defensive staff in place, you will see more offers going out to defensive players I imagine.  You definitely want your defensive coaches having input in who you are offering and why.

I think Curl needs to be moved back to safety anyway.  Just don't think he has the speed to defend the elite WRs he faces in the SEC playing corner.  Saw way too many run right past him.  He either has to get a ton better on jamming receivers or he is going to have to get faster.  Getting faster is probably not going to happen at this point so getting stronger in his upper body and developing better technique is where he needs to focus his efforts.  Love his toughness and motor playing at corner though.  We don't need to lose him for sure.  One of the better dbs we have recruited in a long time along with Calloway.  Pulley being back next year will help too.  Getting Bishop to commit will add more speed to our secondary than we have had in a long time.  This secondary could be one of our better ones we have ever had the next couple years if their speed can translate to on field performance.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rljjr on December 11, 2017, 12:37:00 pm
Stop. Just stop. If anyone is allowed to be frustrated it is the players on the team. All of this over-reaction or speculating based on a tweet doesn't help anything.
So you are in charge of what someone can post? He said if that is the case nothing that bad. Maybe they shouldn't tweet if they don't like the reaction.

HawgTide

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 11, 2017, 11:08:00 am
I think he is just stating the obvious. We need some stud defenders to go along with all these receivers. jmo

Exactly. Much ado about nothing

PorkRinds

I think people are misinterpreting "dumb". He doesn't literally mean dumb. He's saying it's so good that it's unbelievable. It's like calling something sick.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2017, 02:23:59 pm
I think people are misinterpreting "dumb". He doesn't literally mean dumb. He's saying it's so good that it's unbelievable. It's like calling something sick.
of course they are.  ;D

Captain Hogthrob

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oklahawg

If I was anxious to know who would be my position coach, and really felt that Paul Rhoads taught me well as a true frosh, I'd be getting antsy as well.

I think this is a bunch of stress over nothing.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Captain Hogthrob

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 11, 2017, 12:33:21 pm
I agree.  I like him as a player but to tweet that out not only is a shot at the coaching staff but also shows his ignorance of a college education.  "We ain't recruiting no defense" sounds like it was spoken by a third grader, not a freshman in college.  Grow up.  Hope coaches or parents at least say something to him. 

I almost fell for it until I realized you were being sarcastic. Be like,"twitter has rules for grammar and punctuation" . That's funny right there.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

PorkRinds

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on December 11, 2017, 02:54:00 pm
I almost fell for it until I realized you were being sarcastic. Be like,"twitter has rules for grammar and punctuation" . That's funny right there.

I don't think he was unfortunately.

Hogtimes

Quote from: colbs on December 11, 2017, 11:21:07 am
His dad has seems to like the new staff,  he has Retweeted a lot of what they have posted.  I think it's way too early to say he will transfer.  Now if he don't like the new defensive staff then maybe.

Seems to like the new staff....now if he don't like the new defensive staff?

Piggfoot

He's a kid and is over-reacting like most here on Hogville. The only coaches on staff are offensive. When the defensive coaches are installed things will change.
It's an all about me world. We commited a 4* CB last night.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hogtimes

December 11, 2017, 03:26:30 pm #43 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:53:15 pm by Hogtimes

When you see these type of comments made by players or their Dads, it is often an indication of something more involved.    I think Curl signed with us because of Coach Rhodes,  now that Rhodes is gone it would not surprise me to see him to transfer.   They were probably led to believe Rhodes and the staff would be around for awhile. So you can't blame them for being concerned. 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Wildhog on December 11, 2017, 01:03:39 pm

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on you wild.....you know opinions are not allowed on Hogville!

JEEEZ!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 11, 2017, 03:26:30 pm
When you see these type of comments made by players or their Dads, it is often an indication of something more involved.    I think Curl signed with us because of Coach Rhodes,  now that Rhodes is gone it would not surprise me to see him to transfer.   They were probably led to believe Rhodes and the staff would be around for awhile. So you can't blame them for being concerned. 
It's fine to be concerned, just don't broadcast out to everyone via social media.  Talk to your parents, coaches, confidants, etc., 

Hogtimes

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 11, 2017, 06:59:42 pm
It's fine to be concerned, just don't broadcast out to everyone via social media.  Talk to your parents, coaches, confidants, etc., 

I agree.  Should have worded my post better. Someone above said we do not need that kind of attitude.

Hogindasticks