Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Big Recruit for CM

Started by Captain Hogthrob, December 08, 2017, 02:10:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Hogthrob

Who do you folk who keep up with recruiting think will be to CCM what CJ Spiller was to Dabo at Clemson? The icebreaker if you will.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

HogHomer

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on December 08, 2017, 02:10:54 pm
Who do you folk who keep up with recruiting think will be to CCM what CJ Spiller was to Dabo at Clemson? The icebreaker if you will.
Might be Noland or GB this year depending how their careers play out if both come here. However Burks commitment might be critical to getting CCM tenure here kick started. Think Tajh Boyd with Sammy Watkins.

Defensively if he truly hires a top DC I could see maybe a splash commit on defense (safety, linebacker?) But we might have to wait till next recruiting cycle for impact recruits on defense.

The real Hogules

On offense it's Bohanon (sp?) and on defense it'll be Bumper Pool!
And his biggest and best get needs to be a can't miss, top recruiter, big name DC.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Nipsey Mussle

Good answers, I'm also interested in who among our current players rises up with Morris at the helm. Hammonds, Hayden..?

HogCzar1

Grant Gunnell

#1 STUNNA

PorkSoda

Petrino came in and flipped Adams.  that was big time.

If Morris comes in and flips Bohanon, then its big time as well.

Morris needs to land if future QB this season if at all possible.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

snoblind

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 08, 2017, 06:12:33 pm

Adams and Tyler Wilson were Arkansas guys.  Is there anyone on the board similar?

presidenthog

This class is not the true foundation class. Next year's class with gunnell, Burks, Williams, Henry, and that O linemen in state is the true foundation class

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: presidenthog on December 08, 2017, 07:20:51 pm
This class is not the true foundation class. Next year's class with gunnell, Burks, Williams, Henry, and that O linemen in state is the true foundation class

That's means CM needs to get it in the left lane THIS year.

HogCzar1

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 09, 2017, 09:52:55 am
That's means CM needs to get it in the left lane THIS year.

He is. But, I agree that next year's class will be the one to watch for.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 09, 2017, 10:32:53 am
He is. But, I agree that next year's class will be the one to watch for.

That's how you lock down next years class, have success early.

cardinalandwhite

Petrino got Wilson and Adams late. Bielema got Collins, Kirkland, and Skipper. Morris needs a couple stars this year. The question remains, "Who are they?"

I'm pulling for a pass rusher.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

HawgSZN

The previous coaches got those said early on in their careers by flipping them last minute but the previous coaches didn't have to deal with the early signing period
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

nwahogfan1

Our biggest recruit might be a DC.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 08, 2017, 06:12:33 pm

What is wrong with Noland?

searkhogfan

Quote from: HawgSZN on December 10, 2017, 01:43:30 am
The previous coaches got those said early on in their careers by flipping them last minute but the previous coaches didn’t have to deal with the early signing period

That's true.  But I think the early signing period could benefit schools like Arkansas.  Schools will be able to tell kids that are riding the fence on their commitment.  Either sign in December or we've got to look elsewhere.  And It should stop a lot of the other schools from stringing players along til the minute.. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 10, 2017, 05:38:47 am
That's true.  But I think the early signing period could benefit schools like Arkansas.  Schools will be able to tell kids that are riding the fence on their commitment.  Either sign in December or we've got to look elsewhere.  And It should stop a lot of the other schools from stringing players along til the minute..

I think we don't know what the effect will be.  HS ball is over, everyone has all the film they are gonna get, the elite have their top 25 marked down and with few exceptions they will get them(as always).  That leaves the same players for all the rest of us per usual.  In other words I don't see the early signing period making a difference for Arkansas other than we may also fill up our class earlier but not get the letters til March.   Recruiting is the only way we improve but it will have very little to do with the early signing period.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 10, 2017, 06:54:10 am
I think we don't know what the effect will be.  HS ball is over, everyone has all the film they are gonna get, the elite have their top 25 marked down and with few exceptions they will get them(as always).  That leaves the same players for all the rest of us per usual.  In other words I don't see the early signing period making a difference for Arkansas other than we may also fill up our class earlier but not get the letters til March.   Recruiting is the only way we improve but it will have very little to do with the early signing period.

Every year we have players that play the waiting game.  And schools that keep them waiting as plan B signees.  I just think some of this will stop if kids are told, "if you don't sign with us now, we're moving on".. IMO

blu

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 10, 2017, 04:48:49 am

I agree, dude just won another championship for his team. I like winners, and by all accounts he is plenty athletic. Solid 4 Star, looking forward to seeing him in CCMs system. I'd be happy to get GB's sig also, but we should be in pretty good shape at QB with or without GB.

We may already have our first big recruit.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

MushroomCloudHog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: presidenthog on December 08, 2017, 07:20:51 pm

Is Williams RW3's brother?  If so, someone tell me about him.  Don't even know what position he plays.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 10, 2017, 06:57:01 pm
Is Williams RW3's brother?  If so, someone tell me about him.  Don't even know what position he plays.

5*, No. 1 rated Safety in the country. No. 6 overall rated player in the country.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

#1 STUNNA

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 10, 2017, 07:15:41 pm
Not enough melanin for some posters.

More like he's not from east central or south Arkansas. 

LRHawg

TJ Hammonds.

Morris is going to release the beast with him.

PorkSoda

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 10, 2017, 04:48:49 am
nothing per se, but 4.9 vs 4.5 40 time is a big difference.  if we want a true dual threat, Bohanon seems to fit the bill. 

Rockhawg

First Big recruit was WR Mike Woods, who was at SMU.
I think we have a very real chance to get the Twins out of Yoakum, Tx. Josh Moore and Jordan Moore. Josh is rated # 9 recruit and Jordan is # 29 in the State of Texas. Josh is a WR/CB and Jordan is a S/RB. Also, we have a good shot at Tommy Bush, 6'5 4.47 WR. CM is a heck of a recruiter and is working hard to get the Best Talent he can get in a very short time line. WPS

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Rockhawg on December 11, 2017, 07:30:47 pm
First Big recruit was WR Mike Woods, who was at SMU.
I think we have a very real chance to get the Twins out of Yoakum, Tx. Josh Moore and Jordan Moore. Josh is rated # 9 recruit and Jordan is # 29 in the State of Texas. Josh is a WR/CB and Jordan is a S/RB. Also, we have a good shot at Tommy Bush, 6'5 4.47 WR. CM is a heck of a recruiter and is working hard to get the Best Talent he can get in a very short time line. WPS

Wouldn't consider Woods a big recruit.  Either of the Moore boys would certainly fit the bill, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Peter Porker

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 11, 2017, 06:52:44 pm
nothing per se, but 4.9 vs 4.5 40 time is a big difference.  if we want a true dual threat, Bohanon seems to fit the bill.

Bohanon doesn't run a 4.5.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

#1 STUNNA

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 08, 2017, 05:29:23 pm
Treylon Burks
here's the answer if we are comparing to deshawn watson or sammy watkins.

If he lands Tommy Bush than he is the answer already.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Peter Porker

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 12, 2017, 09:47:56 am
hes closer to a 4.5 than a 4.9

If that's the case he should have ran the 100 or 200 in track. Instead, last season he ran the 400 and was just a leg on the 4x100. However,  he did run a 13.01 in the 100m as a freshman.

hawginbigd1

Bishop was his first big recruit, Bohannon could be 2nd.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 12, 2017, 09:49:20 am
here's the answer if we are comparing to deshawn watson or sammy watkins.

If he lands Tommy Bush than he is the answer already.

Bingo.. I honestly cant believe more people arent talking abt the kid. He is our football version of Malik Monk a couple seasons ago. He is a game changer.

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

blu

Never mind, I googled him. 6-5 WR from TX.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Peter Porker

Hog Fan...DOH!

Who was the last Razorback from Greenwood that sucked?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on December 12, 2017, 11:35:14 am
Who was the last Razorback from Greenwood that sucked?
besides morgan and tyler, who has there been?

NinoHogUNIA

BIE

Peter Porker

December 12, 2017, 01:52:38 pm #44 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:08:41 pm by Peter Porker
Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on December 12, 2017, 01:06:51 pm
We going there?

Yep. We are. Noland is a dual-threat QB and is virtually the same size as Bohanon and is a more polished thrower. There's one difference between the 2.

Of course I'm not posting anything different than what you post. How's that shoe feeling on the other foot?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 12, 2017, 01:52:38 pm
Yep. We are. Noland is a dual-threat QB and is virtually the same size as Bohanon and is a more polished thrower. There's one difference between the 2.

Of course I'm not posting anything different than what you post. How's that shoe feeling on the other foot?
since you went there with it, i agree. some dont want black QBs on the Hill. That's part of why one hasnt started here in 30 years.

But, why even go there with it?

311Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 12, 2017, 02:23:27 pm
since you went there with it, i agree. some dont want black QBs on the Hill. That's part of why one hasnt started here in 30 years.

But, why even go there with it?

its been 30 years since Robert Johnson started ?

Peter Porker

Quote from: 311Hog on December 12, 2017, 02:27:08 pm
its been 30 years since Robert Johnson started ?

When one doesn't want to see the truth, they don't see the truth.

311Hog

i do not think color plays into who is the QB at Arkansas i do sometimes feel like certain words are used to describe players who are of a certain color.  It is often assumed black QBs are faster, and white QB's more a "student of the game" that kinda dumb stuff.  2 kids can stand side by side and have identical measurements one black one white and folks will use an entirely different set of words to describe each of them and it is pretty stupid IMHO

redleg

All of this dual-threat QB talk is pointless if the 2017 SMU stats are looked at. Morris starting QB this past season had less than 80 yards rushing and only 1 rushing TD. Where's the dual-threat in that?
Morris might want a passer and game manager more than a runner...and if that is true, then Cole Kelley is the starter for the foreseeable future. Bohannon and Noland should both redshirt in 2018, barring injuries.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.