Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris is a home run.

Started by ambien_sky, December 06, 2017, 08:44:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood hog

Chad Morris is a homerun on a tee ball field.

010HogFan

people on here acting like SMU is the school that big time recruits want to go to are killing me. You can't prove anything at all about this man's recruiting by his time at SMU...good OR bad. What you can tell is his ability to improve and build the program from one year to the next using not very much talent. He will face a similar situation here being in the SEC West and recruiting against the big boys. I am ready to see what he can do here.

razorsharptusk

I can't say I'm tickled over this hire.   I think it is where our program is unfortunately.  But I want a change.  Sounds like he will bring one.  His record scares me a bit, but it was SMU who was in the tank already when he got there.  We all know his staff will be what makes or breaks him.  Let's hope he can build a good one here.  Then, the proof will be in the pudding. 
GO HOGS!!

3of5-2

3 Run Error. Plain and simple. On December 6, 2020, when everyone is begging for 1 more year so he can have all his own players, I will say I told you so. We should be called the Arkansas Guinea Pigs since we like to experiment with these coaching hires.

Paul

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on December 06, 2017, 10:41:54 am
Not sure you realize that SMU student athletes have to meet the same requirements to get admitted to the university as any normal student.

They actually had an O Line recruit that was accepted to Penn(An Ivy League School) that was initially not admitted to SMU.

How many 4 and 5 star recruits do you think could get admitted to that kind of university?

You can't compare recruiting at SMU to that of a power 5 school with much less stringent admittance requirements.
That's not true.  Colleges have different admission standards for athletes & have different curricula designed to keep them eligible