Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestling Fans (Tonights lineup)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 20, 2006, 05:35:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

What will happen on SmackDown this week after last week's historic events? On the last SmackDown, Kurt Angle shocked the world by entering — and winning — the Battle Royal to determine the new World Heavyweight Champion. In that Battle Royal, Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio were the last two men eliminated. This week, Henry and Mysterio will meet one on one to determine the No. 1 Contender to the World Heavyweight Championship. Who will step up to become the next challenger for Kurt Angle, and will he be watching?

Also last week, Randy Orton found a way to defeat Chris Benoit — handing Booker T the United States Championship. Afterward, "The Legend Killer" said that Booker owed him one. This week, Booker T will celebrate his "victory." Will Randy crash the celebration or try to cash in that favor on SmackDown?

In addition, fighting Finlay will debut, taking on Matt Hardy. After weeks of introductory videos, how will Finlay fare against the stiff competition on SmackDown?

Plus, JBL will meet the undefeated Lashley. Can the powerful newcomer keep his streak alive, or will the self-proclaimed "Wrestling God" be the one to end it?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brett Hitman Hog

Big Papa Satan

Macgyver Hawg

That's one ugly championship belt.

I actually own one of these - except I changed the design.  A guy named Reggie Parks made it for me.
He designed most of the belts we grew up seeing worn by Hogan, Flair, and the Honky Tonk Man.

secthumper

"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

hydrophonic

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 21, 2006, 01:12:31 pm
Did Hardy put Fit Finlay over?

For the most part.  Their match ended in a DQ when Finlay wouldn't break a hold on the ropes.

Finlay looked good, a lot better than I remember.  I don't remember being impressed by his move set, but I was VERY impressed Friday night.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

The_Bionic_Pig

These guys are FAAAAR MORE entertaining and athletic plus -

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pioneerhog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 23, 2006, 07:26:32 pm
These guys are FAAAAR MORE entertaining and athletic plus -

I must say that Sting was always one of my favorites back when I was younger.

Lando Calrissian

I loved Sting, don't get me wrong, but ever since he went to that "black & white" thing in the WCW, he reminds me too much of "Death" off of Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

hellrazor

Quote from: hydrophonic on January 23, 2006, 07:38:28 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 21, 2006, 01:12:31 pm
Did Hardy put Fit Finlay over?

For the most part. Their match ended in a DQ when Finlay wouldn't break a hold on the ropes.

Finlay looked good, a lot better than I remember. I don't remember being impressed by his move set, but I was VERY impressed Friday night.

Finaly has been a trainor for the Divas for the better part of five years.
Not counting how the Divas are performing now, I'd say he did a good job with Trish and Victoria.
I was also very impressed Friday night.
I think Hardy put him over pretty well. He took that face bump on the stairs.

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 22, 2006, 11:53:46 am
Quote from: secthumper on January 22, 2006, 02:45:46 am
Boogeyman is the original Kane!!

Wha?

Kane has always been played by Glen Jacobs. He went from The Dentist to Kane.
The Boogeyman is played by Marty Wright- a black man.

Did anyone see Raw tonight?
Who's looking forward to the Royal Rumble?   I know I am.   It's my favorite match out of the year.
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hydrophonic

Quote from: hellrazor on January 24, 2006, 12:04:55 amNot counting how the Divas are performing now, I'd say he did a good job with Trish and Victoria.

No doubt.  Victoria is totally over, very impressive.  The newer girls seem to get better A LOT faster than they used to.

QuoteWho's looking forward to the Royal Rumble? I know I am. It's my favorite match out of the year.

I've never been crazy about the Royal Rumble match, but I am looking forward to the PPV.  Unbelievably, WWE has 4 or 5 story lines that I'm interested in that should all progress at the Rumble.

As for TNA...  I've seen every episode of iMPCAT! since it hit SpikeTV.  I really like their show and agree that their product is more athletic.  But, more entertaining?  I don't know.  The show has been on for 3 or 4 months now and they've only just begun to develop stories.  I like a lot of the characters on the show and I think they have the potential to put out an OUTSTANDING product.

But, they've got some problems too.  Their #1 babyface - AJ Styles - can't cut a promo.  That's big.  Their announce team is just plain bad.  They've only got 1 hour of programing a week, yet they give us AT LEAST 1 squash match per show.  Most of the iMPACT! main events end with a run in.

Most of all, TNA's booking is too predictable.  I haven't bought one of their PPVs yet because I can usually guess the outcome of 6 out of 7 matches on the card.

I was never a big Sting fan either, so I wasn't crazy about that guy getting to pin the NWA World Champion in his first match in FIVE-FREAKING-YEARS.  Don't get me wrong, I don't really like JJ either, but to have the Champ lay down for a guy that hasn't had a match since 2001 is a real disservice to the title.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Big Papa Satan

Glad to see Fit Finlay back.  I remember when his career looked like it'd be over when he put his leg through that table back in WCW.