Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many here are going to be crying uncontrollably if we beat SC?

Started by luke hawg, September 30, 2017, 10:27:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 01, 2017, 12:00:00 am
Coaching matters.

Scheme matters.

Players matter.

Schedule matters.

Probably in that order.

Though you could probably switch out 2 for 3 and 3 for 2.

Not in that order at all.  Players and coaching are tied at #1.  #2 is anything else you want it to be, but it would be a distant 2nd.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 30, 2017, 10:51:59 pm
If we didn't have problems on the OL, we would be a 10 win team this season.

That is the only thing we need.

Just not true.

The receivers were unprepared gong into the season and the play calling is terrible, especially in the red zone. Yes. The line should be more stable too but they are not as bad as some on here think.

The defense is just bad. They are too slow and the line is playing overweight. There will never be consistent pressure on the QB unless we blitz every play which we won't do because they miss too many assignments. We just don't play aggressive enough.

Special teams, well, aren't. Poor calls and poor execution.

This all boils down to bad coaching. We are not prepared and what we are doing is not working. We fall apart in the 2nd half due to lack of adjustments and poor decisions. A properly coached team this year could have had 10 wins with this schedule. I'm not so sure we'll get to 6 at this point. This is why I have lost faith in BB. I will always support the players and the team, but this coach isn't getting it done. He is not the answer.

grayhawg

Quote from: luke hawg on September 30, 2017, 10:27:48 pm
3-3 after first six with LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri, Coastal, Mississippi State left on the schedule. This next week is huge for the darksiders because otherwise it's looking like another 7-8 win season. The next 2 years features 4 non power 5 with Kentucky and Vandy on the schedule. He might slip up and win 9 games one of those years which means another extension. You guys desperately need a loss next weekend to keep hope alive for a losing season. Best of luck rooting against your team!
There is no one who wants Bielema to be employed elsewhere than me, but to honestly think it would upset me for these kids to win has a loose screw.

Kevin

the leadership at Arkansas is fine with mediocre. 7-6 with a bowl win would be a fine year for them. they would just harp on the academics, and make up some lame excuses for the record. then move on to next year.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WilsonHog

Quote from: batmanfan on September 30, 2017, 10:57:28 pm
Boy some of y'all love you some mediocrity. Some think it is best for the program to lose till we get a new HC and that's totally fine

I understand some of you may "think" it best. That opinion assumes you know as much as the professionals actually doing the job, which you do not. By professionals, I mean members of the Board of Trustees, the UA president, our chancellor, the athletic director, our coaching staff, and the players.

At the end of the day, no matter how much message board fans wish to be involved at a deeper level, only people in those roles I named get to make the decisions. Only those people I named, plus the very wealthiest of the fan base, members of the "A" Team, and in some respects parents of our players, even get access to the program. The rest? Like the little kid standing outside the candy store, wishing and wanting...and criticizing, because only when offering criticism do they feel value.

That's the reality of it.

JIHawg

Quote from: hoglady on September 30, 2017, 11:47:20 pm

No the frustrating thing about Bielema is he has yet to have the team ready to start the season.
Never - not one season have we been prepared and ready to play when Sept rolled around.
We usually do get better as the year goes on - except last year with the 2nd half meltdowns - still trying to figure out how that happened.
Every year he finds too many losses in games that should have been wins.

Agree totally.  He just may be over his head.  And I'm late to the party on this.

LZH

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 30, 2017, 10:48:01 pm
Don't talk about program stability to Wildhog.  He is on record as being just fine with swapping coaches every few seasons until we get lucky.

Hell, I'm all for it too. If a guy hasn't really shown any improvement after four years (5 tops), he's ain't gonna cut it.

LZH

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 01, 2017, 08:07:35 am
Just not true.

The receivers were unprepared gong into the season and the play calling is terrible, especially in the red zone. Yes. The line should be more stable too but they are not as bad as some on here think.

The defense is just bad. They are too slow and the line is playing overweight. There will never be consistent pressure on the QB unless we blitz every play which we won't do because they miss too many assignments. We just don't play aggressive enough.

This all boils down to bad coaching. We are not prepared and what we are doing is not working. We fall apart in the 2nd half due to lack of adjustments and poor decisions. A properly coached team this year could have had 10 wins with this schedule. I'm not so sure we'll get to 6 at this point. This is why I have lost faith in BB. I will always support the players and the team, but this coach isn't getting it done. He is not the answer.

Job well done....

Großer Kriegschwein

Just not true.

Our OL is supposed to be our strength. If they'd have been able to keep defensive linemen off the QB long enough for our green receivers to find space, then we'd have won both the TCU and aTm Games. But our OL play has steadily declined since about the time Enos arrived, for whatever reason.

Not saying there aren't other problems on our team. STs are without a doubt horrible, but without better production on the OL against conference opponents, we'll get monkey stomped every week.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hoggish1

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 30, 2017, 10:31:42 pm
What a true joy that would be to finish with another mediocre record, not because we were good, but because everyone else sucked worse. 

You can look at it that way but I'd prefer to see that we have an opportunity with parity in the SEC—not because it is down.

The SEC is what it is and we are a part of it.

Wilsonhog, your above post is exactly correct but needs a bit of addition.  All those folks you correctly pointed out, has arrived at exactly what you now see on the field and have seen on the field for the past 30 years.  So we know exactly what these folks are capable of, its written in history.  The sum total of the past 30 years isn't that fancy.  I am not so sure that a chosen group of folks that just happen to be Hogville members, couldn't have done just as well and one hell of a lot cheaper.  T

JaketheSnake

Quote from: thebignasty on September 30, 2017, 11:46:52 pm
And how slim the margin really is.  Like, a couple of lineman and Pulley being okay away.
IMO, RWIII, Pulley, and Cornelius would make a huge difference to this team.  I didn't say "solve all our problems" but maybe Pulley doesn't give up the 50/50 balls vs A&M that Curl did.  RWIII may break a run that Hayden didn't.  Youth is rarely a good thing in the SEC.

luke hawg

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 01, 2017, 12:37:59 am
Another way of looking at that is that it's happened 3 times in 11 years.
If 2010 was a weak schedule year what the hell does that make this year?
It's spelled "you're" and Mizzou is our vandy that we play every year. If you didn't notice, Mizzou should have been a 3 win team last year. They were a 4 win team because we had a second half meltdown of Wagnerian proportions (a staple of Bielema-coached Arkansas teams) that never should have happened. They are going to be historically bad this year.
WRONG! Nutt is 2nd on the all time Arkansas wins list behind Broyles. Program stability is important but did program stability lose games last year against Mizzou or Virginia Tech, or Toledo the year before? Did program stability lose against TCU and A&M this year? No, horrible coaching and horrible player development did.

Winning percentage not total. I assumed that would be understood.

elksnort

have you seen our defense?

Sorry, but the SEC stinks right now.  There's maybe 3 decent teams in the entire conference.  You have BAMA, then a long pause to Georgia, then a short pause to Auburn and then crap, more crap and the crappiest.  A&M may be the 4th best team and Vandy is surely the team getting the most out of what they got.  I respect Vandy for putting a team on the field that looks coached. And Kentucky appears to somewhat use its talent.  The remaining teams have overblown excuses for coaches. 

The SEC may set a record for the number of 6-6 teams in a single conference in any one year.  Most of the SEC teams will be playing in the first 3 weeks of the Bowl season against other 6-6 and 5-7 teams.  And we are praying to be in one of those Bowls  Man we just gotta get to 6-6, cause the GPA we so proudly tout isn't getting us into a Bowl at 5-7. 

luke hawg

Quote from: 31to6 on September 30, 2017, 11:45:04 pm
This is just a stupid argument.

2010 we faced 6 ranked teams, beating 3 of them, and had the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation. Our losses were to the teams who ended the season ranked 1st, 5th and 10th. Our wins included 9-win aTm, a 9-win MSU who destroyed Michigan in their bowl, a 9-win & SEC E champ South Carolina, and 11-2 LSU.

2011 was similar, facing 6 ranked teams and beating 4 of them, with the #8 toughest schedule in the nation. Our only losses were to national championship game participants Alabama and LSU. 

So take your "we need a weak schedule to win 10" and stuff it.

Listen to the wins that you just listed off. In both seasons, we still loss all the big games as we always do.

To answer the thread, some team has an opportunity to excel against teams who are all trying their best to be the worst in conference.  This is the perfect opportunity to win 9 or more in the SEC.  I don't believe it will be us, more likely A&M.  No matter the team we play, no matter the circumstance, i always want the Hogs to kick hell out of the competition.

elksnort

Just not true.

Good post.
This defense needs a little Joe Lee Dunn kind of activity

LRrazorback

Quote from: luke hawg on October 01, 2017, 10:10:20 am
Listen to the wins that you just listed off. In both seasons, we still loss all the big games as we always do.

Luke stop posting! The more you post the more ignorant you get.

SPAL

Boy some of y'all love you some mediocrity. Some think it is best for the program to lose till we get a new HC and that's totally fine

I don't mind it. I'm perfectly content with 7 or 8 wins most seasons. Sometimes it'll be 9 others 6. But then again, I know we aren't a 9/10 win a year program and no coach will change that. I guess when you have unrealistic expectations, you get frustrated more easily.

flynhog

Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Pig Worshipper

The only one crying uncontrollably if we beat SC is Will Muschamp - he already has this one penciled in as a W.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 01, 2017, 07:02:06 pm
The only one crying uncontrollably if we beat SC is Will Muschamp - he already has this one penciled in as a W.
Some people are so naive as to think they know what other coaches think. If Vegas thinks this is a 1pt game, then I'm sure Boom is looking past us.

Inhogswetrust

I'm trying to figure out how the OP comes up with 3-3 after six weeks when one of those weeks was a bye week........I wonder if he cried over that F he got in math.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawgzinbowlz

Our secondary needs improvement.

" GO HOGS "

WoePigSooie

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 30, 2017, 11:27:42 pm
said this in another thread....and you hit it as square on the button as a Dustin Johnson drive
And Nazis?

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 01, 2017, 01:22:53 pm
I don't mind it. I'm perfectly content with 7 or 8 wins most seasons. Sometimes it'll be 9 others 6. But then again, I know we aren't a 9/10 win a year program and no coach will change that. I guess when you have unrealistic expectations, you get frustrated more easily.

You couldn't be more wrong.

" GO HOGS "

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

allredhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 01, 2017, 07:54:14 am
Not in that order at all.  Players and coaching are tied at #1.  #2 is anything else you want it to be, but it would be a distant 2nd.

Coaching is #1.  In the twenty-three years between Bear Bryant and Nick Saban, Alabama had 5 losing records and 4 of 7 or less.  Gene Stallings did go unbeaten and win a National Championship in 1992.  Alabama high school football did not diminish in those years.  Great coaching will raise the level of play.  As you add great players to the mix and you begin to build a great program year over year.   
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

cj_sez

I'd be crazy happy just like in 95 when Madre Hill put on a show and Taneyhiill had to eat the words he'd boasted trashing the Hogs. Celebrate the wins, but that doesn't mean we can't be "frustrated" with the coaching staff or hate to see the look on the players faces when they lose.

SPAL

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on October 01, 2017, 08:54:14 pm
You couldn't be more wrong.

" GO HOGS "

How many ten win seasons have we had in the last 25 years?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 30, 2017, 10:50:28 pm
This is what happens when a fan's stated loyalty to a coach equals or surpasses his loyalty to a program.

We beat NM St. Watch out SEC! The fighting Bielema's are comin'!!!

Taking a Kentucky win for granted might not be a good idea.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Wildhog on September 30, 2017, 10:34:36 pm
I want us to win every game.

What really sucks though is to look at the state of the SEC and know that if we were any good at all, this could be a 10-ish win type of year.

That's what has made me so angry and had me jump off the biel bus. We SHOULD be good this year. We returned so much. We've recruited fine. It's illogical.

Last year we had reasons to struggle. First year QB, new line, etc etc. This year we lost some non-nfl receivers. No excuse.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Take a real good look at your 2nd sentence... You do understand that the only alternative to your complaint is to win all of our games until we get a new coach, don't you..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

lakecityhog

I honestly feel like crying! I hope that there are a LOT of Razorback fans that feel like crying tonight.
I feel sorry for Austin Allen, I feel sorry for Zack Rogers, I feel sorry for Brian Wallace and lastly I feel sorry for Razorback fans.

kodiakisland

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 07, 2017, 08:25:02 pm
I honestly feel like crying! I hope that there are a LOT of Razorback fans that feel like crying tonight.
I feel sorry for Austin Allen, I feel sorry for Zack Rogers, I feel sorry for Brian Wallace and lastly I feel sorry for Razorback fans.

Honestly, I'm passed feeling that way.  Felt my heart ripped from me by the last two games last year.  This year has just been a continuance of last years end.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

HognotinMemphis

3-3 after first six with LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri, Coastal, Mississippi State left on the schedule. This next week is huge for the darksiders because otherwise it's looking like another 7-8 win season. The next 2 years features 4 non power 5 with Kentucky and Vandy on the schedule. He might slip up and win 9 games one of those years which means another extension. You guys desperately need a loss next weekend to keep hope alive for a losing season. Best of luck rooting against your team!
This is not going to end well for you. You don't get it and never will so best advice is to not make predictions on Ark football.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BrianG

How I'd that work out for you.Lol.