Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We can still finish 6-6

Started by z1on, September 21, 2013, 09:16:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

z1on

My drunkenness is wearing off from this loss. (first time I have drink since the ULM game). Anyways if Brandon Allen played this game we would have won easily.
The Florida game is very winnable, Florida plays really good defense, but their offense is horrible. Plus they just lost Driskel for the season and have a 2 star back up as QB.
Auburn is most likely a win, their QB is horrible and they are vulnerable to the running game. Last is Mississippi St. who I think we will easily beat, they are just not a good team at all. Now all of this is possible if are starting QB is B. Allen. If somehow he gets injured again and Derpy is back then we are in major trouble.

superior_wang

ADavisTheGOAT

We HAVE to upset someone if order to be bowl eligible. I think we have the best shot at Florida. I think we can beat Auburn and Mississippi State.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogcard1964

I would think 6 wins wouldn't be too much to ask for but then again, someone may chime in and claim it's unfair to expect a winning or .500 record in a coache's first year.

8)

Capt. Hamm

We will be lucky to win 2 more games. We are not very good! I love my hogs, but let's be real.

Fayettechill14

With Allen, I think we beat Auburn and Miss State at home. That's 5. Gonna have to pull an upset somewhere else, but it is certainly doable.

HiggiePiggy

I am down to 5-7 now.  6-6 was my prediction before season and that was counting a win at Rutgers.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

wupigsuey

Hell, I'll be surprised if we win another one. Let alone 3 more.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hogcard1964

Quote from: wupigsuey on September 21, 2013, 09:28:46 pm

Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St

All very winnable games.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: z1on on September 21, 2013, 09:16:22 pm
My drunkenness is wearing off from this loss. (first time I have drink since the ULM game). Anyways if Brandon Allen played this game we would have won easily.
The Florida game is very winnable, Florida plays really good defense, but their offense is horrible. Plus they just lost Driskel for the season and have a 2 star back up as QB.
Auburn is most likely a win, their QB is horrible and they are vulnerable to the running game. Last is Mississippi St. who I think we will easily beat, they are just not a good team at all. Now all of this is possible if are starting QB is B. Allen. If somehow he gets injured again and Derpy is back then we are in major trouble.
My drunkenness is increasing because of this loss... >:(
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: wupigsuey on September 21, 2013, 09:28:46 pm

You would had been a fine officer in the French army during WW2!

3kgthog

Florida just got a break (no pun intended) by losing their QB. They'll be better with their backup. Not that we'll be able to run on their D anyway.

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

superior_wang

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 21, 2013, 09:33:28 pm
Florida just got a break (no pun intended) by losing their QB. They'll be better with their backup. Not that we'll be able to run on their D anyway.

good post. I agree.

Hogarusa

I don't see how a young team going to the Swamp or to the Grove can be considered very winnable games.  We just lost at a non sold out Rutgers and the student section emptied out when we went up 24-7.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Fayettechill14

Quote from: wupigsuey on September 21, 2013, 09:34:28 pm
So was RU

With Allen we're a better team. If he's out long-term we are in serious trouble but that does not seem to be the case.

wupigsuey

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 21, 2013, 09:32:10 pm

thanks frenchy!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 21, 2013, 09:33:28 pm

Not without a passing game.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 21, 2013, 09:32:10 pm

Razorback fans have grown accustomed to expecting the worst and making excuses for everything.

Today'S loss had nothing to do with poor coaching, don't ya know?

atekido

4-5 wins at best.  we are going to finish where everyone predicted us to.  there is a reason for that.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 21, 2013, 09:35:21 pm
With Allen we're a better team. If he's out long-term we are in serious trouble but that does not seem to be the case.

Agreed, yet I'm somewhat disappointed the litmus for our football team is RU. And we failed.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 21, 2013, 09:30:52 pm
Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St

All very winnable games.

And Arkansas is a very winnable game for 2 of those schools.  We are not going to beat ole miss with the way our defense is and going on the road to their place.   Florida is a small chance because their offense is bad and Mississippi state is a good chance because they are inconsistent and rarely win against us in Arkansas. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

superior_wang

Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St

All very winnable games.

You have the best AV on Hogville btw.

But, I just dont get how people view Florida as a winnable game. We dont beat them in years when we are actually good, and especially at the Swamp. An Ole Miss has a decent/good passing  offense, and against our secondary, that will be a disaster.

wupigsuey

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 21, 2013, 09:35:52 pm
Razorback fans have grown accustomed to expecting the worst and making excuses for everything.

Today'S loss had nothing to do with poor coaching, don't ya know?

Quote from: WaltKowalski on Today at 09:02:07 pm

I would take Wisconsins record under this staff anyday.

It won't happen in the SEC.

no your drunkenness is definitely not wearing off. you shouild not only not drive in your condition you should not post on hogville

hogsanity

If the pass coverage does not get a lot better they may not win another, and some of the losses may be really really bad.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogwild210

Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St

All very winnable games.

You don't think Auburn is winnable, especially with the way the played against Miss St?
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

longtimeHogfan

I started the season saying 6.  7 with a minor bowl win.  But I can't find even two that look anything but iffy remaining on our schedule. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

jjdlc

I agree with the OP, those three are winnable.  Funny thing is, after watching a bit of the Florida game, I actually liked our chances a bit better with Driskel in the game.  LSU let Auburn look better last night than they really are.  Miss St. is just bad. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogwild210 on September 22, 2013, 01:56:14 pm
You don't think Auburn is winnable, especially with the way the played against Miss St?

Yes, we'll beat Auburn.

BuschHawg

We may eake out a win over MSU. Other than that its all losses. Bama and LSU will hand us our arses. Just like last year we have another horrible season to endure.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2013, 06:15:10 pm
Yes, we'll beat Auburn.

Yeah I'm counting Auburn and Miss State as wins, so we need to pull out one other game. Gonna be tough but doable.

hog golf

Just don't see it. We are going backwards it would appear
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St

All very winnable games.
Om is gonna beat us by 30 points. Florida has the best defense in the country and they can throw it on our ridiculous secondary all day.

Bubba's Bruisers

My original 5-7 prediction isn't safe.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Fayettechill14

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on September 22, 2013, 06:32:43 pm
Om is gonna beat us by 30 points. Florida has the best defense in the country and they can throw it on our ridiculous secondary all day.

30 points? Ole Miss is not that good. Weak defense all-around and their offense can be contained by a good defensive line, which we have.

They will move the ball all over us, though. I don't see us winning but 30 points is crazy.

Bubba's Bruisers

I only see AU and MSU as winnable for us.  Unfortunately, we are a very winnable game for them too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Pig Worshipper

Without good quarterback play 6-6 is impossible.
With decent, not great, play from our QB, 6-6 is definitely possible.

El Puerco

Wonderful avatar...but no bowl game.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 22, 2013, 06:46:19 pm
Without good quarterback play 6-6 is impossible.
With decent, not great, play from our QB, 6-6 is definitely possible.

Not decent, but at least good QB play.

And no injuries.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: The Artist Yo Huckleberry on September 22, 2013, 06:32:43 pm

We should have beat them (OM) last year. We can beat them this year.

Cure

Very possible, but they are going to need one of the WRs to step up in a big way. Hatcher/Herndon, you know what you're going to get, possession receivers that can run decent routes.

Outside of that, it's a shot in the dark.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Dominicanhog

I'm not letting go of the rope.. we win this week..... and the season looks a lot different than it does today....8-5.

Dionysos25

Technically, we can still finish 11-1.. Negative Nancy.. ;)
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

HawgFan70

Last week I was seeing predictions of 8-9 wins and we were a lock to win 7 games by many on this board. I assume those who predict us to beat Florida has not watched the Gators, we will be lucky to have 200 yards total offense against that D. I don't see that weve done anything to seperate ourselves from Miss State or Auburn, lots of things can change before we play them. I think we can beat both them but its far from a lock
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids