Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tweet about Craig Evans

Started by MRPRFCT, July 31, 2013, 01:12:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MRPRFCT

Badger Recruiting (@BadgerRecruits) tweeted at 0:52 PM on Wed, Jul 31, 2013:Hearing rumblings that @BretBielema & #Arkansas are very close to flipping 4star #Badgers commit Craig Evans (@craigevans18). Stay tuned.

hogwild210

Quote from: MRPRFCT on July 31, 2013, 01:12:19 pm
Badger Recruiting (@BadgerRecruits) tweeted at 0:52 PM on Wed, Jul 31, 2013:Hearing rumblings that @BretBielema & #Arkansas are very close to flipping 4star #Badgers commit Craig Evans (@craigevans18). Stay tuned.

Saw this one coming. Some said he wouldn't even visit.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Uncommon

July 31, 2013, 01:14:49 pm #2 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:37:42 pm by BeastBack 50
Craig Evans, Joshua Frazier, and Bijhon Jackson would be a tremendous DT haul.  The #32, #10, and #6 ranked DTs according to ESPN.

RazorBassin

Hope there is some truth to this!  Add Frazier and we have the best DT class in the nation coming in next year!

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorBassin on July 31, 2013, 01:18:24 pm
Hope there is some truth to this!  Add Frazier and we have the best DT class in the nation coming in next year!

We'd definitely have some serious beef! And all 3 would come in and play right away.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 31, 2013, 01:14:49 pm
Craig Evans, Joshua Frazier, and Bijhon Jackson would be a tremendous DT haul.

Those 3 alone would make this class successful.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

And getting Evans would take some pressure off of us to absolutely HAVE to have Frazier.  Yes, we desperately want Frazier, but with Evans and Jackson, we'd be in very good shape at DT.  We could then grab a 3rd like Watt.

Again, if Frazier decides to go elsewhere.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Tim Harris

I hope this is right.  I was one of those who didn't feel like he was going to make it down for a visit.  He talked about it and always spoke highly of us but never seemed to be on his way.  Adding him to the mix would be a huge pickup.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 31, 2013, 01:22:14 pm
And getting Evans would take some pressure off of us to absolutely HAVE to have Frazier.  Yes, we desperately want Frazier, but with Evans and Jackson, we'd be in very good shape at DT.  We could then grab a 3rd like Watt.

Again, if Frazier decides to go elsewhere.

I agree with what you are saying but at the same time we can't continue to miss on what little SEC talent we have in state.  Hopefully we end up with all 3.

Speedracer

If someone how this staff went and pulled off the logshot of Solomon Thomas....
Like smites bother me.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 31, 2013, 01:28:29 pm
I hope this is right.  I was one of those who didn't feel like he was going to make it down for a visit.  He talked about it and always spoke highly of us but never seemed to be on his way.  Adding him to the mix would be a huge pickup.
It seems legit. For them to go on twitter and say one of their own recruits could be switching, it's likely to be true. Of course, I don't know how credible badgersrecruits is.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 31, 2013, 01:29:19 pm
I agree with what you are saying but at the same time we can't continue to miss on what little SEC talent we have in state.  Hopefully we end up with all 3.

Who has this coaching staff missed on outside of a player that had been committed to another school for over a year?

Every other top in-state player has jumped at the chance to play for this staff. You can't make kids come to your school. Frazier is just a different cat. Nothing the coaches can do about that.

"Can't continue to miss" is something you could say about Petrino. Can't say it about this staff.

mhuff

Quote from: MRPRFCT on July 31, 2013, 01:12:19 pm

Thx for info....... Rolling Rolling Rolling

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Speedracer on July 31, 2013, 01:30:14 pm
Did BJOHOG hack into your account?

Speedracer

Hogville posters, lets go hit up Mr. Evans on twitter and show some love
Like smites bother me.

Tim Harris

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 31, 2013, 01:31:50 pm
I don't know how credible badgersrecruits is.

That is the part I'm not sure about.  Another big ten recruiting twitter account said the same thing last week.

Speedracer

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 31, 2013, 01:33:25 pm
Did BJOHOG hack into your account?

Have to fill me in on that one
Like smites bother me.

mmhogs17

gibby

Quote from: Speedracer on July 31, 2013, 01:30:14 pm

Thomas would be a great get, but he's a DE, right?

Razorhawg09

It's just some random fans twitter. Dude only has like 200 followers. I'll believe it when I see it. Evans has been recruiting for Wisconsin.

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Vantage 8 dude

In the one chance he's had thus far (2013's class) and with the relatively late start he and the staff got this past December-early February OTHER THAN Tenpenny what Arkansas high schooler did CBB miss on? While I agree the Hogs need to do everything within their power to keep any and all of the state's SEC level talent at home, with the exception of the aforementioned NLR rb who have we "whiffed" on? In all honesty with circumstances as they were I'm not sure mr. dime could have been saved by anyone from the Hill. For various reasons he seemed determined to go ahead and pledge to the Tide no matter what Bret and staff did or said. Sometimes it's just going to happen that way....too bad for us in this case. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 31, 2013, 01:32:42 pm
Who has this coaching staff missed on outside of a player that had been committed to another school for over a year?

Every other top in-state player has jumped at the chance to play for this staff. You can't make kids come to your school. Frazier is just a different cat. Nothing the coaches can do about that.

"Can't continue to miss" is something you could say about Petrino. Can't say it about this staff.

That is a general statement about the Arkansas Football program.  It is not meant at Coach Bielema or anyone that is currently here.  As a general rule we are only going to produce a handful of elite players every year.  We have to land those.

ADavisTheGOAT

Can anyone here hand me a link?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The Recruiting Guy

Everything could happen but I don't see this happening soon. I do believe there's very a good chance of it but not now.

The two times he's been on Recruiting Thursday he's been very encouraging about the possible flip.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 31, 2013, 01:41:49 pm
In the one chance he's had thus far (2013's class) and with the relatively late start he and the staff got this past December-early February OTHER THAN Tenpenny what Arkansas high schooler did CBB miss on? While I agree the Hogs need to do everything within their power to keep any and all of the state's SEC level talent at home, with the exception of the aforementioned NLR rb who have we "whiffed" on? In all honesty with circumstances as they were I'm not sure mr. dime could have been saved by anyone from the Hill. For various reasons he seemed determined to go ahead and pledge to the Tide no matter what Bret and staff did or said. Sometimes it's just going to happen that way....too bad for us in this case. 

Answered here with the other post.  People always look at anything that is negatively said as if it is coming from some troll.  It is just a general statement.  We can't miss out on talent of this level in our state.  We have a fight for Frazier this year and it looks like we will for Gragg next year.  We have to make sure we get those type of players to come here.

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 31, 2013, 01:42:00 pm
That is a general statement about the Arkansas Football program.  It is not meant at Coach Bielema or anyone that is currently here.  As a general rule we are only going to produce a handful of elite players every year.  We have to land those.

Hawg Red

And, like I said, this staff has done an absolutely outstanding job of that. We're talking about one kid that isn't going ga-ga over the home-state program. And we're still in on him. 9/10 Arkansas kids are going to love this coaching staff. And the one that doesn't automatically fall in love with them will still be interested. I don't think we have to worry about our coaching staff turning players and families and coaching staffs off like Petrino did.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 31, 2013, 01:44:50 pm
Answered here with the other post.  People always look at anything that is negatively said as if it is coming from some troll.  It is just a general statement.  We can't miss out on talent of this level in our state.  We have a fight for Frazier this year and it looks like we will for Gragg next year.  We have to make sure we get those type of players to come here.

Well, it's a statement that should go without saying, so when someone says it, it does sound like you're griping a bit or whatever. I think the past is the past and the present and future should be viewed separately. As far as I'm concerned, we haven't lost anyone in-state. I'm not holding Tenpenny against Bielema and staff. I'm sure they want Josh Frazier more than any fan does and they're going to fight as hard as they possibly can. Sometimes that isn't enough, though.

Tim Harris

Seriously some of you guys have reading comprehension problems or think everyone is out to talk about us being lil ol Arkansas.....no where in there did I ever say anything about Bielema or what his recruiting has been like.  Him and the rest of the coaches have done an amazing job landing the recruits they have.

Now as far as my statement is concerned.  I said that the Arkansas Football Program can't miss out on the in state SEC players.  See Football program not Bret Bielema.  If you look back over the years we always seem to have a someone get away every year.  If we want to get to the level we all hope for we have to eliminate/minimize though.

New coach, means new expectations, and a new person to hopefully prevent that from happening.

Bubba's Bruisers

Well, that goes without saying.  My point is we can't force Frazier to sign, so if he doesn't, we'd still be very solid with Jackson and Evans leading the way.   

booogaga

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 31, 2013, 01:56:48 pm
Well, that goes without saying.  My point is we can't force Frazier to sign, so if he doesn't, we'd still be very solid with Jackson and Evans leading the way.   
and soloman......
GO HOGS!

hogginbama

My son is headed back to Sun Prairie this weekend. I will see what he can dig up from all of the folks there. He and Craig worked out together when we lived there, so he may be able to get some info straight from the horses mouth.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

CDBHawg

I agree. But nothing can be done to sway those who simply want to commit elsewhere. All the staff can do is try.

The_Iceman

Quote from: CDBHawg on July 31, 2013, 02:13:13 pm
I agree. But nothing can be done to sway those who simply want to commit elsewhere. All the staff can do is try.

A point many people forget.

Razorbax

Quote from: mmhogs17 on July 31, 2013, 01:36:18 pm
Commit now, visit later.

I thought we didn't accept commitments without first visiting.......

Tim Harris

Just to get this back on topic.  Evan is the Wisconsin 247 sports writer.  Someone sent him the tweet to get his response.  I don't expect him to say yeah he is going there but just wanted to add this.  Will see what else I can find but I don't know how "official" that account is.

Evan Flood ‏@Evan_Flood  12m 
@karenwhiskey @WhiskeyDrunkHog @_BlakeEddins Arkansas is nowhere near flipping Craig based on what I'm told

ricepig

I have no idea what he will do, but I will predict if he comes on a visit, he will flip.

rhames

Y'all believe anything you read.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: rhames on July 31, 2013, 02:29:50 pm
Y'all believe anything you read.
Everyone seems pretty skeptical of both tweets shared in this thread and I'd say rightly so.

The only reading I believe on the internet are the opinions of one Robert Shields.

Tim Harris

The badgerrecruits account has now been deleted.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 31, 2013, 02:39:54 pm
Any chance it was started by mrprfct? Lol

grayhawg

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 31, 2013, 02:43:32 pm
Any chance it was started by mrprfct? Lol
Someone on the message board said he was a Minnesota fan who didn't have a clue.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 31, 2013, 02:39:54 pm

The 200 followers should have been a dead give away, kind of like the Boise trolls last winter.

Mrs.Whiskey

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 31, 2013, 02:24:02 pm
Just to get this back on topic.  Evan is the Wisconsin 247 sports writer.  Someone sent him the tweet to get his response.  I don't expect him to say yeah he is going there but just wanted to add this.  Will see what else I can find but I don't know how "official" that account is.

Evan Flood ‏@Evan_Flood  12m 
@karenwhiskey @WhiskeyDrunkHog @_BlakeEddins Arkansas is nowhere near flipping Craig based on what I'm told

that's me, @karenwhiskey.  there was an article written today on the badger's 247 sports site and the tweet that went out used terminology very similar to the article.  Evan Flood wrote the article

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on July 31, 2013, 01:39:44 pm
It's just some random fans twitter. Dude only has like 200 followers. I'll believe it when I see it. Evans has been recruiting for Wisconsin.

There were reports of DGB recruiting for US in 2012. Signed with those wannabes to the north... just sayin'.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Razorhawg09

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on July 31, 2013, 03:59:06 pm
There were reports of DGB recruiting for US in 2012. Signed with those wannabes to the north... just sayin'.
Only ones reporting that were delusional Arkansas fans.

Scott7703

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on July 31, 2013, 04:03:01 pm
Only ones reporting that were delusional Arkansas fans.

Actually it was fact.

Lysol

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on July 31, 2013, 01:14:49 pm
Craig Evans, Joshua Frazier, and Bijhon Jackson would be a tremendous DT haul.  The #32, #10, and #6 ranked DTs according to ESPN.
And #5, #11, and #16 according to Rivals

Oklahawg

Quote from: hogginbama on July 31, 2013, 02:06:20 pm
My son is headed back to Sun Prairie this weekend. I will see what he can dig up from all of the folks there. He and Craig worked out together when we lived there, so he may be able to get some info straight from the horses mouth.

Cool.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

redeye

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 31, 2013, 01:51:27 pm
Well, it's a statement that should go without saying, so when someone says it, it does sound like you're griping a bit or whatever. I think the past is the past and the present and future should be viewed separately. As far as I'm concerned, we haven't lost anyone in-state. I'm not holding Tenpenny against Bielema and staff. I'm sure they want Josh Frazier more than any fan does and they're going to fight as hard as they possibly can. Sometimes that isn't enough, though.

For the record, I think you just made a wrong assumption. It does go without saying for most people and I had no problem understanding what he meant. I actually find it interesting that 2 people read it as an attack on Bielema or this coaching staff, because that's obviously not what he meant and I don't know how you guys came up with that idea.