Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't blame MA

Started by synthartist69, February 05, 2018, 12:38:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

February 05, 2018, 12:38:05 am Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:26:58 am by synthartist69
Mike is not the one missing all the free throws and giving stupid fouls. Mike is not the one standing under the goal while letting the other guy dunk on him. Mike is not the one throwing the ball out of bounds. Mike is not the one not rebounding the ball. Mike not the one not passing the ball around and just standing there. Don't blame Mike.

JayHog

You done poked the hornets nest now. I'm ducking and seeking cover

pigture perfect

Yeah, but you can't fire the whole team. Those are his guys.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

3kgthog

Mike recruited them. Mike "coaches" them. Mike allows them to keep seeing the floor after all that standing around.

Part of Mike's problem is he's like Uncle Mike instead of Coach Anderson. The good cop thing worked when he had the bad cop (Nolan) running the show. Now it's just him and his career assistants. They don't know how to teach discipline or fundamentals. The only bit of coaching advice they've got is "They punkin' you!" Those players don't fear AND respect him.

Good Xs and Os coaches know the exact way to beat the tar out of Mike and his system and teams like LSU have that song on repeat. The only time this clown show works is when we're on fire from three and the other team has their worst game of the season in all facets of the game.

southeasthog

Quote from: synthartist69 on February 05, 2018, 12:38:05 am
Mike is not the one missing all the free throws and giving stupid fouls. Mike is not the one standing under the goal while letting the other guy dunk on him. Mike is not the one throwing the ball out of bounds. Mike is not the one not rebounding the ball. Mike not the one not passing the ball around and just standing there. Don't blame Mike.

What is the difference between Football and Basketball?

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 24, 2017, 08:08:23 pm
Worse part about this season was the horrible defense allowing a 1st and 10 on every 3rd or even 4th down, allowing opponents to score 40 plus points. Second problem  was the horrible offensive line and offensive play calling. Fire both of them!

Never mind. I see you are another "Mike" fan instead of a "Hog" fan.

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 15, 2017, 04:03:30 am
I have always been a fan of Mike Anderson and of course Nolan. I knew he could get it done here and it appears that we are headed in the right direction. Mike Anderson is a great guy and great coach, so happy to have him here!

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Peter Porker

But fire Chad Morris now huh?

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 05, 2017, 05:56:55 pm
FIRE HIM NOW!!!! This is the worse hire of all time.. OMG!!!!!

But it wasn't Bielema that missed blocks and tackles.

Quote from: synthartist69 on September 23, 2017, 02:52:38 pm
Okay, FIRE BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ifghog

Don't blame the players....they should be better coached and that wouldn't happen.

Nickle-Pig

Whether ya like it or not the man in charge is the coach not the players and he is fair game.
Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

navyhog24

hogsanity

Just another reply chaser, no one can be that stupid.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jusgtohogs

it's a very simple concept but one that, for whatever reason(s), people don't seem to grasp:  you can delegate your authority, but not your responsibility.  This team and coaching them to wins is CMA's responsibility.

Sow’sEar

I agree that the players need to step up, but if your logic is followed then no coach in history of sports should be fired for on the field/court performance....

Mjs84

Blatantly obvious you are indeed just like Mike.  You refuse to take responsibility for your incompetence and you grossly underestimate the importance of strong leadership.  Do you understand the concept of discipline as it applies to things like making free throws, making accurate passes, staying out of foul trouble, or putting yourself in proper position to make defensive stops? With all of that being said, 99% of those mistakes could be overlooked or even grossly reduced when playing at a level of higher intensity.  The team lacks focus.  Guess who all of these things fall on...
As much as we all like Mike the man, and I really think he's a cool and collected guy, he would get more road wins and more passion from his players if he had just a little more fire in his belly.  I hope you are able to comprehend this.  You sound like you've never been involved with organized sports of any kind.

hobhog

One of the 25% has spoken!

Mjs84

Quote from: southeasthog on February 05, 2018, 05:26:33 am
What is the difference between Football and Basketball?

Never mind. I see you are another "Mike" fan instead of a "Hog" fan.

You just owned that guy

CPO Hog

And don't give DVH credit for fielding a good baseball team. He's not batting, pitching or fielding....

Torqued pork

Let me know when we have players who don't need coaching.

hogwildjoshua

UMM this skid is PURELY, 10000000% ON MEDIOCRE MIKE >:(

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 05, 2018, 11:07:14 am
Profound.

hogwildjoshua

daprospecta

I put it on both. We need more players like Darious Hall.  The kid plays with passion on both ends of the court and does not settle for one thing.  He's looking to drive first and will shoot 3's when open. It's Mike's job to get the best out of his players(which I don't think he's doing at the moment) and it's the players job to play within the system and play team ball.  Both Mike and the players are not getting it done.

synthartist69

I truly enjoyed reading your responses... LOL LOL   

SemperFi

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 05, 2018, 11:07:14 am

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ It's up to Mike Anderson, who gets paid as a coach to do his job as the coach. He evaluated and recruited these same kids that the OP is blaming for being the problem. If they were all coached as well as the OP defends Mike Anderson then we'd be a top 10 program. What the OP should be pissed about is why the house that Eddie Sutton and Nolan Richardson built has been torn down and managed by mediocre coaching. Get pissed about that and I'll stand behind you, but as long as you stand behind the man responsible and blame the kids then you can pound sand.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Peter Porker

Quote from: daprospecta on February 05, 2018, 11:20:10 am
I put it on both. We need more players like Darious Hall.  The kid plays with passion on both ends of the court and does not settle for one thing.  He's looking to drive first and will shoot 3's when open. It's Mike's job to get the best out of his players(which I don't think he's doing at the moment) and it's the players job to play within the system and play team ball.  Both Mike and the players are not getting it done.

Who recruited the players that aren't doing what they're supposed to do?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

redneckfriend

That is true but the obvious rejoinder (and I'm sure you see it) is that it is Anderson's responsibility to hold them accountable for mistakes. Basketball coaches, unlike football coaches, don't make their reputation and living by drawing up plays but by teaching players to play as a team, to learn a system and to execute it as flawlessly as possible.

Offense is talent, defense is training and willingness to do what is asked even if it doesn't show up in the box score. Anderson seems to let them off when they make mistakes. A tougher coach would sit a player who did and not let him back in for the remainder of the game even if he had to use a much less talented player. An 18 or 19 y/o doesn't learn unless there are consequences. They need to pay for their poor execution by loss of playing time and they need to knoiw they will pay. The way this team plays the rotation decisions should be all about punishment for errors.

Albert Einswine

The OP is reminiscent of hogsanity in regard to Nutt. Both woefully flawed.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Peter Porker

Quote from: daprospecta on February 05, 2018, 11:20:10 am

It's ok to blame the coach when he has a different pigment than you huh?

Quote from: daprospecta on October 22, 2016, 07:20:41 pm
Fans don't recruit/sign players.  Jeff Long does not recruit/sign players. It's this coaching staff's job to get better recruits and they are paid handsomely to do so.  Every one wants to talk about how Auburn has better recruits than we do but no one mentions who's job it is to get better recruits.  We have fielded a defense that teams just toy with.  Our O-Line is laughable and is getting our QB hit/injured consistently.  We don't make half time adjustments. Our team comes out flat in a critical game that could decide second place(maybe even first) in the West and it doesn't look any better next year.  Who is responsible for this?

hogsanity

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 05, 2018, 11:25:52 am
The OP is reminiscent of hogsanity in regard to Nutt. Both woefully flawed.

I don't think I ever once blamed the players, but it was ELEVEN years ago, so I have slept a few times.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Peter Porker

Different standard when it comes to football?

Quote from: daprospecta on November 15, 2016, 06:03:16 pm
As a Razorback fan, I want to see him get it done. As a realist, I don't see it happening.  The only thing I don't want to see is we give him FIVE(Six is too many unless the team is set for greatness)  years and people come out the woodwork talking about we can't have a top 15 program here.

Quote from: daprospecta on November 25, 2016, 08:45:33 pm
I want him fired simply because he has allowed an environment of loafs, quitting on plays and players playing without heart.  That is an atmosphere that CBB has allowed. You will never be a big time program when simple things like that are allowed.  Year 1, I could understand but this is THE END of year 4.  This is what you will get going forward.  A bunch of quitters on both sides of the ball.  Not all the players are quitting on plays but I'd say 50% are and that is 50% too much.

Quote from: daprospecta on February 05, 2017, 03:00:24 pm
There are 3 maybe 4 schools who are consistently in the top 10-15 every year and even those have dips outside the top 25 and you think it's realistic to expect a team with our 20 year history of problems to be in that rarified air in 3 years?

daprospecta

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 05, 2018, 11:28:43 am
It's ok to blame the coach when he has a different pigment than you huh?

Your agenda is so clouded that you didn't even read my post. I clearly said I put it on Mike and the players. I also said it's his job to get the best out of HIS PLAYERS which he is not doing.  I find it funny you went back and picked through my posts to find some that you tried to fit your agenda(they still don't fit) and you glanced over the post I made a few days ago saying that I will treat Mike like CBB. If this type of play carries on into next year, we should let him go.  Keep trying though bud. Maybe one day you will make a relevant point.

Peter Porker

Quote from: daprospecta on February 05, 2018, 01:36:37 pm
Your agenda is so clouded that you didn't even read my post. I clearly said I put it on Mike and the players. I also said it's his job to get the best out of HIS PLAYERS which he is not doing.  I find it funny you went back and picked through my posts to find some that you tried to fit your agenda(they still don't fit) and you glanced over the post I made a few days ago saying that I will treat Mike like CBB. If this type of play carries on into next year, we should let him go.  Keep trying though bud. Maybe one day you will make a relevant point.

So, you're willing to give CMA 8 years, but want Bielema fired after 4. It's not my agenda that's clouded. It's yours.

daprospecta

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 05, 2018, 01:57:03 pm
So, you're willing to give CMA 8 years, but want Bielema fired after 4. It's not my agenda that's clouded. It's yours.
I never said four but sense we are comparing, let's do it. In year five, we were breaking win records in basketball and getting a good(not great seed) in the tourney and losing in the second round.  That is about the equivalent of the cotton bowl IMO.  Year five for CBB was 4-8 and one win in SEC play.  With that being said, we are witnessing a trend here with the defense. It's a trend that will destroy any consistency and is a fireable offense long term.  With CBB, his teams started quitting on him in the fourth year and it carried on into his fifth and I thought he should be fired.  We were a top defensive team in 2014-205 so it's not like this is a trend that has been around forever with this team.  We are playing poorly on defense and if it spills over into next year, Mike should be fired.  Show me the discrepancy?

Peter Porker

Quote from: daprospecta on February 05, 2018, 03:09:47 pm
I never said four but sense we are comparing, let's do it. In year five, we were breaking win records in basketball and getting a good(not great seed) in the tourney and losing in the second round.  That is about the equivalent of the cotton bowl IMO.  Year five for CBB was 4-8 and one win in SEC play.  With that being said, we are witnessing a trend here with the defense. It's a trend that will destroy any consistency and is a fireable offense long term.  With CBB, his teams started quitting on him in the fourth year and it carried on into his fifth and I thought he should be fired.  We were a top defensive team in 2014-205 so it's not like this is a trend that has been around forever with this team.  We are playing poorly on defense and if it spills over into next year, Mike should be fired.  Show me the discrepancy?

The 2016 season was Bielema's 4th year. Look at your quote from 2016. You called for him to be fired November of his 4th year. Is reading comprehension that hard for you?

daprospecta

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 05, 2018, 03:12:38 pm
The 2016 season was Bielema's 4th year. Look at your quote from 2016. You called for him to be fired November of his 4th year. Is reading comprehension that hard for you?
So your complaint is me calling for him being fired in year 4?

Peter Porker

Quote from: daprospecta on February 05, 2018, 03:14:20 pm
So your complaint is me calling for him being fired in year 4?

You have a clear double standard when it comes to Bielema and Anderson.

Atlhogfan1

Our 2014-15 team finished 111th in defensive efficiency. 

We were 218th in 3pt % defense.  233rd right now.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DeltaBoy

Simple the SEC is better this year and we are not !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HF#1

He's not missing free throws but if I'm not mistaken, he doesn't allow time for them during practice.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Cargill A. BullHog

Coach A has just been unlucky this year, and last year.  But if anyone has shown they can turn around a program its Coach A.  Think about how nobody had heard of UAB basketball before he took them to the Elite 8.  And Mizzou, other than a few short weeks of relevance back in 89-90 (Doug Smith Era) they have done NOTHING in basketball depsite having a Gene Hackman clone (Norm Stewart) coach them for years.  In just a short season or two Coach A had them right back to being ranked near the top only to get unlucky in the 1st round of the NCAA's (seems to happen to Missouri a lot)  Now hes come here to tunr our fetid pile of dog poo basketabll program (thanks John Pelphrey and Stanley Heath) inot a respectable program.  He got us ranked in only his 7th year.  If we committ to just 5 or 6 years he will have us competing for conference championships and top 4 seeds in the NCAA.  Patience people, Coach A is going to get things together as soon as he gets a younger team that will listen to him.
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

navyhog24

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 05, 2018, 03:45:13 pm
Coach A has just been unlucky this year, and last year.  But if anyone has shown they can turn around a program its Coach A.  Think about how nobody had heard of UAB basketball before he took them to the Elite 8.  And Mizzou, other than a few short weeks of relevance back in 89-90 (Doug Smith Era) they have done NOTHING in basketball depsite having a Gene Hackman clone (Norm Stewart) coach them for years.  In just a short season or two Coach A had them right back to being ranked near the top only to get unlucky in the 1st round of the NCAA's (seems to happen to Missouri a lot)  Now hes come here to tunr our fetid pile of dog poo basketabll program (thanks John Pelphrey and Stanley Heath) inot a respectable program.  He got us ranked in only his 7th year.  If we committ to just 5 or 6 years he will have us competing for conference championships and top 4 seeds in the NCAA.  Patience people, Coach A is going to get things together as soon as he gets a younger team that will listen to him.

SMDH....People like you are killing our program...CMA apologists....

Cargill A. BullHog

I would argue that people like yourself, always being negative and not showing support, have killed our once great program.  Now we can only hope to rebuild it with good people like Coach A.  We only have 3 million people that live here, proabably 2 million that are "Hog fans" if over half of them are negative Nancies then we'll never get back to where we were just 25 short years ago.  Coach A can get it done, I just know it.
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

ballinhog

Who else would you blame? Who recruited this team?

Darren DeLoach

Again, I am a Mike fan and would love for him to be the man that get's us back to national relevance, but he absolutely has not gotten this team to perform as well as should be expected. He totally owns the results...period. As for your revisionist history, UAB was a very good program built by Gene Bartow. Had a poor 5 or 6-year window that Mike stepped in and rectified. You show little basketball knowledge when you state that Mizzou was irrelevant. They were in the Elite 8 5 years prior to Mike. Stewart went 634–333 at Missouri with Elite 8's and Sweet sixteens scattered around his tenure. Mike is a decent coach that is a great man. But he has only done a marginally good job here. We are better since he came here, but we should be further along than we are. This state has the talent to be a top 10 program on a nearly yearly basis. Not a fringe tourney team. He is better than Pel or Heath, but that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. He is a wonderful human being, but his job is basketball, and it is currently just OK.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Letsroll1200

It's not his fault but the responsibility is his to own. Just Keep Watching

RebHog

Good god you throw enough excuses out there for Mike. Saying he needs a younger team that will listen to him is just pure gold. That is a COACH problem take you blinders off. This being said he has elevated the program from the pelphrey days and think he gets another year IF he makes the tourney again. His coaching flaws are getting old however and I think our new AD at the very least should have him shake up his coaching staff. This senior driven team is underperforming period.

hogsanity

actually in yr 5 Mike went 16-16

Mr. Porkleone

Idiot post of day. Keep supporting Mediocre Mike

Danny J

Shorten rotation, stop trapping, stop dribble penetration & for God's sake stop switching 1-5. If these things are done we are a different team. That doesn't mean we stop pressing per se just stop pressing man to man with traps. Just make a few adjustments like he did last year after the Vandy game and we will be fine.

Danny J

The teams that should be playing this style are the Kentucky and Dukes of the world where they have the height, talent and legit depth. Our team does not.

26.2Hog

Anderson has never set win records at the University of Arkansas.