Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches that Fans want fired...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, November 25, 2016, 05:45:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

Dan Mullen,  Les Miles (gone)  Gus Malzahn,  Huge Freeze,  Butch Jones, Barry Odom, (questionable now)  Will Muschamp, Derek Mason,  Kevin Sumlin,  and I guess now Bielema.  Basically every coach in the SEC.  Let's try and hang on to Bielema for a little longer.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

BigHog396

Hoggiedawg

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

sickboy

Hogarusa

That what happens when 1 coach makes winning look real easy
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

He gets one more year from me, IF he makes changes, but honestly if he were let go I wouldn't cry.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Deeznutts

Smith needs to be ridden out of town and Enos' arrogant, almost STUPID olay calling inside the redzone needs an ass whipping. He alone lost this one along with Allen's whining ass.

Hollywood870

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: farmhawg on November 25, 2016, 06:03:13 pm
Yep, let's just give up.

They aren't giving up. These dudes are truly happy. They are happy just watching them take the field. Happy to participate. Most of them on here are tickled pink with 7 wins and a bowl game in Shreveport as a member of the mighty SEC. Just happy to be here. Plus Bret is AWESOME!!!!!

PRJ

IronHog

Gus or Mullen could do better at Arkansas
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Bebop

There is context that surrounds each coach. Some deserve more crictism than others.

arslp

My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

hogcard1964

We know what we've got with Bielema.  He's below average to mediocre, he's going to win 6-8 games per year and he can't recruit.  Why not try something different?  Try a young upstart.  Whomever it is, probably won't be as bad. ...and a crapload cheaper.

farmhawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 25, 2016, 06:06:04 pm
They aren't giving up. These dudes are truly happy. They are happy just watching them take the field. Happy to participate. Most of them on here are tickled pink with 7 wins and a bowl game in Shreveport as a member of the mighty SEC. Just happy to be here. Plus Bret is AWESOME!!!!!

PRJ
Your killing me!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Sooie71923

Wouldn't be easier to just terminate the football program and donate the coaching money to charity?

How many coaches will Arkansas hire and fire and pay millons, just to leave?

Why is Arkansas a coaching graveyard?

BigHog396

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 25, 2016, 06:11:46 pm
Wouldn't be easier to just terminate the football program and donate the coaching money to charity?

How many coaches will Arkansas hire and fire and pay millons, just to leave?

Why is Arkansas a coaching graveyard?
Because we've only had one top level head coach since entering the SEC... you can't win in this conference without having one of the best, if you are at Arkansas.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 25, 2016, 06:25:44 pm
Because we've only had one top level head coach since entering the SEC... you can't win in this conference without having one of the best, if you are at Arkansas.

We have had two.  Petrino was a top level coach,  and Bielema is a top level coach.  In fact, his record of wins was better than Petrino's.  He went to three straight big 10 championships,  and had great success at Wisconsin.  So we have had two.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

HamSammich

No one wanted one tom Herman other than a UH..... cowards die slow miserable but safe deaths. Don't include me with you people.

wonderboys

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 25, 2016, 06:59:03 pm
We have had two.  Petrino was a top level coach,  and Bielema is a top level coach.  In fact, his record of wins was better than Petrino's.  He went to three straight big 10 championships,  and had great success at Wisconsin.  So we have had two.

NO

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 06:06:58 pm

why? They going to get sec players to come here somehow?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2016, 07:20:17 pm
why? They going to get sec players to come here somehow?

Gus could figure out who to get instate better than anyone else.....

Charles Clays are out there

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 07:23:04 pm

problem is defense, need lbs dbs and safeties.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2016, 07:45:27 pm
problem is defense, need lbs dbs and safeties.

They can do better than the current team

Arkansas has challenges but it's still a top 25 type program.

jm

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: arslp on November 25, 2016, 06:10:52 pm
Rob Smith Rob Smith Rob Smith

Did Rob Smith tell the offence  not score one time in the second half?

Danny J

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 06:06:58 pm
I would take Mullen tomorrow no questions asked...

Pork Twain

I would prefer we keep our HC for a few more years and get rid of our DC
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

IronHog

Quote from: Danny J on November 25, 2016, 08:05:50 pm
I would take Mullen tomorrow no questions asked...

Solid coach.

Arkansas probably missed out on Gus though.

Not a fan but he'd play fast and aggressive

Danny J

Quote from: HamSammich on November 25, 2016, 07:00:51 pm
No one wanted one tom Herman other than a UH..... cowards die slow miserable but safe deaths. Don't include me with you people.
Its the "everybody deserves a trophy" mindset that gives us the "shutup and accept our 6-8 win seasons" attitudes. These are the people who take no risks in life. They are quite happy to work for someone else instead of starting their own businesses.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 25, 2016, 08:07:28 pm
I would prefer we keep our HC for a few more years and get rid of our DC

They both have to go.

IronHog

Quote from: Danny J on November 25, 2016, 08:08:29 pm
Its the "everybody deserves a trophy" mindset that gives us the "shutup and accept our 6-8 win seasons" attitudes. These are the people who take no risks in life. They are quite happy to work for someone else instead of starting their own businesses.

Not sure about that

Not everyone is an entrepreneur

Josh Goforth

Quote from: sickboy on November 25, 2016, 06:02:41 pm
Because who are you going to hire?
PJ Fleck western mich, Tom Herman Houston, Lane  Kiffin bama

LZH

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 25, 2016, 06:59:03 pm

Hilarious.

#bielemasasstastesgreat

colbs

Let's be real what has he done to prove that he would be good here?  Auburn gets top 10 classes and the last 3 years the most they have won was 8.  If he's been average at Auburn I doubt he will come to Arkansas and put them over the top. 

jcharkansas

I think there are alot of players in state every year that don't get looked at by Ark that could really help the team. I know there have been a few the past few years go elsewhere and have success, some we didn't even offer in favor of what we've got.
I think Gus would capitalize on that more for sure, I personally like having either a great coach like Petrino or one that is from Arkansas instead of some other mediocre coach from Yankee country.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: sickboy on November 25, 2016, 06:02:41 pm
Because who are you going to hire?

This is an interesting question. Who do you hire that knows coming in we don't have a large recruiting class in state, Knows they have to compete in the SECW buzzsaw every week. There are other "knows". I'm just to tired to care.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

jcharkansas

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 08:07:57 pm

Solid coach.

Arkansas probably missed out on Gus though.

Not a fan but he'd play fast and aggressive
He certainly whooped the **** out of us this year...

daprospecta

I want him fired simply because he has allowed an environment of loafs, quitting on plays and players playing without heart.  That is an atmosphere that CBB has allowed. You will never be a big time program when simple things like that are allowed.  Year 1, I could understand but this is THE END of year 4.  This is what you will get going forward.  A bunch of quitters on both sides of the ball.  Not all the players are quitting on plays but I'd say 50% are and that is 50% too much.

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 25, 2016, 05:45:50 pm
Dan Mullen,  Les Miles (gone)  Gus Malzahn,  Huge Freeze,  Butch Jones, Barry Odom, (questionable now)  Will Muschamp, Derek Mason,  Kevin Sumlin,  and I guess now Bielema.  Basically every coach in the SEC.  Let's try and hang on to Bielema for a little longer.

Not a no, but a "F" no.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Hollywood_HOGan45

I thought bielema was better. I thought he was a great coach. After today I think he's just ok.  At a place like Arkansas we need a great coach to compete where we are.

Justagp

Ahh! I just want to scream!!! We can't go back in time and we can't fire CBB. So here's what may help my feelings of anger at this moment: Please replace our DC  and O-Line Coach!!! Thank you very much.

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 07:53:38 pm

Arkansas has challenges but it's still a top 25 type program.

Based on what, the last 25 years?

tcato

Rob Smith should be fired. Not only has our defense been horrible this year, we did not make any adjustments. We were one of the worst defenses in the nation and made no adjustments throughout the season. I understand that are best player of that side of the field, Dre Greenlaw, was injured for most of the year, but that is one player and can't be your excuse. I think Dan Enos should be kept, but something about him needs to change. He needs to look at film and realize the plays he's calling are not working. If that doesn't help him, let Bielema call the plays. Also, Bret Bielema should be kept, no doubt of that in my mind. When he came here, he had nothing and he progressed these players. Most of our stout players are either sophomores, like Raleigh Williams III, or freshman, like Devwah Whaley and Austin Cantrell. The future is good. As Razorback fans, we need to be patient and stop thinking that we will become a top team in the nation just like that. We may have gotten our hopes up, thinking this could be the year when we beat TCU on the road. Believe me, I'm mad as anyone about the loss today, but fans are too mad and needy. Just remember that we are still going to a decent bowl game.

Tusks

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 08:11:12 pm

Not everyone is an entrepreneur

Not everyone is a great football coach just because they have the title.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Großer Kriegschwein

Smith, Segrest and Hargreaves should go.

This is my non-signature signature.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2016, 09:53:05 pm
Based on what, the last 25 years?

You see Mizzous pathetic stadium and fans today?

NWUA is in a dumb spot but it still has great facilities and plays big time football.....zero reason they can find a few LBers somewhere.

IronHog

Quote from: colbs on November 25, 2016, 08:20:50 pm
Let's be real what has he done to prove that he would be good here?  Auburn gets top 10 classes and the last 3 years the most they have won was 8.  If he's been average at Auburn I doubt he will come to Arkansas and put them over the top. 

Think he's better fit than BB

Could be wrong

SCHawgfan

Ok really who would we hire as HC?? And none if this anyone would be better because that's BS. I'm tired of hearing about Pettino, he disrespected the university and the fans. Yet some of you would love to kiss his $&@@$&. Gus gets top 10 classes and wins what 8 games a yr. Sumlin about the same. If you told me say Gary Patterson, ok I like him, but he is not coming. He has a good gig at TCU.  So you better know who your gonna get and know!!! It will be better for sure.