Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Auburn: Auburn 56 Arkansas 3 10/22/16

Started by hamstring, October 22, 2016, 04:47:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

Quote from: pigmania on October 22, 2016, 07:06:33 pm
You're talking about a man who made a phone call to Rawleigh Williams the next morning after his injury last year to check on him. Yep, Gus is such a dirty coach. You are the reason why successful people from this state get the hell out. Cannibalism in Arkansas is rampant. Thank you for you redneck comment. It helps preserve keeping this state at the bottom of the barrel nationally.

Please, most coaches do that so dont make him out to be anymore the Saint that you already think he is.  I met him when he started little ole Hughes and he was an arrogant jack ass then and hasnt changed.  I also met him when he was coach at ASU and told a huge group of us on the day of the final game of the season that he wasnt leaving the for your information the "deal" had already been made to go to Auburn.  He is as crooked as they come.

thefisher

LAST FOUR YEAR RECRUITING CYCLE

ARKANSAS                   5* - 1                       4* - 5
AUBURN                       5* - 1                       4* - 12

ARKANSAS                   5* - 0                       4* - 7
AUBURN                        5* - 1                       4* - 20

ARKANSAS                   5* - 0                       4* - 4
AUBURN                        5* - 2                       4* - 11

ARKANSAS                    5* - 0                       4* - 4
AUBURN                         5* - 3                       4* - 8

FOUR YEAR RECRUITING CYCLE TOTALS

ARKANSAS                    5* - 1                        4* - 20

AUBURN                        5* - 7                        4* - 51

Those numbers are the real reason Arkansas is getting outplayed.

Quiet simply Auburn has almost triple the number of elite level players recruited over the last four year recruiting cycle. 

There is a limit to the amount coaching can overcome superior talent year after year.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: sickboy on October 22, 2016, 07:10:43 pm
Good break on the ball by Collins. I don't know why Auburn doesn't just run, run, run.

I would if I was them...
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on October 22, 2016, 06:47:33 pm
I wish they'd play Storey the second half.

:razorback:

Hold em here, get the ball back and score and we may get back in this thing.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: thefisher on October 22, 2016, 07:11:21 pm

Quiet simply Auburn has almost triple the number of elite level players recruited over the last four year recruiting cycle. 

There is a limit to the amount coaching can overcome superior talent year after year.

It is why every 3-4 seasons AU cycles up a good team with a ceiling higher than what we have shown in our good seasons. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jimbob111

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on October 22, 2016, 07:06:49 pm
At some point we will need to go for it when we get past the 50 yd. line. Why not try a little uptempo? We don't have time for 8 minute drives.

The long (timewise) drives are what made the Hogs lose so many close games in BB's first 2 years. TOP means crap when you need multiple scores and when you play hurry up teams who can score in under 2 minutes. Even Saban realizes the game has changed in how it can be played. TOP means jack squat if you don't score and the other team can and does score quick.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Danny J

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2016, 07:08:51 pm
I'm going to say this for the last time. We are getting beat on the line tonight on both sides. If you're going to b**** about the coaches then b**** about the recruiting. But the fact is we've had no break and we looked tired tonight and this is a bad matchup at the wrong time
I agree and the SEC has to stop doing things like scheduling a team coming off a by after 6 games against a team playing for 8th straight week. That has a lot to do with the way we look tonight. It just makes our mistakes look worse. We look really slow.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jfred59 on October 22, 2016, 07:11:14 pm
Please, most coaches do that so dont make him out to be anymore the Saint that you already think he is.  I met him when he started little ole Hughes and he was an arrogant jack ass then and hasnt changed.  I also met him when he was coach at ASU and told a huge group of us on the day of the final game of the season that he wasnt leaving the for your information the "deal" had already been made to go to Auburn.  He is as crooked as they come.

Maybe he was calling to get the information to release it before our coaches could.  Remember he and his coaches released the news about our TE having to have surgery before our coaches even had a press conference about it.  Gus has hung his hat with pond scum there in Auburn and it has rubbed off. 
Retired Radio Host

cosmodrum

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 22, 2016, 07:12:36 pm
Hold em here, get the ball back and score and we may get back in this thing.

Time keeps on slippin, slippin..
Go away, batin'

jfred59

Auburn player pay scale 5*
Arkansas player pay scale 0*

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: farmhawg on October 22, 2016, 07:11:10 pm
Maybe we could get Barry Alvarez to interview the next assistants for Cbb.....

.... posters  Where is Red? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Our lines are being manhandled

hogchic2001

Are you flipping kidding me.?.
Go HOGS Go!

cosmodrum

Oh look, a QB just having a 1st down.

Oh, and another one.
Go away, batin'

Bacons Rebellion

Well, they fooled us letting Franklin run the ball the first play he came in. Nobody could have thought they would do that.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Jimbob111 on October 22, 2016, 07:13:10 pm
The long (timewise) drives are what made the Hogs lose so many close games in BB's first 2 years. TOP means crap when you need multiple scores and when you play hurry up teams who can score in under 2 minutes. Even Saban realizes the game has changed in how it can be played. TOP means jack squat if you don't score and the other team can and does score quick.

The Frank they were.  Holy darn. 

jfred59

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on October 22, 2016, 07:13:22 pm
Maybe he was calling to get the information to release it before our coaches could.  Remember he and his coaches released the news about our TE having to have surgery before our coaches even had a press conference about it.  Gus has hung his hat with pond scum there in Auburn and it has rubbed off. 

Yep

The_Iceman

Maybe Bielema needs to look into this whole mobile QB thing.

LumberBacks

Got no speed.  Got no toughness.

Atlhogfan1

The tackling is awful. 

cosmodrum

Soft as a campfire marshmallow
Go away, batin'

ICEman

Tuning in and out stage of the game and maybe for the rest of the season.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

sickboy

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 22, 2016, 07:15:12 pm

We need a defense worse than an offense.

Hogz87

Well, hopefully we win out.  I'd call a 9-3 season a great success. 

Ben

Why not go for it? Defense can't stop them
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

TomasPistola

We need to recruit about 10 Linebackers.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hulk HOGan

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 22, 2016, 07:15:12 pm
Maybe he should look into the whole spread offense thing.

The_Iceman

Bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Makes you worry about next year with the bye week coming so early.

WPS007

Really going for it on 4 and goals and up 25

TNRazorbacker

Well we can say goodbye to the top 25 after this beat down. This is a damn embarrassment.

elksnort

Quote from: Danny J on October 22, 2016, 07:13:10 pm
I agree and the SEC has to stop doing things like scheduling a team coming off a by after 6 games against a team playing for 8th straight week. That has a lot to do with the way we look tonight. It just makes our mistakes look worse. We look really slow.
thanks for agreeing. Hey I get emotional as everyone else on here but it is what it is. We are simply getting beat at the point of attack. So many of the post call for firing this guy and firing that guy.

MemphisBossHog

this sums it up perfectly.  It is the EXACT reason why Ark needs to go over to the dark side.  Ole Miss did it and is getting top 10 recruiting classes.  When or if you get caught, you throw so much $$$ at the law firms that specialize in defending vs the NCAA.  Get your slap on the wrist and, if you are like Auburn, have fond memories of your national championship just a few years ago.

Somethings got to give.  If we actually do get a 4 or 5 star recruit, they play for a year or two and go pro leaving a gap at their position--see the OLine and Denver Kirkland.  In this day and age, you need multiple elite recruits, not just 1 here and there.

hogginbama

We have got to get away from this 2 LB scheme. We always get destroyed by being out of position with it.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

sickboy

Quote from: Hulk HOGan on October 22, 2016, 07:16:50 pm
Maybe he should look into the whole spread offense thing.

Again, running the spread isn't going to stop games like this from this happening. Defense is. We need to build an SEC West defense first. If we had that -- then the offense we're running would be more than potent.

wupigsuey

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 22, 2016, 07:13:43 pm
Time keeps on slippin, slippin..

..............into the futuuure
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

arlhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 22, 2016, 07:17:09 pm
Bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Makes you worry about next year with the bye week coming so early.
You don't think last week would have been better maybe????

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Ben on October 22, 2016, 07:16:41 pm
Why not go for it? Defense can't stop them

Whose side are you on? :)

LTCHawg

Going to switch over to the cubs game. Another poor showing against better talent. 

FATHAWG08

We are slow, weak & lost. Auburn is not that good. This is embarrassing!
I love off season Football!!

HogFansReunited

Wow, going for it on 4th and goal when you are up by 25. Talk about bad sportsmanship.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogchic2001

Great waste of a timeout there.
Go HOGS Go!

panhandlepig

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2016, 07:04:16 pm
Well - at least I can watch the Cubs maybe win tonight or hopefully LSU beat the dog out of Ole Miss.

Don't care About the Cubs, but Go Cubs.  Yep, Geaux Tigers. Hope we can watch a good game. This one sucks. Go Hogs. :razorback:

cosmodrum

Simple. They're playing a JV jr high defense.
Go away, batin'

BassinHawg

Rob Smith is in WAY over his freaking head!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2016, 07:12:43 pm
It is why every 3-4 seasons AU cycles up a good team with a ceiling higher than what we have shown in our good seasons. 
Fans don't recruit/sign players.  Jeff Long does not recruit/sign players. It's this coaching staff's job to get better recruits and they are paid handsomely to do so.  Every one wants to talk about how Auburn has better recruits than we do but no one mentions who's job it is to get better recruits.  We have fielded a defense that teams just toy with.  Our O-Line is laughable and is getting our QB hit/injured consistently.  We don't make half time adjustments. Our team comes out flat in a critical game that could decide second place(maybe even first) in the West and it doesn't look any better next year.  Who is responsible for this?

Jimbob111

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2016, 07:15:08 pm
The Frank they were.  Holy darn. 

Yes, they were. He would put together such slow drives that it burned too much clock and there wasn't time. How many games in 2013 and 2014 did the Hogs run out of time and lose by 1 score? Hogs would move the ball, score to bring the game close, then run out of time.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

hogchic2001

What an embarassment.....
Go HOGS Go!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

007 License To Squeal

Every person off the field knew their QB would run that play.....why didn't Smith know it?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******