Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my Favorite Hot Sauce 's

Started by DeltaBoy, October 18, 2017, 09:20:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Grizzlyfan

Anybody ever have the hot sauce the monks make down at Subiaco?

Boarcephus

Crystals is about all I use anymore.  Has the flavor without all the heat.

Grizzlyfan, what is the name of it and is it sold anywhere except Subiaco? 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 19, 2017, 10:23:21 am
Anybody ever have the hot sauce the monks make down at Subiaco?

What is it called??? The past 25 years in Texas has broaden the Hot sauce horizons.

I love Crystals with eggs. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

BR

Marie Sharp's Habanero Pepper Sauce is awesome, bring it back from Belize every year...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

zane

RIP LSUfan

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Hogs run wild

i like the mango habanero sauce you can get at slim's.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: zane on October 19, 2017, 04:35:26 pm
I love me some Cholula

I use the Lime Cholula in my chicken marinade.  We use it for all sorts of food.

HawgWild

I like a lot of the selections from Panola Pepper company -> http://www.panolapepper.com/store/hot-sauces?utm_source=mainSite&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=storeLink

I especially like their gourmet hot sauce on crab casserole. They'll custom make hot sauce with your label using your recipe with a 200 gallon order. BR, this sounds like something for you.

You can stop off at their place of business before or after you get your speeding ticket in Tallulah, LA. (Depends on which direction you're heading.)

DeltaBoy

Tapatio is great with Tomato soup. It made with Smoked Peppers .

Filthy_McSwine

This stuff is just awesome on chicken and pork.

Boarcephus

I found a new product today I'm anxious to try.  Zatarain's has always had top notch products, especially their new Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread mix, so I have little doubt this one will be a winner as well. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 29, 2017, 08:12:41 pm
I found a new product today I'm anxious to try.  Zatarain's has always had top notch products, especially their new Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread mix, so I have little doubt this one will be a winner as well. 
Interesting
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

spe450

DeltaBoy

Quote from: spe450 on October 30, 2017, 03:54:41 pm

Best flavor, best heat

I'm more about flavor than heat anymore.

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on October 30, 2017, 02:54:18 pm
Interesting

Need to try this BR.  Grilled oysters the other day and used this on them.  Pretty darn good.  Good flavor, decent heat but not overbearing heat.  I like it!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 05, 2017, 06:26:11 pm
Need to try this BR.  Grilled oysters the other day and used this on them.  Pretty darn good.  Good flavor, decent heat but not overbearing heat.  I like it!

Thanks Boar I will look for it at my HEB.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 06, 2017, 08:45:28 am
Thanks Boar I will look for it at my HEB.

What's HEB?  It's kind of a cross between Tabasco and Crystals. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 06, 2017, 08:58:55 am
What's HEB?  It's kind of a cross between Tabasco and Crystals. 

Howard E Butt Grocery Chain here in Texas based out of SA.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 06, 2017, 09:03:49 am

I'll be darned, never heard of them but I don't get to Texas much. We'll head to Kilgore before too long and they've got Brookshires.  Looks like HEB carries it and for less than I paid for it.  $1.18 is what they show.

DeltaBoy

Yes Brookshires is right down the road so I take a look see.

Bigfoot

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 06, 2017, 09:03:49 am

My wife and I were in Waco, Texas last week visiting her aunt and uncle. Her aunt took us into town showing us around and we stopped at an HEB. Probably the biggest grocery store I've ever been in. They had just about everything in there and then some.

DeltaBoy

HEB keeps Walmart Super Centers in check.

Großer Kriegschwein

The best hot sauce all depends on what you're eating.
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 29, 2017, 08:12:41 pm

Grabbed a bottle today!

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 02, 2017, 07:17:45 pm
Grabbed a bottle today!

Let me know what you think about it.  I think it's pretty good, not overly hot but has some flavor. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 02, 2017, 07:38:59 pm
Let me know what you think about it.  I think it's pretty good, not overly hot but has some flavor. 

Will do!

DeltaBoy

It great and I will not be buying any other like Crystal or Louisiana Brand Hot Sauce.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 23, 2017, 03:48:29 pm
The best hot sauce all depends on what you're eating.
This. I have Louisiana, Frank's, some I made from the garden, two flavors of cholula, sriracha..

DeltaBoy

I agree it depends on the food your eating .  I love the choices we have today vs the 1970's.

DeltaBoy

Gabbed a bottle of Peckapepper

oldman1015

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 31, 2018, 11:17:16 am
Pretty sure you can go to jail for that.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: oldman1015 on February 09, 2018, 10:22:18 am
Pretty sure you can go to jail for that.

Caught it on clearance for 75 cents.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 11, 2018, 01:24:20 pm
This. I have Louisiana, Frank's, some I made from the garden, two flavors of cholula, sriracha..

I require Tabasco for Jambalaya.

Tapatio for REAL Mexican food.

Cheap habanero sauce from Walmart for my greens (or Tabasco if it's not available)

Dave's Insane in chili

The list just goes on and on...

Cavender's however, absolutely, goes on chicken and pork chops. Period. 
This is my non-signature signature.

Bigfoot

I usually just stick to Louisiana or Tabasco. Nothing fancy or obscure.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Bigfoot on February 17, 2018, 08:12:13 pm
I usually just stick to Louisiana or Tabasco. Nothing fancy or obscure.

Expand your horizons.

PorkRinds

The "monk" hot sauce made in Arkansas at Subiafo is really tasty. It'll burn the hairs off your butt, but it's got great habanero flavor.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 21, 2018, 01:17:56 pm
The "monk" hot sauce made in Arkansas at Subiafo is really tasty. It'll burn the hairs off your butt, but it's got great habanero flavor.

I gotten too old for that.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 21, 2018, 03:26:03 pm
I gotten too old for that.

It's hot but it's super tasty. I love it on peas and beans. It's my jam.

pigture perfect

Quote from: BR on October 19, 2017, 02:27:15 pm
Marie Sharp's Habanero Pepper Sauce is awesome, bring it back from Belize every year...
this is the stuff. I know Marie. Sweet lady.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 21, 2018, 09:20:59 pm
It's hot but it's super tasty. I love it on peas and beans. It's my jam.

I used too but my GI track since I had my gall bladder out just wont take it anymore.

DeltaBoy

Got the kid home from college so it time to buy a pint of Hellmans and make the the College kid her Red Rooster Hellmans.

Jim Harris

I've become a big fan of Tiger sauce.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Jim Harris on May 16, 2018, 01:53:15 pm
I've become a big fan of Tiger sauce.

Tiger sauce got to be popular do to Johnny Trigger talking about it on BBQ Pitmasters. It is good.

theFlyingHog

Went to Chuy's yesterday(against my wishes, outvoted again). I thought it was crap and they didn't have a drop of hot sauce in the place.

Hogwop

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 19, 2017, 02:03:10 pm
I love Crystals with eggs.

I used to drink Crystals when I was a kid
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

ua_hogs

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 31, 2018, 11:17:16 am

Best way to eat pickapeppa is as a topping on a block of cream cheese with wheat thins.

old hog