Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How?

Started by Rock City Razorback, November 11, 2017, 02:19:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock City Razorback

How has this program fallen so far so fast? Granted, we were never great under CBB, but we were moving in a positive direction and were competitive every game. Now, they can't even run basic plays right without messing something up, collapse in the second half of every game, just look plain pitiful and noncompetitive on the field. How in the world did we get to this point? I have no hope for things getting any better any time soon because it doesn't seem a definite that Bret is gone at years end...

hog911

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 11, 2017, 02:19:29 pm
How has this program fallen so far so fast? Granted, we were never great under CBB, but we were moving in a positive direction and were competitive every game. Now, they can't even run basic plays right without messing something up, collapse in the second half of every game, just look plain pitiful and noncompetitive on the field. How in the world did we get to this point? I have no hope for things getting any better any time soon because it doesn't seem a definite that Bret is gone at years end...
It's hard to preach discipline and hard work when it appears you know nothing about either! His physical size would greatly impact his ability to go out recruit and develop players! He's listened to JL too long, no reason to care about winning when your boss doesn't!!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Beat to darn.

Lacking oline numbers and development

Not good defensively which is typical of our program.

WR play not good.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:32:05 pm
Beat to darn.

Lacking oline numbers and development

Not good defensively which is typical of our program.

WR play not good.

Yeah this.

A result of suspect recruiting.  For starters.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JackTNHogfan

Bert and Co. don't want to put forth the effort necessary to recruit and develop our players.  When the coaching staff doesn't feel any heat from the administration for results, why would they give it their all?  Why would they push themselves?  Why would they give a crap?

When it's all said and done watch them blame Arkansas for not providing the necessary resources and not putting them in a position to succeed.  We know it's not the truth, but watch, that will be their excuse.

rtr

First time we've seen Gragg, he has playmaking ability so coaches don't play him.  Actually he looks more like a wr than te.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

3Scoreand10

HOW?
The wrong coach was hired, that is how.

wachhog

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 11, 2017, 02:36:38 pm
Bert and Co. don't want to put forth the effort necessary to recruit and develop our players.  When the coaching staff doesn't feel any heat from the administration for results, why would they give it their all?  Why would they push themselves?  Why would they give a crap?

When it's all said and done watch them blame Arkansas for not providing the necessary resources and not putting them in a position to succeed.  We know it's not the truth, but watch, that will be their excuse.
I don't think the media will be buying anything he tries to sell this time around.  BB has exposed himself for what he was/is—Alvarez'  flunky who can't get it done on his own. Can't recruit without Wisconsin's storied reputation, can't retain competent assistant coaches, can't game plan and strategize, can't accept responsibility for his own shortcomings.  He is what he is, and everybody has figured him out.

farmhawg

Yes, he will end up in media, they will hail him as a great coach and he won't coach for a long time.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The real Hogules

The downfall began when CBB fired Chaney. Not because Chaney was all world as an OC, but when he canned Chaney the clock started ticking on Sam Pitman's exit. When Pitman knew he was leaving he basically stopped recruiting. No monster OL, no 1000 yard rushers. And here we are today.
Chaney and Pitman are back together at Georgia and not doing too shabby for themselves, or the Bulldogs from Athens!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

TheEnemy

Yeah its almost like we were too patient with him.

He decided that as long as he stayed positive everything would work out and just been cruising waiting for all the stars to align.