Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Bobby Petrino...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 28, 2017, 09:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

He lost to Wake Forrest,  with a Heisman Trophy winner.   Wow. 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

NuttinItUp

Wish he was still our coach, though.... :(

DLUXHOG

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 28, 2017, 09:27:00 pm
Wish he was still our coach, though.... :(

Ahhhh.... now we understand your agenda...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

King Kong

Made a terrible trade of DC's ending up with Peter Sirmen was a terrible hire

AirWarren

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 28, 2017, 09:26:13 pm

Hilarious.

checkraiser88

What was his record in the SEC? And did he lose to Toledo? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen..

NuttinItUp

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 28, 2017, 09:27:51 pm

Ahhhh.... now we understand your agenda...
What's my agenda? If you say a winning coach, you are right!

HoggyCat

He's still better than ernie's roommate.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

LZH

He is a fantastic coach, but what he did to our program he can kiss my phreaking ass.

HoggyCat

Quote from: King Kong on October 28, 2017, 09:28:11 pm

Equivalent of Rhodes.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

gchamblee

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 09:29:05 pm
What was his record in the SEC? And did he lose to Toledo? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen..

34-Fired

Bonehog

He did to our program?  He won is what he did. I would never begrudge him for knocking some down on the side.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

LZH

checkraiser88

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 09:32:21 pm
He is a fantastic coach, but what he did to our program he can kiss my phreaking ass.
[/quote

Did he fire himself? What did he do to our program?

gchamblee

hog of steele

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on October 28, 2017, 09:37:42 pm
your pot roast is probably dry

Let's leave my testosterone out of it dammit.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Bonehog on October 28, 2017, 09:34:57 pm
He did to our program?  He won is what he did. I would never begrudge him for knocking some down on the side.

You don't knock some down on the side when it's an employee.  That is how companies have to settle multiple lawsuits when the side meat gets tired of it and files a lawsuit against the company (UA) that allowed it to go on.

hogsanity

What you are seeing in UL is what, imo, we would have seen here after the bell cows of 10 and 11 left. He would have won 7 or 8 a year, would have had trouble with teams that had defensive speed, and would have never climbed to the top of the SEC hill, just like he will not climb to the top of the ACC hill.

Quote from: King Kong on October 28, 2017, 09:28:11 pm

When your entire focus is offense this happens, no one wants to try to coach the defense for you.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Bonehog

Great, I made a SJW mad on here, perfect! 
                      Joe Walsh

LZH

Petrino was an [CENSORED]. 90% of us on here knew that. But he knew how to coach and how to win, even if it took him a while to field a defense. All we want is another hot shot that knows his football and isn't intimidated by the big boys.

Bonehog

I would settle for someone with a pulse.
                      Joe Walsh

hogsanity

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 09:51:04 pm
Petrino was an [CENSORED]. 90% of us on here knew that. But he knew how to coach and how to win, even if it took him a while to field a defense. All we want is another hot shot that knows his football and isn't intimidated by the big boys.

So has he forgotten how to coach, since he is close to or under .500 in his last 12 games, and that is with the reigning heisman winner at QB.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Athog

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 28, 2017, 09:26:13 pm

Louisville defense was non existent!

LZH

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:01:43 pm
So has he forgotten how to coach, since he is close to or under .500 in his last 12 games, and that is with the reigning heisman winner at QB.

Not going to argue with this buddy. All I know is he turned our program around in four years. Fat boy has had five and we have declined. Take that anyway you want to.

hogsanity

Quote from: Athog on October 28, 2017, 10:04:52 pm
Louisville defense was non existent!

A Petrino team with no D, that is just not possible.

LZH

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

checkraiser88

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 10:08:23 pm
Not going to argue with this buddy. All I know is he turned our program around in four years. Fat boy has had five and we have declined. Take that anyway you want to.

Hey! Stop calling him Fat boy!  >:(

hogsanity

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 10:05:49 pm

2006/2007 18 wins

2010/2011 21 wins

Wow, what a turn around.

checkraiser88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:11:05 pm
2006/2007 18 wins

2010/2011 21 wins

Wow, what a turn around.

Nice selective data you found there, your bias sour grapes toward BP is clearly showing

go hogues

He'll be reenergized once he's wearing that Volunteer T on his hat next season.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 10:12:43 pm
Nice selective data you found there, your bias sour grapes toward BP is clearly showing

It is what he does. Just ignore him.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LZH

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 10:09:47 pm
Hey! Stop calling him Fat boy!  >:(

I have lost 75 pounds since I moved to Florida. So forgive me if I have a little of a jab at the big boys. I think I have earned it. Besides, look at his pictures when he got here and look at him now. Enough said.

hogsanity

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 10:12:43 pm

Just wondering what the great turnaround was.

A turnaround is what Frost has done at UCF, taking a program that went 0-12 the year before he showed up and being were they are today, or what Campbell is doing at ISU. Taking a program that won 18 games the 2 seasons before you arrived, and then winning 21 games in your 3rd and 4th season is not a turnaroud.

Now what he is in the midst of doing at UL could be a turnaround, after most of Strongs guys left, BP stared to fade.

checkraiser88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:17:54 pm
Just wondering what the great turnaround was.

A turnaround is what Frost has done at UCF, taking a program that went 0-12 the year before he showed up and being were they are today, or what Campbell is doing at ISU. Taking a program that won 18 games the 2 seasons before you arrived, and then winning 21 games in your 3rd and 4th season is not a turnaroud.

Now what he is in the midst of doing at UL could be a turnaround, after most of Strongs guys left, BP stared to fade.

The turnaround was us being 1 win a way from making the National Championship game(#1LSU vs #3 Arkansas on the last week of the season) instead of 7-5, 6-6 every year. I want that back!

Bonehog

To argue that BP was/is not a good coach is beyond stupid! Look at what he has done over his career. I would take him back in a heartbeat!
                      Joe Walsh

hogsanity

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 10:22:37 pm
The turnaround was us being 1 win a way from making the National Championship game(#1LSU vs #3 Arkansas on the last week of the season) instead of 7-5, 6-6 every year. I want that back!

Hogs were in the a similar situation in 2006, simply needing to beat LSu and win the seccg to be in the BCS title game.

I have always said BP was a good coach, BUT he did not do anything here that other coaches had not done before him.

hogsanity

Quote from: Bonehog on October 28, 2017, 10:27:03 pm
To argue that BP was/is not a good coach is beyond stupid! Look at what he has done over his career. I would take him back in a heartbeat!

And many UL fans would be glad to give him back.

LZH

Say what you want to, but with this team he would be chasing Alabama and Auburn in the west. Tell me I am wrong.

King Kong

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:28:56 pm
Hogs were in the a similar situation in 2006, simply needing to beat LSu and win the seccg to be in the BCS title game.

I have always said BP was a good coach, BUT he did not do anything here that other coaches had not done before him.

Finishing in the top 5 was different than the 4 HC before him

checkraiser88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:29:40 pm
And many UL fans would be glad to give him back.

Well we can trade then, they can take BB

Bonehog

At least with BP we would be solid on one side of the ball and could score. I would take that versus what we have.
                      Joe Walsh

Bonehog

UL fans hired him twice, must be something to that.
                      Joe Walsh

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2017, 10:09:40 pm
https://scout.com/college/louisville/Board/103994/Contents/12-Bad-Performances-In-Last-13-Games-109621710

So UL fans are surprised? His team is just like every team he has ever had, if they can not outscore you in a shootout they are not going to win.

Bonehog

Sort of like everyone else in the SEC playing Bama ball?  We will go slow for you. When you score points it gives you a better chance of winning, when you don't, not so much.
                      Joe Walsh

GoHogs1091

Quote from: go hogues on October 28, 2017, 10:13:37 pm
He'll be reenergized once he's wearing that Volunteer T on his hat next season.

Tennessee probably won't hire Robert.

Tennessee probably will not want to take on the baggage by hiring him, and Tennessee probably will want a solid defense.  Tennessee knows that a solid defense is a necessity in the SEC.

gbaurnett

Hollywood_HOGan45

First coach to lead us to a bcs bowl.
11 was our first top 5 finish since 1977.

Yea......

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS