Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU @ Georgia 6P EST SECN

Started by jbcarol, February 24, 2017, 07:45:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Last year at this time, JJ Frazier put Georgia on his back to make a late run at getting into the NCAA Tournament conversation.

He's looking to do the same now as Georgia has won three of its past four games with the lone loss coming in a close one against Kentucky.

QuoteFollowing Georgia's loss to Kentucky, J.J. Frazier criticized himself and apologized to his teammates for not being clutch enough with the game on the line. Considering how well he played then, he probably didn't need to.

But against Alabama, Frazier made sure he wouldn't have to do the same in consecutive games.

Frazier was Georgia's go-to scorer throughout the game, posting a game-high 28 points on 10-of-17 shooting. Whether it was a floater, a 3-pointer or tough take to the rim, Frazier's shots continued to fall.

It marked the third time in four games that Frazier scored 28 or more points. In a close win at Tennessee, Frazier scored 29. In the Kentucky defeat, Frazier dropped a season-high 36.

This time, however, Georgia didn't have junior forward Yante Maten available due to his severely sprained right knee.

Frazier was still able to do his work while being the focus of attention during the 37 minutes head coach Mark Fox had him on the floor.

"As a team we made big plays defensively," Frazier said. "Offensively, I got space and Coach called the right plays and I made some shots."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jason ButtVerified account‏@JasonHButt 4m4 minutes ago

Both free throws are good. UGA has an 81-80 lead over LSU with 1.6 seconds left.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jason ButtVerified account‏@JasonHButt 2m2 minutes ago

Ogbeide makes one and misses the other. LSU's deep attempt misses. UGA escapes with an 82-80 win.

dhizzle

I just want to say Frazier was not fouled.

jbcarol