Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M's Last Game

Started by jbcarol, February 22, 2017, 08:00:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/833692520261545985

QuoteCOLLEGE STATION - Tonny Trocha-Morelos has learned the hard way in practice, so the Texas A&M forward offered the Aggies' Southeastern Conference foes free advice Saturday:

If you're holding the ball with A&M freshman forward Robert Williams anywhere in the area, don't try shooting it.

"If I saw Robert, I would pass the ball, honestly," Trocha-Morelos said.

Williams blocked six shots in the Aggies' 81-62 whipping of Auburn on Saturday in Reed Arena, the most in eight years by an Aggie. And that wasn't even A&M's most impressive statistic of the day.

The Aggies shot 68.9 percent from the field (31-of-45), third best in school history, compared to 34.3 percent (23-of-67) for Auburn.

"We've struggled defensively," Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. "We thought we could disrupt them a little bit more than we did."

A&M's primary disruptor on defense, Williams collected the most blocks by an Aggie in a game since Chinemelu Elonu had six against Florida A&M in 2009.

"Admon Gilder and Tyler Davis are their two focal points," Pearl said of the A&M sophomores. "Williams is going to go in the lottery, and he's their third-best player. They're doing a good job developing him."

Zone effective...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgTrough

We opened as a 3 point favorite and the public is actually going heavily on the hogs pushing the spread to near 5. I wasn't sure if this was faith in us or a lack of faith for aTm.

It's really strange considering aTm played so well.
WPS

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HawgTrough on February 22, 2017, 08:22:38 am
We opened as a 3 point favorite and the public is actually going heavily on the hogs pushing the spread to near 5. I wasn't sure if this was faith in us or a lack of faith for aTm.

It's really strange considering aTm played so well.
well they are mediocre, and missing two key players and we are playing at home, how does this surprise you?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgTrough

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 22, 2017, 08:25:30 am
well they are mediocre, and missing two key players and we are playing at home, how does this surprise you?

The few times that public has went heavily on the hogs this year, they've been burned more times than not.
WPS

Sho Nuff

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/TexAgs/status/834160578390323204

QuoteA&M finally proved exactly what it can do. Now the Aggies just have to prove they can do it again.

A&M (14-12, 6-8) posted its most impressive Southeastern Conference basketball outing last Saturday in an 81-68 thrashing of Auburn, in which the Aggies shot nearly 70-percent from the field and hit nine 3-point goals.

But was that a team that just got hot or a team about to start a hot streak? That answer will come on the road Wednesday night against an opponent on a hot streak of its own. Arkansas (20-7, 9-5) has won its last three, risen into a tie for fourth in the SEC standings and is considered a strong contender to land an NCAA Tournament berth.

The Razorbacks have averaged 85.6 points in those three wins. Guards Daryl Macon, Dusty Hannahs and Jaylen Barford and center Moses Kingsley all have scored in double-figures in that span.

"I think they're hot," A&M coach Billy Kennedy said...

"We're going to need to score," he said. "You get opportunities to score in transition against them. We need to make good decisions and put the ball in the hole. You've got to take good shots against them. If the game is in the 80s or 90s we're in trouble."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgTrough

WPS

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 22, 2017, 08:37:27 am
Who are they missing?
from  beginning of year, beat player got hurt I can't remember his name which is why a walk on starts at the point sometimes, and now Hogg is out for season
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"