Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another big SEC injury....

Started by Hawg Red, February 20, 2017, 10:35:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Three straight years our final opponent will be missing a key player. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The_Iceman

We need 3 wins to finish the year. Two of those teams just lost their star big men. Hopefully that will allow Moses to control the paint. If we finished 3 of 4, we are in the NCAAT for sure. 4 of 4 might get us a pretty high seed.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 20, 2017, 10:45:18 am
We need 3 wins to finish the year. Two of those teams just lost their star big men. Hopefully that will allow Moses to control the paint. If we finished 3 of 4, we are in the NCAAT for sure. 4 of 4 might get us a pretty high seed.
Just gotta keep that good zone going so we can PROTECT the paint!! A&M should be a win, Auburn gonna be tough, Florida gonna be tough, should win against Georgia. Gotta win one of the two 50/50 games
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

King Kong

hogsanity

February 20, 2017, 11:23:16 am #5 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:42:03 am by hogsanity
Quote from: The_Iceman on February 20, 2017, 10:45:18 am

I do not see them rising above an 8 seed unless they get to the finals of the sect.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2017, 11:23:16 am
I do not see them rising above an 8 seed unless they get to the finals of the ncaat.
SC was a 6 seed and we about to surpass them, 4 of 4 will get you a 6/7 seed and more wins in SEC  tourney will increase even more
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

chubrick

What would 2 and 2 get us? And 1 tournament win?

FraggleHog

Quote from: chubrick on February 20, 2017, 11:47:09 am
What would 2 and 2 get us? And 1 tournament win?

I think we stay 9-11 seed with that scenario... Which I predict happening
Calling the Hogs from DFW

King Kong

GuvHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 20, 2017, 11:49:37 am
I think we stay 9-11 seed with that scenario... Which I predict happening

If this Hog team keeps playing as well as they have the last 2 games there is no reason why they shouldn't finish at least 3-1 in regular season play and get a bye to the Quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lynbug

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 20, 2017, 10:35:04 am
https://twitter.com/BobHoltADG/status/833714475064778752
The future is looking favorable for the Hogs.  That does not mean that I'm happy those young men got injured.  It's just advantageous for us.

Hawg4life33

It is just such a weak bubble that I think 2-2 and an SEC win makes us close to a lock. There are just so few mid-major locks meaning no bid-stealers. On top of that the American, Atlantic 10 and Mountain West who are usually strong multi-bid leagues may get 2 teams in tops.  Never seen so many 10, 11, 12 loss teams still hanging around at this point in the year with two full weeks left.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: lynbug on February 20, 2017, 12:26:15 pm
The future is looking favorable for the Hogs.  That does not mean that I'm happy those young men got injured.  It's just advantageous for us.

I'm not sad that it happened though, better them than us. Besides, those guys are young. They will snap back better than ever. They have their whole lives in front of them so no need to waste any sympathy on them or their teams.

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 20, 2017, 01:05:23 pm
I'm not sad that it happened though, better them than us. Besides, those guys are young. They will snap back better than ever. They have their whole lives in front of them so no need to waste any sympathy on them or their teams.

anything to make things easier for Mike to stay employed, eh?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lynbug

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2017, 02:14:11 pm
He is catching a few lucky breaks.  Let's see if he can make the most of them.

gmarv

Quote from: lynbug on February 20, 2017, 04:01:59 pm
He is catching a few lucky breaks.  Let's see if he can make the most of them.
His and our lucky break maybe that he is onto something with the zone d. and Trey seeming to be coming on strong now.

LRHawg

Vandy came to Bud minus their best player and stomped a hole in our chests. If we win, it will be because we played well and were the better team. Not taking anything away from our guys, if so. You play the team in front of you. If we lose, same scenario. No excuses just win baby.

discombobulationist

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 20, 2017, 01:05:23 pm

Classy
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: LRHawg on February 20, 2017, 05:08:28 pm
Vandy came to Bud minus their best player and stomped a hole in our chests. If we win, it will be because we played well and were the better team. Not taking anything away from our guys, if so. You play the team in front of you. If we lose, same scenario. No excuses just win baby.

We played dang near a whole season without Marshawn Powell and I don't recall anyone throwing a pity party for us. These late season injuries are unfortunate but are a part of the game. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the bug doesn't bite us.

hogfanny

Quote from: LRHawg on February 20, 2017, 05:08:28 pm
I'm glad you pointed that out. I have learned that hoping for a sure win just because of a team losing a player or being winless up to game day is a sure way to get upset or disappointed. Play every game like it is your last one, cause it may be!!!!!!!!!!!

FineAsSwine

Nope. Just not invested in what goes on with other teams. We got our own to worry about.

King Kong

Anything that is better for the University of Arkansas

Hawg Red

Alright, alright, guys.

The general point here was that the Hogs have seemingly endured many bad breaks over the years. It's good to get some breaks in our favor at this crucial time. Whatever gets us by. That's part of the game. As mentioned, we lost Powell in Mike's first season. Who knows what would have happened with him healthy all season. And, yes, Vanderbilt came in here with their top scorer and beat us handily, so nothing is a given. But we are gelling, clicking and rolling right now. We can take advantage of these breaks in a big way.

The Hogfather

I think 2 wins gets us in.  Period.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 20, 2017, 07:21:22 pm
I think 2 wins gets us in.  Period.
Don't wanna find out if this is correct or not.  Period.

Dominicanhog

you should try and and let go of that bitterness.. 

deserthog

I have mixed feelings seeing so many prominent SEC players getting these end-of-season injuries. While it may help our team in head-to-head battles, I've been so entrenched in pulling for all SEC teams in the tournament. It's given me teams to pull for during our down years. Go Hogs and Go SEC!

biglewhog77

GrizzlyRider07

So is there any news on that Berry kid from Florida's injury he had the other night?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Hawg Red

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on February 21, 2017, 03:13:57 pm
So is there any news on that Berry kid from Florida's injury he had the other night?

Game-time decision for tonight's game vs. South Carolina.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 20, 2017, 10:50:48 am
Just gotta keep that good zone going so we can PROTECT the paint!! A&M should be a win, Auburn gonna be tough, Florida gonna be tough, should win against Georgia. Gotta win one of the two 50/50 games
22-9 regular season still gets us in.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

GoshenHog

I predict Maten will play against the Hogs.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GoshenHog on February 21, 2017, 10:37:58 pm
I predict Maten will play against the Hogs.
I think they will try to make sure he's healthy for the SEC tournament so they can try to make a run at the SEC title. That will be the only way they can get into the NCAA tournament.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"