Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future Scheduling (TCU and Michigan)

Started by YodaHog, December 31, 2014, 01:04:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YodaHog

It is interesting the home/home we currently have scheduled with these two programs in 2016-2019 given the powerhouse that TCU currently is and the hiring of Harbaugh at Michigan.

Will make for some great non-conf matchups barring any changes to future schedules.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/arkansas-razorbacks.php

ricepig

Quote from: YodaHog on December 31, 2014, 01:04:17 pm
It is interesting the home/home we currently have scheduled with these two programs in 2016-2019 given the powerhouse that TCU currently is and the hiring of Harbaugh at Michigan.

Will make for some great non-conf matchups barring any changes to future schedules.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/arkansas-razorbacks.php

Yep, I don't want any bitching about playing some FCS in those years....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2014, 01:06:47 pm
Yep, I don't want any bitching about playing some FCS in those years....
Instant Bant..! And since we're not moderators We will have to track you down and smash you computers and phones... Sorry in advance Downer's..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tim Harris

Can't wait for the Michigan series. I'm planning on making that trip.

holman24

And we thought we had a tough schd this year!  Geez

Atlhogfan1

TCU is not a powerhouse.  They were 6-12 the previous 2 seasons in the B12.  They have a very good team this season and are extremely well coached.  Wouldn't want to open the season with them because of that.  They are Boise-like in this sense in that they can be very well prepared for a game where they can focus a lot of time. 

Timing not looking good now to play Michigan.  Hopefully we will be in one of our up cycles. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 31, 2014, 01:08:22 pm
Instant Bant..! And since we're not moderators We will have to track you down and smash you computers and phones... Sorry in advance Downer's..!
Sorry, but I can't agree on the "no bitching" aspect of this thread. Still have a ton of folks on here complaining that despite the SECw gauntlet we played this year, and the overall top one or two most difficult rated schedule this season, we still don't do enough to play "top teams" out of conference. While I realize each year's strength differs, to bitch and moan that we don't play a more difficult overall schedule is ludicrous!

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 01:11:43 pm

Yeah, me too. I wouldn't care to play ND some day to go there, my brother is a big OU fan and they went and said it was worth it.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 01:11:43 pm

Would love to see the Big House
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Hawghiggs

I will always hate playing an FCS program.

arkbadger

Quote from: wupigsuey on December 31, 2014, 01:29:15 pm

I've heard it's pretty underwhelming, but I will be going nonetheless
You can keep that skoal baby.

The_Iceman

mhuff

Quote from: wupigsuey on December 31, 2014, 01:29:15 pm

Doesn't the Big House hold 103 or 108 thousand people? Sounds impressive to me.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 31, 2014, 01:12:15 pm
TCU is not a powerhouse.  They were 6-12 the previous 2 seasons in the B12.  They have a very good team this season and are extremely well coached.  Wouldn't want to open the season with them because of that.  They are Boise-like in this sense in that they can be very well prepared for a game where they can focus a lot of time. 

Timing not looking good now to play Michigan.  Hopefully we will be in one of our up cycles. 

Timing is perfect to play Michigan.  Both coaches will have time to have all their players in place and their program installed. That's the type of game players want to play in; big name opponent, national coverage, national implications. 

If fans are afraid of the Hogs playing in a game like this then those fans need to find a "game" where scores aren't kept and winners aren't declared.

arkbadger

Quote from: mhuff on December 31, 2014, 01:51:54 pm

from what I have heard it's a much bigger War Memorial without the noise level of WM.  it's impressive by the amount of people it holds only.
You can keep that skoal baby.

wupigsuey

Quote from: mhuff on December 31, 2014, 01:51:54 pm

Yeah, 109 I read with 115 most attended. Yes, it's old but the history there is impressive.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 31, 2014, 02:01:10 pm
Timing is perfect to play Michigan.  Both coaches will have time to have all their players in place and their program installed. That's the type of game players want to play in; big name opponent, national coverage, national implications. 

If fans are afraid of the Hogs playing in a game like this then those fans need to find a "game" where scores aren't kept and winners aren't declared.

From that viewpoint, you are correct.  It is a chance for a marquee matchup and will be a great home atmosphere hopefully in an expanded RRS.

Not afraid.  We need games like this every so often. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.