Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why did last season

Started by BigDrDon, December 31, 2014, 11:13:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDrDon

seem to last twice as long as this one, and the one before that even longer? Am I just gettin old or what?
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

Idahog

I compare last season and the one before that to getting water boarded for 2 years...  so glad they are over but felt like I was drowning forever.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Doug

The 2013-14 season seemed long because of how rough it was for the Hogs.

The 2014-15 season was legitimately longer this year (two bye weeks, instead of the traditional 1).

Anyone that didn't enjoy this season (not just the Hogs, but ALL of CFB) really didn't follow along. There were so many fantastic games this year... even for the teams that didn't even reach 4 wins.

Hands down, I think this will go into the history books as one of the most exciting seasons ever.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Wild Boarnado

I agree with you Doug. This has been one of the best, most exciting college football seasons I can ever remember. I shore hate that it is almost over. September can't get here quick enough for me.

~*~

Arkansas 31
Texa$$     7

I just love saying that!

WPS!!!!

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

RazrRila99

Goes back to the saying time flies when you're having fun.  This year was fun, even the games we ended up just behind at 0:00. 

When you are wallowing in whatever 2012/2013 seasons were it seems to take forever to get out.  Kinda like quicksand.  This year the team kept fighting, no giving up, which made it so much more fun.

Idahog

Quote from: Doug on December 31, 2014, 11:23:44 am
The 2013-14 season seemed long because of how rough it was for the Hogs.

The 2014-15 season was legitimately longer this year (two bye weeks, instead of the traditional 1).

Anyone that didn't enjoy this season (not just the Hogs, but ALL of CFB) really didn't follow along. There were so many fantastic games this year... even for the teams that didn't even reach 4 wins.

Hands down, I think this will go into the history books as one of the most exciting seasons ever.

Agreed, lot of high points, excitement, and fun :)
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Idahog on December 31, 2014, 11:15:20 am
I compare last season and the one before that to getting water boarded for 2 years...  so glad they are over but felt like I was drowning forever.
This.... And you ARE getting older... HA HA HA HA HA..!!!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.