Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randy Shannon

Started by Tim Harris, December 31, 2014, 09:17:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dhornjr1

Quote from: Kevin on December 31, 2014, 09:33:30 am
Get Greg schiano to coach lb's

Has Gruden been spotted at Powerhouse Seafood yet?

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 31, 2014, 10:26:48 am
Well,probably, goodbye Jalen Merrick.

Merrick was coming because of Pittman. If he know ends up at Florida, then you're correct.

GuvHog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 31, 2014, 10:01:34 am
Does it matter? The dude is going home.

bp

If Randy takes a job higher than a Linebacker coach, he will lose his buyout from Miami. If he's going to Florida, I seriously doubt it's to take the DC job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Randy was not recruiting Jalen

wupigsuey

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 31, 2014, 10:16:06 am
Hard to believe CRS would take a "lateral position" at Florida when the LB corps he just established is about to reap all the rewards of the hard work he sowed.  Why would you start all over again when your program (he's the Assistant Head Coach) is on the verge of winning championships?  Makes you wonder (if true) what the real reason is for the move to Florida.

Chance to go back home, maybe? That and the fact it's 30 degrees here and 50 degrees there.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Kevin

Pittman & cbb are recruiting him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RussVegas Hawg

Pittman? Just like with Kirkland

yraciv

Quote from: memphishog on December 31, 2014, 09:28:06 am
from the cal SB Nation blog when Buh was removed from Sonny Dykes staff earlier this year:

"Buh will not find many supporters for keeping him on staff. In his one year stint as Cal defensive coordinator, he presided over the worst defense in Golden Bear history, one that showed minimal improvement and often put the offense in huge holes minutes into the game. While Buh did have to adapt to a set of disastrous injuries to Cal starters, what he got out of their replacements was close to nothing. Cal's defense pretty much precluded them from being competitive in almost any of their games last season, losing by two touchdowns or more in all but one of their losses last season (and losing by three scores or more in eight of their nine losses in their 0-9 Pac-12 campaign)."

That Cal defense he ran was awful, no doubt about that, but it is not like he was given a lot to work with. The 2012 Cal Defense was 84th in the country, so not a lot of talent to begin with. Throw in they lost mostly their entire secondary and were switching to a 4-3 defense it was going to be tough. Then there best player a DT goes down to injury, and they kick their next best player a LB off the team.  That defense was bound to be a train wreck.

On the positive, I do know Chris Borland had a great NFL season this year and was under Buh's tutelage.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on December 31, 2014, 10:13:37 am
All this is still "per a source". Ive learned to take the stories that come out "per a source" especially via a sports blog, with a gain of salt.

Brett McMurphy wouldn't put it out there if it wasn't true

forrest city joe

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 10:22:18 am
4 FL kids are scheduled to visit the weekend of Jan 16
Is FL even recruiting any of these 4? other than Merrick who has already visited. i don't think any of the 4 have an offer from FL. him leaving may very well hurt with the 4 FL players. but so be it. nothing we can do about it.our coaches will go out and get us other good players.

Pathogen

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 31, 2014, 10:16:06 am
Hard to believe CRS would take a "lateral position" at Florida when the LB corps he just established is about to reap all the rewards of the hard work he sowed.  Why would you start all over again when your program (he's the Assistant Head Coach) is on the verge of winning championships?  Makes you wonder (if true) what the real reason is for the move to Florida.

This is not a lateral move for him. And he coached in the state of Florida for 25 years.  25 years.

Tim Harris

Quote from: GuvHog on December 31, 2014, 10:28:59 am
If Randy takes a job higher than a Linebacker coach, he will lose his buyout from Miami. If he's going to Florida, I seriously doubt it's to take the DC job.

How many times are people going to trot this one out there with nothing to back it up.

They already have their DC hired.

ricepig

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Arkansas LB coach Randy Shannon will join Jim McElwain's defensive staff at #UF, source tells @FoxSports. 1st reported by 247.

hoglady

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 31, 2014, 10:03:19 am
I went ape-poop nuts when Robb Smith was hired......I was stupid.  Don't be stupid

If the Robb Smith and Jennings hire didn't convince folks on here that Beliema knows what he's doing when hiring defensive coaches nothing will.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

IBleedRazorbackRed

Shannon wasn't merrick's recruiter

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 31, 2014, 10:29:49 am
Pittman? Just like with Kirkland

Shannon brought in Kirkland.

But Shannon has not been recruiting Jalen

GuvHog

Quote from: Pathogen on December 31, 2014, 10:30:24 am
This is not a lateral move for him. And he coached in the state of Florida for 25 years.  25 years.

How is it not a lateral move???

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 31, 2014, 10:24:05 am
https://arkansas.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Year=2015&Sport=1&Coach=1241  How about this guy. I would love nothing more than to stick it to Nebraska.
Ewwww. I know you are just spit ballin, but, mediocre LB coach is 3star fail in recruiting. How you whiff on 3 stars.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GuvHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 10:30:42 am
How many times are people going to trot this one out there with nothing to back it up.

They already have their DC hired.

That's what I thought.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: GuvHog on December 31, 2014, 10:32:12 am
How is it not a lateral move???

He just told you. Dude is going to be closer to home. That makes it not a lateral move

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 31, 2014, 10:31:00 am
Shannon brought in Kirkland.

But Shannon has not been recruiting Jalen

Pittman helped with Kirkland as he does with every OL recruit

hoglady

Is anyone actually surprised that Shannon would go back to the state of Florida when given the opportunity?
It's home.
I was shocked we able to get him in the first place and thankful for the 2 years we had him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 31, 2014, 10:34:38 am
Pittman helped with Kirkland as he does with every OL recruit

Pittman helped. But Kirkland is on record crediting Shannon as his reason for attending Arkansas.

Please see his interview below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2MPYFgprA

Craig O Squeal

Gruden for LB coach. Book it!

Craig O Squeal

Heck, let's go get sexy Rexy before the Falcons make a move! :)

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hoglady on December 31, 2014, 10:35:30 am
Is anyone actually surprised that Shannon would go back to the state of Florida when given the opportunity?
It's home.
I was shocked we able to get him in the first place and thankful for the 2 years we had him.

At least two posters on here

bulldog04

How about Lance Thompson at Bama?

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 31, 2014, 10:32:46 am
Ewwww. I know you are just spit ballin, but, mediocre LB coach is 3star fail in recruiting. How you whiff on 3 stars.

https://arkansas.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Year=2015&Sport=1&Coach=452  Better or worse?  Diaz does know the Louisiana/Texas area and you would have to think he would want another chance after that UT wreck.

TDHawgs

Didn't he stay at TCU for like 2 years also? I figured he wouldn't stay long here either and was right. Oh well, he did a great job while he was here, we will miss him, but I'm sure Bielema will get the right guy for the job!

yraciv

Really Kirkland is the only big time FL recruit Shannon has got us in recent memory.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking our other FL guys that were not 4 or 5 stars because I'm excited to see what guys like Brown, Floyd, & Ramsey do in the future, but that is only 1 we knocked off the big in state schools for in the last 3 years for because of Shannon and it doesn't appear that was going to happen again this year.  Sure Shannon got us in the door and got us visits from other big time prospects, but Kirkland is easily his biggest recruiting win.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: yraciv on December 31, 2014, 10:39:45 am
Really Kirkland is the only big time FL recruit Shannon has got us in recent memory.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking our other FL guys that were not 4 or 5 stars because I'm excited to see what guys like Brown, Floyd, & Ramsey do in the future, but that is only 1 we knocked off the big in state schools for in the last 3 years for because of Shannon and it doesn't appear that was going to happen again this year.  Sure Shannon got us in the door and got us visits from other big time prospects, but Kirkland is easily his biggest recruiting win.

Shannon is also a great talent evaluater. So when coley, ramsey, and brown are making plays in the future, remember that was Shannon's evaluation

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 31, 2014, 10:27:08 am
Good riddence.

Well, it's nice to see you're complimenting your bozo attitude with bozo spelling.  At least you're consistent. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: bulldog04 on December 31, 2014, 10:37:59 am
How about Lance Thompson at Bama?

If he would come that would be amazing. Amazing recruiter

Would piss the Chaney haters off. Giving him 2 very close friends on staff

WilsonHog

I'm not sure why people keep saying this is a lateral move. Shannon's roots are in Florida.

Home is home.

That is the exact reason why, when Kirk Ferentz leaves Iowa, it will not surprise me at all if Bret returns to Iowa City. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 31, 2014, 10:43:38 am
I'm not sure why people keep saying this is a lateral move. Shannon's roots are in Florida.

Home is home.

That is the exact reason why, when Kirk Ferentz leaves Iowa, it will not surprise me at all if Bret returns to Iowa City. 

More likely a Stoops brother that is on the hot seat

forrest city joe

Quote from: hoglady on December 31, 2014, 10:30:46 am
If the Robb Smith and Jennings hire didn't convince folks on here that Beliema knows what he's doing when hiring defensive coaches nothing will.
+1000. right on the money.and don't forget he hired a very good DL coach in Rory
segrest.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 31, 2014, 10:03:19 am
I went ape-poop nuts when Robb Smith was hired......I was stupid.  Don't be stupid
Yes
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

lahawg1

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 31, 2014, 10:38:14 am
https://arkansas.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Year=2015&Sport=1&Coach=452  Better or worse?  Diaz does know the Louisiana/Texas area and you would have to think he would want another chance after that UT wreck.

For a LB coach I could be on board with him.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: yraciv on December 31, 2014, 10:39:45 am

Jojo was a highly rated kid as well. Shannon has been pretty darn good for us.

But time to move on

Hawgzinbowlz

Glad for the time Coach Shannon helped us get back on track.

CBB will have Florida covered.

Gainesville, Florida 66 degrees today.

If this is true, Thanks Coach Shannon, for the time you were a Hog, and success in your future.

" GO HOGS "

Hook 'em Hogs

If true, congrats, Coach Shannon!  You were here a year longer than I expected you to be and we are a better team for your efforts.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hoglady on December 31, 2014, 10:30:46 am
This guy knows how to hire assistants.  Just look at all of the guys he has hired that have gone on to bigger and better things.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on December 31, 2014, 10:47:13 am
If true, congrats, Coach Shannon!  You were here a year longer than I expected you to be and we are a better team for your efforts.
+1000. wish coach Shannon and his family well. he gave us 2 good years.

josh_sec33

Thank you Coach Shannon.

If he is the only coach we lose this cycle, then it looks to be a great year next year with the improvement ive seen this season.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

trashcan maN

Home is home.

People are saying it's a lateral move, because he is taking the same primary position at another location.

Not moving up or down = lateral.

Chief Mac

According to the other board, it wasn't about money as the UofA could match what was offered.  It was about being back in Florida
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

urkillnmesmalls

I hate to see him go.  IMO, he's responsible for considerable development and improvement in all of our LB's.  Dramatic improvement.  I'm not saying there's no one out there who can duplicate that success, but I am saying that getting someone with his ties, background, prestige, and knowledge will not be easy.

He definitely deserves credit for helping get things going in the right direction, and it's hard to blame him for wanting to move back closer to home.  The good news is, BB is used to having to hire good assistants, and I'm confident that he'll find someone to continue where Shannon left off.  It was somewhat of a coup just to get him here in the first place, and I'm thankful for his efforts.  As someone else said, Good luck, but not too much luck!     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ricepig

Home is home.

Hmm, sort of, Bret was born in Illinois, but graduated from Iowa. Randy is a Miami man in both, but the job is in Florida. Now as far as following Ferentz at Iowa, who knows??

deedster84

Arkansas: Per source, Bret Bielema plans to hire former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh to fill the open position on the defensive staff.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

BR

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 3m3 minutes ago

Per source, former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh will join the staff at Arkansas http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Arkansas: Per source, Bret Bielema plans to hire former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh to fill the open position on the defensive staff.

Randy Shannon: Per Robbie Neiswanger who covers Arkansas, Randy Shannon's buyout at Arkansas drops from $100,000 to $50,000 at midnight tonight. With multiple outlets now confirming the hire, it will be interesting to see how Florida / Shannon / Arkansas agreed to address the buyout. Will update once that information is available.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"