Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randy Shannon

Started by Tim Harris, December 31, 2014, 09:17:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Harris

Maybe it won't get locked this time.

Arkansas: Don't be surprised if Bielema targets former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh as a replacement for Randy Shannon. Buh was part of Bielema's staff at Wisconsin. Keep track of open FBS assistant jobs here.

Florida: Arkansas linebackers / senior associate head coach Randy Shannon will join Florida's staff as linebackers coach, according to ESPN's Brett McMurphy. The news was first reported by the Florida blog In All Kinds Of Weather. Keep track of new coaching staffs here.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Tim Harris

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN  9m9 minutes ago
Arkansas asst/former UM coach Randy Shannon will be Florida LB coach source told @ESPN. 1st reported by @Brody_IAKOW

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HOGINTENNESSEE

This is all I have been asking for. Brett McMurphy is credible

Hate to see him go but he will be much closer to home.

WilsonHog

Brett McMurphy from ESPN will work.

wupigsuey

Buyout 100K today, 50K tommorow
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

HF#1

Murph is referencing the same guy that reported Mullen was going to be the next HC at Florida.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

yraciv

Appreciate all Randy Shannon has done to help rebuild this program.  Full faith in Bielema to get us a solid replacement.

Mike_e

Thanks for all you've done for us coach Shannon.

Good luck in your new endeavor.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

WilsonHog

From Coaching Search:

"Arkansas: Don't be surprised if Bielema targets former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh as a replacement for Randy Shannon. Buh was Bielema's linebackers coach at Wisconsin in 2012."

grayhawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 09:17:33 am
Maybe it won't get locked this time.

Arkansas: Don't be surprised if Bielema targets former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh as a replacement for Randy Shannon. Buh was part of Bielema's staff at Wisconsin. Keep track of open FBS assistant jobs here.

Florida: Arkansas linebackers / senior associate head coach Randy Shannon will join Florida's staff as linebackers coach, according to ESPN's Brett McMurphy. The news was first reported by the Florida blog In All Kinds Of Weather. Keep track of new coaching staffs here.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker
I mentioned this yesterday, but this all goes back to this Brody tweet, I ask who is this Brody guy?

colbs

Does Buh have recruiting ties to Florida?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 31, 2014, 09:22:21 am
From Coaching Search:

"Arkansas: Don't be surprised if Bielema targets former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh as a replacement for Randy Shannon. Buh was Bielema's linebackers coach at Wisconsin in 2012."

Buh was originally mentioned with Partridge, Ash and Hammock as the coaches he wanted to take with him to Arkansas

Jimmy Chitwood

I like reading the coaching search guy, but with every hire for us he goes straight to someone that used to work at Wisconsin. Bielema has shown no desire to go in that direction with anything other than his original staff. Hell I could do that job if all it is is conjecture based on who used to work for whom at which school.
Good things come to those who wait, but only what's left behind by those that hustle.

PonderinHog

After reading that long story about everything Coach Shannon has been through, I can only wish him one thing.  Peace, coach, peace.

HF#1

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 31, 2014, 09:22:21 am
From Coaching Search:

"Arkansas: Don’t be surprised if Bielema targets former Cal defensive coordinator Andy Buh as a replacement for Randy Shannon. Buh was Bielema’s linebackers coach at Wisconsin in 2012."

Buh isn't even coaching anymore.  Cal reassigned him did they not?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HF#1 on December 31, 2014, 09:24:37 am

That is correct

ldfergu

Quote from: Mike_e on December 31, 2014, 09:22:12 am

WilsonHog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 31, 2014, 09:24:37 am

They did, last spring, I believe.

HF#1

HF#1

If he isn't good enough to coach for Cal, then he damn sure isn't good enough for Arkansas.

Tim Harris

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 31, 2014, 09:24:03 am
Buh was originally mentioned with Partridge, Ash and Hammock as the coaches he wanted to take with him to Arkansas

Buh probably would have been here had he not been named DC at Cal.

The_Iceman

memphishog

from the cal SB Nation blog when Buh was removed from Sonny Dykes staff earlier this year:

"Buh will not find many supporters for keeping him on staff. In his one year stint as Cal defensive coordinator, he presided over the worst defense in Golden Bear history, one that showed minimal improvement and often put the offense in huge holes minutes into the game. While Buh did have to adapt to a set of disastrous injuries to Cal starters, what he got out of their replacements was close to nothing. Cal's defense pretty much precluded them from being competitive in almost any of their games last season, losing by two touchdowns or more in all but one of their losses last season (and losing by three scores or more in eight of their nine losses in their 0-9 Pac-12 campaign)."

fullfan

Hope this does not impact Derrick Graham's commitment!  Coach B said earlier there might be one change in the staff due to guys having so many connections.  If the Shannon deal turns true maybe it will be the only change.

The_Iceman

Quote from: memphishog on December 31, 2014, 09:28:06 am
from the cal SB Nation blog when Buh was removed from Sonny Dykes staff earlier this year:

"Buh will not find many supporters for keeping him on staff. In his one year stint as Cal defensive coordinator, he presided over the worst defense in Golden Bear history, one that showed minimal improvement and often put the offense in huge holes minutes into the game. While Buh did have to adapt to a set of disastrous injuries to Cal starters, what he got out of their replacements was close to nothing. Cal's defense pretty much precluded them from being competitive in almost any of their games last season, losing by two touchdowns or more in all but one of their losses last season (and losing by three scores or more in eight of their nine losses in their 0-9 Pac-12 campaign)."

That ain't good. Maybe he is just better suited for a position coach.

Also, that Cal program isn't in a good spot.

HF#1

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 31, 2014, 09:26:54 am
Buh bio:

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=207769909

Yeah, no thanks. 

I'd expect someone with ties to Robb Smith more than Bielema.  This guy is a Midwest/west coast guy.  Has no ties to the south, much less Florida.  It's kind of dumb to even suggest it.  Doesn't surprise me coaching search folks did though.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 31, 2014, 09:26:21 am
If he isn't good enough to coach for Cal, then he damn sure isn't good enough for Arkansas.

I have no clue who our next linebackers coach might be; however, with the hires of Robb Smith, Rory Segrest, and Clay Jennings, and the body of work they put together this season, I feel comfortable Bret is going to hire a very good coach.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 09:26:40 am
Buh probably would have been here had he not been named DC at Cal.

This was my understanding. However, CBB is big on fit. Buh fit with Ash and Partridge.

Does he fit with Smith, Segrest and Jennings

HF#1

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 31, 2014, 09:29:51 am
I have no clue who our next linebackers coach might be; however, with the hires of Robb Smith, Rory Segrest, and Clay Jennings, and the body of work they put together this season, I feel comfortable Bret is going to hire a very good coach.

Oh I do too.  I just don't think Buh would be an option. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

With Shannon's 400k and his 50k buyout. I am also sure we can find someone qualified.

Tim Harris

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 31, 2014, 09:30:05 am
This was my understanding. However, CBB is big on fit. Buh fit with Ash and Partridge.

Does he fit with Smith, Segrest and Jennings

I would lean more towards it being someone with ties to Smith.

One out of the box idea would be to move Smith to LB and promote Aaron Henry from GA to DB coach.  He played for Bielema, has been here as a GA so knows the system, is young, and from South Florida.  Wouldn't be my top choice but would tick some of the boxes.

HF#1

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 09:32:58 am
I would lean more towards it being someone with ties to Smith.

One out of the box idea would be to move Smith to LB and promote Aaron Henry from GA to DB coach.  He played for Bielema, has been here as a GA so knows the system, is young, and from South Florida.  Wouldn't be my top choice but would tick some of the boxes.

I agree, I think this will be more a Smith hire than a Bielema hire.

Kevin

Get Greg schiano to coach lb's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

AMEN!!!

However, I still expect some people on Hogville to act like a bunch of ignorant morons like they did when Robb Smith and Rory were hired.

Dominicanhog

my bet is on CBB having 2 or 3 in his pocket.. wouldn't doubt there has already been contact.. he said a couple weeks ago that he thought the staff would stay together except  for one ... that someone had ton's of contacts, Randy...... 

I also think there's a chance the person will be here when the recruits arrive in January..

memphishog

completely agree. i saw the buh name on a couple of different sites also, couldn't help but look him up. not impressed with what i saw on the surface.

yes CBB has earned plenty of hiring cred as far as i'm concerned.

MS_HogFan

The one thing CBB has proved is that he can hire good assistants.
SOOIE

Hoggish1

Kevin

Thanks coach Shannon for the two years.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 31, 2014, 09:31:43 am
With Shannon's 400k and his 50k buyout. I am also sure we can find someone qualified.

I wonder how they will handle this, $100,000 today, $50,000 tomorrow. I guess Florida could forfeit their next home game to us, in about 2025..........

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Mike_e on December 31, 2014, 09:22:12 am

This... BUT, not too much luck. ;)...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

RazorPiggie

Quote from: immahog on December 31, 2014, 09:41:23 am
ED O

Has only coached LBers once and that was back in 94 at Nichols State.

ricepig

I'm guessing Bret has known about this for awhile. These guys get paid major bucks, but it's like the little boy and the dam, you plug one leak, and another pops up over there. It sure was nice to enjoy that victory for a day, lol.

HogFanJWill26

Off to Flordia, same position

immahog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 31, 2014, 09:42:28 am
Has only coached LBers once and that was back in 94 at Nichols State.

lol im sure he knows what he is doing and the guy can recruit
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

RazorPiggie