Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A.J. Derby is invited to the NFL combine

Started by Hawgfan5, December 30, 2014, 08:55:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgfan5

SIAP but I see that RD tweeted today that AJ has been invited to the NFL combine. We should all be proud of him and the role he was willing to play this year by moving positions. Thanks AJ and good luck!

SquidBilly

Wow, great news!  He's getting a big chance to prove his worth as a TE.  Hope he shows out.

WilsonHog

Outstanding! AJ became one of my favorite Hogs because he willingly made a position change, didn't whine or complain, and became a productive player for us. Best of luck to him!

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

3of5-2

jackflash

Does anyone know if his knee is going to allow him to work out?

Hawgfan5

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 30, 2014, 09:03:37 pm
Did A J play yesterday?

No he didn't due to his recent knee issue if I'm not mistaken

HogFanatic

He is gonna stud out at the combine. Dude has gobs of athleticism.

gawntrail

Tremendous upside.  Rare insight considering his QB experience.

GalaHawg

I also saw where Trey got invited - no surprise there. Any word on Spaight or Cook?

LAHogfan123

So proud for AJ.  He hung in there and even though he wanted to be a QB he just isn't have the talent for it.  Just think what he could have been if he'd took CBB's advice to be a TE when he first asked him to come to Wisconsin.  But in less than a year, he transformed himself into a great College TE.

reddogjcss

Good luck to all Razorbacks headed to combine.

Laughing Hog

That's great news,, hope his knee is ready and he can train to get ready
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

LAHogfan123

So proud for AJ.  He hung in there and even though he wanted to be a QB he just isn't have the talent for it.  Just think what he could have been if he'd took CBB's advice to be a TE when he first asked him to come to Wisconsin.  But in less than a year, he transformed himself into a great College TE.

pigture perfect

AJ was out during pre-game warm-up in full pads and looked really good. When the team came back out for the game he was in sweats. I think he was just trying to stay healthy for the combine.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

alohawg

Good athletic football player who is obviously coachable. I bet he at least makes a practice squad. Best wishes AJ!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoghearted

Great news for AJ. He has become one of my favorites this season. Hope he does really well.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rickm1976

I'll go out on a limb and predict that AJ becomes one of the better TE's in the NFL.  He reminds me a little of Matt Jones with his athletic ability, and I know his work ethic is way better.  Good luck to one of my favorite Hogs ever.

Dugann

Great news, AJ is a poster child for hard work and being a team player.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

gmarv

good news ajs gonna do great at the combine.

Mike_e

Congrats to A.J. and to CBB.

When a kid hears CBB trying to tell him that he'd be better off at another position all he has to do is to remember Mr. Derby and say, "Sure coach."
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Tejano Jawg

Loved Derby this year. His run-after-catch ability was fierce. Only sorry he didn't get to see action in the bowl game. He deserved to go out on a high note.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HogsBalls

Great for him, he has a bright future. Good luck to him and Ms. Berna!