Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tony Pauline thinks Philon is going to declare

Started by JackJohnson, December 30, 2014, 08:24:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

passinghog

Does he really only weigh 272 lbs? I'm all about making that jump, but if that's anywhere close to the truth, he needs another year and get stronger.

longpig

If I'm remembering right, Philon bulked up for 2013 and didn't carry it well so he dropped back down.
Don't be scared, be smart.

razorbackfanatic

He was around 285 to start the season and was 272 by the Ole Miss game. Usually everyone loses some weight during the coarse of the season, but 285 is where he needs to be at the end of the season in the NFL. The fact that he's this undersized is even more impressive that he's as dominant as he is. He has great quickness and could easily play DE in a 3-4 scheme in the NFL. I really hope he comes back.

LR Hog

He is a third year sophomore?  Refresh my memory on his first year please.  I remember all the Bama recruiting day drama and how they wanted him to grey shirt because he got injured his sr. Year of high school.  If you go to arkansasrazorbacks.com and look at the roster he isn't listed as a RS a Sophomore but just a Sophomore.   Could someone explain this to me?
Like a boss.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LR Hog on December 30, 2014, 08:58:53 pm
He is a third year sophomore?  Refresh my memory on his first year please.  I remember all the Bama recruiting day drama and how they wanted him to grey shirt because he got injured his sr. Year of high school.  If you go to arkansasrazorbacks.com and look at the roster he isn't listed as a RS a Sophomore but just a Sophomore.   Could someone explain this to me?

He is RS Soph. Redshirted during the JLS season

jgphillips3

The experts have a pretty good consensus that he needs another year.  I hope he listens.

Hawgfan5

Am I wrong that it's very uncommon for underclassmen on the line to go pro? The only lineman that i remember people saying could go pro early and have success was Clowney. I don't see him leaving.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

onebadrubi

With Philon you have to consider the guy has had a knee issue, if I'm not mistaken twice.  If he can get paid it might not be bad for him to get it ASAP.  That being said this defense REALLY needs him back!

songofthesword

he's at best right now.. a 6th round draft pick. there are a lot of good college players out there that can make NFL teams we aren't in a bubble. he's undersized and doesn't have elite measurables.

i can understand the want to get paid, but you have to get that degree. that degree is going to have you set for life.

now, bijohn is a guy i can see leaving early.  he's got the size and is a freak physically. but not darius.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

carolinahogger

Quote from: songofthesword on December 30, 2014, 10:08:11 pm

i can understand the want to get paid, but you have to get that degree. that degree is going to have you set for life.

Yeah, there's no way he could come back and get a degree after his time in the NFL.   ;)

codeHog

He is pretty set on quitting school and getting paid but it is probably not over just yet. A lot of advice for him to digest

Augustus

I'm thinking he stays. He needs another year, IMO.  He's a great player, but part of the reason why he's looking so good right now is in part due to Trey Flowers (who will be drafted) and Spaight (who may be?)

I just don't think he pulls a high enough round, and at least gets advised to return for another year.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Yep,  another year in school would serve him well.  The NFL is a grown man's game.  It'll chew you up and spit you out and never give a second look. 

Coach has spoke of him wanting to quit last year, and a couple maturity issues that he's improved on greatly.  To be a true professional, he would be well served to stay in school take on some leadership roles on the team and keep prepping his body, his technique, and his mind to be a beast DE and get paid for many years instead of coming out too soon and being out of the league w/in 3 years.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HF#1

Benjamin Allbright told me in his opinion Philon should stay.  He said D-Lineman that declare early in most casts flop.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pig In The City

No way Philon is ready for the NFL. He will be back if he wants any longevity in the NFL.

LR Hog

Like a boss.

Craig O Squeal

They still use popcorn Hog on that page, therefore I dismiss it.

Tim Harris

Quote from: LR Hog on December 31, 2014, 08:15:57 am
Ok thanks for the info.  Arkansasrazorbacks.com needs updating. 

Freshman are the only ones they label as a RS since you can be a true freshman or a redshirt freshman.  After that it is just your class.  Look at BA and others.  They are just listed as their class.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 30, 2014, 10:24:32 pm
Just curious. Why?

That's easy...............the poster you asked is being selfish. That being said MOST players should stay in college that declare. Some are ready for the Pro's, some aren't. They need to get info back from the Pro's and consult with their coach and family and then decide.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

gmarv

being purely selfish heres to him coming back.