Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you guys think of this?

Started by 010HogFan, December 30, 2014, 12:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wholehog92

Quote from: UAfanatic on December 31, 2014, 03:33:56 am
A couple of kids at the U of A started this company. They are from Texas.. like has been said on here, they are just 2 of a ton of Texas kids that go to the U of A. My problem with it is that the University I support financially and with tax dollars would rather have Texas kids than Arkansas kids. U of A doesn't give anywhere near the same level of scholarships, etc to Arkansas kids that A State or other state public Universities do, because of this huge amount of Texas kids that couldn't get in to the the Texas schools because they are full and Arkansas is a great deal in comparison because of Out of State tuition waivers. So it's a huge boon for the University and for the Texas kids, it just is at the expense of Arkansas kids .. and drives the mid tier brighter ones to the other Arkansas Schools, where they get more money in scholarships, many of these kids would rather have gone to The University.

It doesn't take anything away from AR kids to offer instate tuition to TX kids.  The U of A is trying to grow, they aren't turning anyone away.  The instate scholarships aren't available.  What is available is merit scholarships.  Those aren't likely for mid tier students anyway.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

RedRock

The models just took a meth hit.  They look baked.