Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you guys think of this?

Started by 010HogFan, December 30, 2014, 12:38:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

010HogFan

http://lonestarhog.com/

Seeing this thing pop up more and more and I personally feel like gouging my eyes out every time I see it.

SquidBilly

jesterzzn

Break & Run

It's fine.  Why?  Because Arkansas has a HUGE alumni base in Texas.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Like someone said in another thread, in the last freshman class, there are more Texans then Arkansas students.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

010HogFan

This is worse than the hog call getting screwed up.

Razorfox

It already exists, so I would just try to look for the positive in it.  Think about it this way:  The Razorbacks are big enough and influential enough to be outside the state of Arkansas.  Not necessarily a bad thing.   

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 30, 2014, 12:38:51 pm

Seeing this thing pop up more and more and I personally feel like gouging my eyes out every time I see it.

Well, it's sort of a slap in the face to the Texans who root for other schools, so from that perspective I guess I don't have much of an issue with it.  I wonder why people would do that rather than just wear regular Hog garb, but whatever floats their boat.   

I wouldn't expect to see people in Arkansas wearing that though...why would they? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Vantage 8 dude

Personally I see absolutely NO problem with it. WTH if you're a Hog who cares whether you live in Texas, New York or Timbuktu? Come on- a Razorback is a Hog no matter where you call home!

Sir Oinksalot

...hey thanks for the link !!  I love the all-American HOG....

Sending off a $500 order, you know right, next year is the year of the HOG...

Ppevery star doesn't mean Texas, right, y'all did watch the game...?

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

ICEman

Great branding!  If more publicity leads to a 4/5* athlete popping out of one of the Texas metro areas and into the loving arms of the Razorback faithful, I see nothing but an upside.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Sir Oinksalot

...exactly, didn't see any burnt orange on that stuff, eh ?

A ?
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

island hog

It's awesome !! Anytime we can get a Razorback in mainstream Texas I'm all for it!!!

010HogFan

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 30, 2014, 01:00:21 pm

...exactly, didn't see any burnt orange on that stuff, eh ?

A ?

You know as well as I do this is a Texas based brand and feigning otherwise just comes across as ignorant.

Hey Super

A large alumni base in Texas paired with the extremely successful in-state tuition reciprocal program the U of A offers makes this a viable and logical marketing scheme.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

OKC

I think its great!...from a recruiting standpoint, send it to texas recruits to let them know they don't have to lose their texas identity if they go to Arkansas...also, I say put it on billboards around Dallas/Houston areas.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 30, 2014, 01:11:25 pm
You know as well as I do this is a Texas based brand and feigning otherwise just comes across as ignorant.

Ignorant...or arrogant?  I'd probably go with arrogant.  They know who they are targeting.  The shirt owners just have to be aware that their cars may get key'd. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

010HogFan

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 30, 2014, 01:18:12 pm
Ignorant...or arrogant?  I'd probably go with arrogant.  They know who they are targeting.  The shirt owners just have to be aware that their cars may get key'd. 

wasn't talking about the brand owners being ignorant. I was talking about the guy's post that said "not all stars mean Texas."

agree with your post though.

reddogjcss

The state of Texas has sent us many Razorback players and fans. It's Shorthorns that are villains

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 30, 2014, 01:22:12 pm
wasn't talking about the brand owners being ignorant. I was talking about the guy's post that said "not all stars mean Texas."

agree with your post though.

Oops.   :-[   

BorderPatrol

Do you really want to discuss ignorant?

I mean, bitching about this seems, well, rather ignorant.

bp

gawntrail

Giving fans another way to represent..... What's to not like?  Especially considering the revenue from licensed merchandise.  Pretty good idea. 

pigroots

razorbacker3

Those in Texas envy the hogs.......I would too if I lived in Texas!

BorderPatrol

Some of you act like you can't live in Texas and still love the Hogs.

bp

twistitup

We own texas ...those shirts don't hurt my feelings one bit
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

popcornhog

Please explain why this bothers you.
WPS

The real Hogules

Quote from: island hog on December 30, 2014, 01:10:05 pm
It's awesome !! Anytime we can get a Razorback in mainstream Texas I'm all for it!!!

That's how I feel as well.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

flippinhogmana

Wouldn't be nothing wrong with the state of Texas if we took it over would there be?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

popcornhog

I am from Memphis. I went to school at the UA. I've got a sticker with the state of Tennessee and a hog in the middle of it. What's the difference? We have a big alumni base in Texas.
WPS

pigmailyen

They need to recruit some professional models.  Otherwise it's a hoot.

snoblind

No problem with it.  Two of my best friends who live in Lakeway have a son who is a sophomore at Arkansas.  As mentioned earlier lots of kids coming to Arkansas from Texas.  Can't hurt recruiting and may really help over the coming year.   

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Razorfox on December 30, 2014, 12:47:05 pm
It already exists, so I would just try to look for the positive in it.  Think about it this way:  The Razorbacks are big enough and influential enough to be outside the state of Arkansas.  Not necessarily a bad thing.   

I like it... Youi wanna be a national brand? I do... I want people to love the hogs from all over...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 30, 2014, 04:31:42 pm
I like it... Youi wanna be a national brand? I do... I want people to love the hogs from all over...

If people want to print them up, I say put one with the state of Florida and a big old Hog right in the middle of it.  Why do I care if people in Fla want to wear 'em?  Do it for every state....can't hurt us any. 

Paul

010HogFan

Quote from: popcornhog on December 30, 2014, 04:13:22 pm
Please explain why this bothers you.

you tend to have a different perspective when you go to school with Texans, many of whom put down the state of Arkansas on a regular basis and have no interests here besides attending college.

wholehog92

Quote from: websiteTexans have been flocking to Fayetteville to attend the University of Arkansas for years now. More recently in the last ten years, the percentage of Texans attending the UofA has been getting substantial, to where the number of Texans (by some reports) is more than the number of Arkansans at the UofA. This created a group of people with a common culture and no way to rejoice together in it. That's where Lone Star Hog Came in. We are the perfect blend of Texas roots, Arkansas pride, and Razorback love. We are constantly updating designs, coming out with new products, and looking for ways to connect fellow Texas Hogs. We are here to stay and proud to be able to lead a movement. We are Lone Star Souls in a Natural State of Mind.

So long as these same tejas transplants aren't griping about immigrants bringing their national pride to the country that is allowing them to improve their life, I guess I see no issue with it.

I'm a bit old school.  If I have to leave a place to improve my life, I guess I'd be more partial to showing pride in the place that is welcoming me and helping me get a leg up.

There's nothing inherently wrong with it for me to get upset about.  It does say something about the attitude of those that would sport it.

The U of A is the heart and soul of AR.  Putting the Hog symbol on a texass flag motif just shows the transplants don't get it.  Sucks for them.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 30, 2014, 04:52:24 pm
you tend to have a different perspective when you go to school with Texans, many of whom put down the state of Arkansas on a regular basis and have no interests here besides attending college.

Which is exactly why the shirts are great.  When they go back home, they'll be reminded that we're everywhere down there too!!   :razorback:

BOOM!  You can't escape WOO PIG SOOOOOIEEEEE !!!! 

Mike Irwin

The problem comes from the University of Texas hijacking the Texas state flag as its logo. To hell with that. There are more Texans that hate UT than not. They have been acting like they own the state since forever.

The state legislature should secure the rights to that flag as a logo and make UT use a  Bevo flag instead.

Better still they should sell UT Austin to California. Cal St. Austin. I like the sound of that.

gawntrail

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 30, 2014, 05:01:55 pm

Better still they should sell UT Austin to California. Cal St. Austin. I like the sound of that.

UC Austin.   The CS schools aren't even close on the arrogance scale.  UT and the UC schools are peas in a pod.

ICEman

There are more Freshmen from Texas at the U of A than from the state of Arkansas.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

010HogFan

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 30, 2014, 05:00:21 pm
The U of A is the heart and soul of AR.  Putting the Hog symbol on a texass flag motif just shows the transplants don't get it.  Sucks for them.

THIS! and sounds like some of "our own" don't get it either. To each their own...

the donger

longpig

I'd like to watch that model eat corn on the cob. ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Well I live in Iowa, so I made one with our flag.  Looks great, huh?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

UAfanatic

A couple of kids at the U of A started this company. They are from Texas.. like has been said on here, they are just 2 of a ton of Texas kids that go to the U of A. My problem with it is that the University I support financially and with tax dollars would rather have Texas kids than Arkansas kids. U of A doesn't give anywhere near the same level of scholarships, etc to Arkansas kids that A State or other state public Universities do, because of this huge amount of Texas kids that couldn't get in to the the Texas schools because they are full and Arkansas is a great deal in comparison because of Out of State tuition waivers. So it's a huge boon for the University and for the Texas kids, it just is at the expense of Arkansas kids .. and drives the mid tier brighter ones to the other Arkansas Schools, where they get more money in scholarships, many of these kids would rather have gone to The University.

rzrbackrob

Anything that upsets residents on the "40 acres" is ok in my book.
Good is the enemy of great

nchogg

I like it. And the girl looks great. This is a compilment to our hogs.
Go Hogs!