Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the Red Shirts that can come in and play ASAP

Started by BR, December 30, 2014, 11:39:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The_Iceman

Those that redshirted from the 2014 class that I expect to get some playing time:

Brian Wallace, OT
JoJo Robinson, WR
Juan Day, RB (3rd or 4th string)
Santos Ramirez, CB or S
Cornelius Floyd, CB
Cole Hedlund, PK

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 30, 2014, 11:42:50 am
Those that redshirted from the 2014 class that I expect to get some playing time:

Brian Wallace, OT
JoJo Robinson, WR
Santos Ramirez, CB or S
Cornelius Floyd, CB
Cole Hedlund, PK

Good list, I suspect they'll all see time next year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Brian Wallace, OT
JoJo Robinson, WR
Santos Ramirez, CB or S
Cornelius Floyd, CB
Cole Hedlund, PK

Floyd actually played some the year unfortunately

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/3128691/cornelius-floyd

The_Iceman

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on December 30, 2014, 12:42:47 pm
What about Kholer?

I think the conversation was limited to Redshirts from the 2014 class.

ICEman

I was a bit surprised that Hedlund was Redcraped this year.  We could have used him in a game or 13; especially the aTm game.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

BR

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 30, 2014, 01:02:20 pm
I think the conversation was limited to Redshirts from the 2014 class.
I don't care? It's all good
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The_Iceman

Quote from: ICEman on December 30, 2014, 01:05:20 pm
I was a bit surprised that Hedlund was Redcraped this year.  We could have used him in a game or 13; especially the aTm game.

We have no idea how effective Hedlund would or would not have been. The coaches see the kid practice everyday, and know whether or not he should have played. And then you base your opinion on what?

The_Iceman

Quote from: BR on December 30, 2014, 01:05:58 pm
I don't care? It's all good

I was simply pointing out why Reeve Koehler wasn't mentioned. I think he may find his way onto the field in 2015, if not, then 2016 for sure as a RS Junior.

Prestworthy

Really looking forward to seeing JoJo, Wallace, and Rafe get a shot to contribute.

oldman1015

i hope jojo makes a big splash. we need a game breaker at reciever.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

TMc

Hogdomer

Coach B mentioned Wallace, Armon Watts, Robinson and Santos Ramirez in a press conference before the bowl.  He said Ramirez and Robinson almost played this year, and Wallace will likely be starting.

Hoggish1

Brian Wallace, OT
JoJo Robinson, WR
Santos Ramirez, CB or S
Cornelius Floyd, CB
Cole Hedlund, PK

Cole is the one that really needs to go off in 2015.  I thought he'd step right in, but maybe it was a touch of genius to have him settle in.

woodhog14

Quote from: Prestworthy on December 30, 2014, 01:12:17 pm
Really looking forward to seeing JoJo, Wallace, and Rafe get a shot to contribute.

Why are you so high on Rafe? I don't think he will play any meaningful snaps unless there are injuries.

The_Iceman

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 30, 2014, 02:06:34 pm
Why are you so high on Rafe? I don't think he will play any meaningful snaps unless there are injuries.

Probably not. But he does have a chance to with the backup role. He also has a chance to maybe see the field in a special wildcat QB package. He is a good straight ahead runner, which would make him a good fit with one of the quick WR's going in motion.

Prestworthy

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 30, 2014, 02:06:34 pm
He throws a good ball, has good speed, and looks to have a lot of confidence.  He played very well in the all-american game and is a die-hard competitor.  As a QB, you have to bleed leadership and confidence.  I think/hope Rafe will get a shot to take the #2 job and show off his skills in mop up duty.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Big Nasty 34

Like Iceman said, I think we have to have a read option package with Peavey next year. I think we'll still need the change of pace, especially in the second half of some games.

HogWildBison2011

Anthony Brown played against Nicholls State & a few other games. I wish he would have redshirted.. And still May next season. The kid has a ton of upside but just needs to mature physically & mentally.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 30, 2014, 01:40:31 pm
Cole is the one that really needs to go off in 2015.  I thought he'd step right in, but maybe it was a touch of genius to have him settle in.

I think after you see Cole kick the next four years, you might want to question the wisdom of redshirting him, but maybe the coaches knew what they were doing. Only time will tell. It is what it is, but the next four years are probably gonna be phenomonal with Cole and Blake Johnson.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on December 30, 2014, 05:37:41 pm
Anthony Brown played against Nicholls State & a few other games. I wish he would have redshirted.. And still May next season. The kid has a ton of upside but just needs to mature physically & mentally.
He did redshirt according to CBB
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on December 31, 2014, 12:34:36 am
He did redshirt according to CBB
OnTheHill he did play against Nicholls State so he cannot/did not redshirt..

He is #53. I think he is the only DE listed in the 50s

hogninja

Quote from: texas tush hog on December 31, 2014, 12:10:19 am
I think after you see Cole kick the next four years, you might want to question the wisdom of redshirting him, but maybe the coaches knew what they were doing. Only time will tell. It is what it is, but the next four years are probably gonna be phenomonal with Cole and Blake Johnson.
I think giving anybody in the room with Coach H will reap much benefits. Along with a year of kicking with no pressure. They said he was a little light in the pants and needed the workouts to let him kick for a whole season without injury.  Trust is needed for faith. :razorback:

hobhog

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on December 30, 2014, 04:47:26 pm
Like Iceman said, I think we have to have a read option package with Peavey next year. I think we'll still need the change of pace, especially in the second half of some games.

Collins will be wildcat package QB.

We will lose a QB or two to attrition this year IMO with Storey coming in. Will be interesting to see
How that backup position shakes out.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: hobhog on December 31, 2014, 02:06:53 am
Collins will be wildcat package QB.

We will lose a QB or two to attrition this year IMO with Storey coming in. Will be interesting to see
How that backup position shakes out.

Its possible, but you have 4 QBs: the Allen brothers, Peavey and Storey. If Storey redshirts like he should then you have 3 active QBs. One may decide to transfer if they dont see any play time this year, but I doubt Peavey does since he will be a redshirt freshman next year with 3 years still coming up after BA graduates. You gotta think that Austin Allen is all Hog too thinking he will take over after BA leaves, so he should stay.

Now, after BA graduates you could have 3 QBs going after the starting job in 2016. I could see either of Austin or Rafe leaving then if they arent the starter after BA leaves, but I dont think we will see anyone move this coming year.

jbu5

CBB was raving about Santos Ramirez recently on a pay site. Said he was an NFL prototype safety. Evidently this kid is awesome on the scout team. Also said Jo Jo White could not be tackled and that he had to send Spaight after him. Lastly, said Wallace has some of the quickest feet he had seen on a Tackle.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jbu5 on December 31, 2014, 01:22:44 pm
CBB was raving about Santos Ramirez recently on a pay site. Said he was an NFL prototype safety. Evidently this kid is awesome on the scout team. Also said Jo Jo White could not be tackled and that he had to send Spaight after him. Lastly, said Wallace has some of the quickest feet he had seen on a Tackle.

It's JoJo Robinson. And he said it in a Presser

Kevin

jo jo white could not be tackled, either, that would have been a foul in the nba
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

aar0n

Quote from: Kevin on December 31, 2014, 01:35:24 pm
jo jo white could not be tackled, either, that would have been a foul in the nba

You forgot to underline his name, which you MUST do when incorrectly naming a specific player. 

WooPig90

Quote from: jbu5 on December 31, 2014, 01:22:44 pm

Definitely JoJo ROBINSON.

hoghiker

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on December 31, 2014, 12:57:38 am
OnTheHill he did play against Nicholls State so he cannot/did not redshirt..

He is #53. I think he is the only DE listed in the 50s

If he only played in 1 game he can still redshirt I'm pretty sure

ricepig

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 31, 2014, 02:10:51 pm

He played in 3 of the first 4 games, per the participation chart. However, he can apply for a medical hardship if he was injured, or got mono.....

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2014, 02:16:07 pm
He played in 3 of the first 4 games, per the participation chart. However, he can apply for a medical hardship if he was injured, or got mono.....

It's a certain number of quarters that determines a red shirt is it not?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 31, 2014, 02:10:51 pm

Only if he was injured in the first 3 games. And it had to be a season ending injury

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 31, 2014, 02:19:35 pm
Only if he was injured in the first 3 games. And it had to be a season ending injury

He didn't play against Auburn, but played in the next three.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/page/2014-team-stats-football-stat-crew

The NewEra

Hogdomer

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 31, 2014, 02:17:52 pm
It's a certain number of quarters that determines a red shirt is it not?

If you play one play, you cannot redshirt.  Maybe a medical hardship is possible.

Wildhog

Pretty sure he's eligible for a medical hardship. 

I foresee Mono in his future.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arkansas Fan

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977