Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From a Texas board.

Started by jared72404, December 30, 2014, 01:16:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jared72404

"We just are not very good. How many of our starters on offense would start for Arkansas?.....I can't think of even one. How many on defense? ...any?

We are just out manned....Things will get better."

Texas fans realize we dominate them at every position. WE have the coaching staff in place to bring our team to national prominence again!
https://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=902&fid=61&style=2&tid=208340174&Page=3

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ChitownHawg

Their comments reminds me a lot of this board during CBB's first year. Longhorn fans don't want to wait for the retooling of players who have the capability of playing a physical style of football.

CCS' post bowl presser reminded me of CBB. Strong kept talking about how one mistake would roll into a second and a third. It took CBB a while to get that mentality out of our players.

But it sure is good seeing an arrogant team and fan base suffer through this!  ::hornsdown::
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

go hogues

Quote from: jared72404 on December 30, 2014, 01:16:46 am
"We just are not very good. How many of our starters on offense would start for Arkansas?.....I can't think of even one. How many on defense? ...any?

We are just out manned....Things will get better."

Texas fans realize we dominate them at every position. WE have the coaching staff in place to bring our team to national prominence again!
https://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=902&fid=61&style=2&tid=208340174&Page=3

And every single player on UT's sideline was no lower than a 4* recruit
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Speedracer

Love it!  Texas is a giant bag of suck
Like smites bother me.

SquidBilly

Quote from: go hogues on December 30, 2014, 06:02:49 am

That's what I was thinking.  No Texas team should ever be said to be without talent.  The fact anyone is talking about a rebuild with them is crazy.

Jackrabbit Hog

I'd say his assessment is pretty accurate.  I love beating Texas more than anything, but we need to remember that this was probably one of the all-time bad Texas teams that we beat.  They are embarrassing.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 30, 2014, 06:26:46 am
That's what I was thinking.  No Texas team should ever be said to be without talent.  The fact anyone is talking about a rebuild with them is crazy.

It's a "rebuild" in terms of new discipline, systems and coaching philosophies. Even with the dismissal of 9 players from last years team, they still have plenty of highly rated talent and overall, more than we do, on paper.

They sorta remind me of us last year, though we had a better offense last year than they have this year. Their defense wasn't all that bad, it just didn't get any help from the offense and, they don't seem to rotate players as often on defense as we do, so the fatigue factor was huge last night. We held the ball for 41:10, their offense had it for only 18:50 split over 4 quarters, less than 5 minutes out of every 15 minute quarter.
Go Hogs Go!

BAMAPERRY

Texas needs to recruit actual TALENT, not by the star ratings of Texas HS football players.

HF#1

What they don't have is depth.  They may have 4*'s but they don't have enough of them.  I'm glad they suck and I hope the continue to suck for the near future.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Calling All Hogs

razorbacker3

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 30, 2014, 07:09:14 am
I'd say his assessment is pretty accurate.  I love beating Texas more than anything, but we need to remember that this was probably one of the all-time bad Texas teams that we beat.  They are embarrassing.

Just like when they beat us 52-10 in 2008. We had one of our worst teams in Petrinos 1st year.

BAMAPERRY

From Rivals, recruiting rankings for Texas:

2010: 3rd
2011: 3rd
2012: 2nd
2013: 24th
2014: 20th

AWHAWG

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 30, 2014, 07:09:14 am
so we should not enjoy this as much??  Not!! Don't go in the kitchen if you don't want to cook! If we loose to them. People would be on here slitting thier rist.  If it were close we would say that aren't ready for next year.  Let's celebrate!!

Theolesnort

Quote from: go hogues on December 30, 2014, 06:02:49 am
Think about that for a while star gazers! Don't judge a player by how many stars a recruiting service gives them. All 4 and 5 star players are not the same. Some deserve the rating and some just flat don't.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: AWHAWG on December 30, 2014, 07:37:49 am
so we should not enjoy this as much??  Not!! Don't go in the kitchen if you don't want to cook! If we loose to them. People would be on here slitting thier rist.  If it were close we would say that aren't ready for next year.  Let's celebrate!!

Still hung over?   8)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Wild Bill Hog

What amazes me is they haven't recruited any stud QB's in several years.  Seems like the other schools in Texas don't have any trouble.  Couple of Heisman winners if my memory is correct.

Hoggish1

Great to be respected S E C   S E C   S E C!  Did we give the chant last night?  Finally earned it!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 30, 2014, 07:48:04 am
Great to be respected S E C   S E C   S E C!  Did we give the chant last night?  Finally earned it!!

According to the tejas game thread we did.

Lanny

Yep, I heard it
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hoggish1

Quote from: BAMAPERRY on December 30, 2014, 07:20:52 am
Texas needs to recruit actual TALENT, not by the star ratings of Texas HS football players.

You can say that again.  MB was all to guilty of that stuff.  Strong is making them tough.  Their fans will just have to be patient like the rest of college football.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 30, 2014, 07:43:14 am
Think about that for a while star gazers! Don't judge a player by how many stars a recruiting service gives them. All 4 and 5 star players are not the same. Some deserve the rating and some just flat don't.

This is a fact that very few understand!  Good job...

HF#1

Texas has absolutely no reason to be as bad as they are.  I have zero sympathy for them.  We kicked their ass just like I thought we would.  Our defense is really good though. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TeedupHigh

So are you saying Star don't matter or that they only do when get them or lose out on one?  Texas High school talent over rated?

HF#1

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 30, 2014, 08:14:51 am
So are you saying Star don't matter or that they only do when get them or lose out on one?  Texas High school talent over rated?

I'd be inclined to say that Texas talent has been overrated in recent history. 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 30, 2014, 08:17:13 am

It does seem that way.

rickm1976

Quote from: HF#1 on December 30, 2014, 08:12:34 am
Texas has absolutely no reason to be as bad as they are.  I have zero sympathy for them.  We kicked their ass just like I thought we would.  Our defense is really good though. 

This.  With all the things they have at their disposal, they have no excuse.  It warms my heart to see the arrogant jerks get embarrassed.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 30, 2014, 07:49:48 am
According to the tejas game thread we did.

Tejas quote: "God, I hate that freaking chant!"

[attachment deleted by admin]
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

TMc

That's why they suck right now.  They fell in love with stars instead of football players.

HogScoutMaster

I am no texas fan but I really hope they give Charlie some time!  He will change that program if he is given the keys
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Inhogswetrust

December 30, 2014, 08:54:23 am #30 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:35:05 am by Inhogswetrust

I guess that explains why a large number of college programs recruit there then huh?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Except our recruits from there..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FATHAWG08

The majority of Texas High School teams run the spread from what I've seen on TV the last few years. There is great athletic HS talent in Texas, it just seems Texas High Schools teams are trying to win at that level without developing their players for the next level. I think the talent is there but I think the toughness is missing.
I love off season Football!!

ifghog

Just think. They blew out TT, OSU WVU. Big 12 is a joke.

MuskogeeHogFan

Based on what? What you see from the University of Texas?

There are a lot of good players that come from Texas and perform well on other teams. At Texas, you have had lazy recruiting (just signing stars) and bad coaching. I think you will eventually see that change under Strong and then everyone will be whining about why we aren't recruiting Texas more. We need to hit Texas just like we need to hit Florida and a number of other states.
Go Hogs Go!

scaldedhog

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on December 30, 2014, 08:51:30 am
I am no texas fan but I really hope they give Charlie some time!  He will change that program if he is given the keys
I agree.  That's why I hope he gets canned today!
Make Arkansas Football great again

bpoecell

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on December 30, 2014, 08:58:01 am
The majority of Texas High School teams run the spread from what I've seen on TV the last few years. There is great athletic HS talent in Texas, it just seems Texas High Schools teams are trying to win at that level without developing their players for the next level. I think the talent is there but I think the toughness is missing.

They all run the spread, and they put their best athletes on offense, so they produce a ton of offensive skill players and not much defensive talent. That's why those Big XII teams can all pass for 800 yards a game against each other, but can barely eek out 59 yards against an SEC team.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Been10Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 30, 2014, 09:22:57 am
Put the game in its proper context - this was the equivalent of a mercy killing. 
Would you enjoy Arkansas beating Arkansas State or UCA - because that is about the skill and talent level on display right now in Austin.

Enjoy the win but just keep a slight semblance of context to it...
We did kill them, but don't take too much away from the talent Texas is loaded with. I'm not a believer in stars over character. But, with that said, Tesas has finished in Rivals recruiting rankings since 2009: 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 24th, and 20th. If you look at the NFL draft since then I'm sure they have put more players in the league.

I love that BB recruits the players he wants! Character guys or "uncommon" guys that he wants not who the boosters tell him to go after or who the recruiting service rank the highest. I prefer his one on one evaluation approach. Bottom line at Arkansas we will always need a coach who gets the most out of the talent we bring in. Texas has always tried to out athlete people. At the end of their career I think BB will have our athletes developed to a level that they are taken in the draft before Texas' 5 stars. Good times ahead!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No.. Recruiting at UT had been turned into a GOBN beauty contest where HS coaches were a bunch of spoiled pageant moms. Strong stepped on some toes last year and this year by working parents more than HS coaches... At least that's what I gathered from Luginbill on the broadcast...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogmeier

It's just a great day! The sun is shinning. Texas lost! It's just a great day!  :razorback:

::hornsdown::

Boarcephus

"its ok, if I saw a aggie choking on a bag of dicks I would push it in further...so yea, no love loss"

LOL!!! Classic!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ChicoHog

Exactly.  I measure talent on how many guys got drafted or are playing in the pros, not how many stars they got out of HS.  It's about recruiting AND developing. 

I think I saw last year Texas had zero players drafted?  That is not talent. 

Attila the Hog

I don't know about you guys but I really enjoyed reading the comments on Orangebloods.  Some of them are absolutely hilarious if you are on the outside looking in.  "Let's just shoot all these mules and start over" kind of stuff.

Some were even more creative and blunt but not suitable for posting on a class board like Hogville.

wupigsuey

Best thing I've seen yet....pregame obviously

I opened this thread with anticipation. I was giddy! I was confident that I was going to witness yet another burger fan hemorrhaging bad form and poor grammar as other burger fans cheered him on and whipped themselves into a frothing frenzy of bitchassed confusion with the predictability of a post coitus piss. Only a few seconds into the OP I was starting to feel rewarded, satiated, fulfilled... as I reached for my celebratory cigarette. This felt like exactly what I had hoped it would be. But then something happened. As I continued to read, I could feel a new hatred boiling up from deep within. I found myself nodding as i struggled to keep from mumbling the words "yeah, $#@! those god darned pigs". The more I read, the more I felt compelled to stand up and walk to my bedroom door and scream down the hall at my son as he was mid insulin shot "$#@! you you $#@! sucking inbred double wide loving pig worshiping mother $#@!er". How could the OP be so compelling to render me defenseless against such a literary masterpiece? Is this available for download from itunes? Had he taken the time to package such valuable content for consumption through diverse delivery methods?

As I searched amazon for the perfect picture frame for the print of this OP, so that I wouldn't be ashamed to hang it next to my best velvet Jesus painting, it hit me. What if the OP is satire? What if he doesn't really mean $#@! Arkansas, but is jealous of Arkansas? What if this is his way of venting his frustration with the eroded pride in being a horn fan? What if he is doing a comparison of the 2 universities, conferences, television exposure and love from the media? What if he is masking his anger over Arkansas ever increasing recruiting presence in the shadows of the once great and feared University of Texas? What if he is tired of looking up at aTm, Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas State and TCU? What if he is tired of half of his conference just placing a W next to Texas when the schedules come out every year? What if he is tired of walking through Austin only to see turtleneck wearing neck bearded sandal wearing mocha drinking gay rights activists wearing Longhorn shirts that are passionately engaged in conversations about electric cars and vegetarian menus. I began to understand his hatred of Arkansas. I saw us through his eyes and realized he misses the days when Texas fans were viewed as tough sons of [CENSORED] that would kick your ass if you suggested moving to a new conference. The fans that would kick you square in the balls for suggesting a PR firm to help remake your image into something more attractive to the liberal west coast. After this revelation hit me like a ton of bricks, I felt a modi$#@! of empathy for him. Almost enough to prevent me from saying $#@! Texas and all your dumbass Prius driving flavored bottled water drinking pompous fans. If half your conference can drag you [CENSORED] up and down the field making your quarterback look like Stephen Hawking in a blizzard while laughing at how long you idiots kept butter teeth on the payroll, I highly doubt we are going to break a sweat on defense as you have more 3 and outs than a putt putt tournament.

You are about to get rekt. We are going in dry and when we leave youll be missing the [CENSORED] ass beatings you took from the soft B12 teams that took your conference away from you.

Go Hogs
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hogsanity

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 30, 2014, 07:18:57 am
It's a "rebuild" in terms of new discipline, systems and coaching philosophies. Even with the dismissal of 9 players from last years team, they still have plenty of highly rated talent and overall, more than we do, on paper.

They sorta remind me of us last year, though we had a better offense last year than they have this year. Their defense wasn't all that bad, it just didn't get any help from the offense and, they don't seem to rotate players as often on defense as we do, so the fatigue factor was huge last night. We held the ball for 41:10, their offense had it for only 18:50 split over 4 quarters, less than 5 minutes out of every 15 minute quarter.

The problem with the Longhorns, and it really started 3 or 4 seasons ago, was Mack bought into the spread uptempo finesse idea and began to recruit that way.  Texas has always had bruising backs like Williams, Campbell, Charles, and many others. Always had good linebackers and DL.  The last few seasons Texas has been devoid of much talent at any of those spots. Their backs are smallish, more scat back type than bruising runner. I could not tell you the name of one of their lbs. They do have a couple good DL players. Their dbs are nothing special either.  They look nothing like the Texas teams that everyone used to fear.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogsanity on December 30, 2014, 09:58:13 am
The problem with the Longhorns, and it really started 3 or 4 seasons ago, was Mack bought into the spread uptempo finesse idea and began to recruit that way.  Texas has always had bruising backs like Williams, Campbell, Charles, and many others. Always had good linebackers and DL.  The last few seasons Texas has been devoid of much talent at any of those spots. Their backs are smallish, more scat back type than bruising runner. I could not tell you the name of one of their lbs. They do have a couple good DL players. Their dbs are nothing special either.  They look nothing like the Texas teams that everyone used to fear.
Well said.  Coach Strong will remake them into a pro style, power football team they should be.  But they have to find a QB.  Similar to florida over the last few years they have not found and developed a QB because of coaching, injuries, whatever, it just did not happen.  Then they hae to get back to playing power football which will set them apart in Texas as the other schools all play a more wide open type game.  I hope he succeeds and it may help us if they can out recruit A&M again. 

OLDHOG

Oh it matters, just not the end all be all some think, in MHO

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: wupigsuey on December 30, 2014, 09:55:59 am

I opened this thread with anticipation. I was giddy! I was confident that I was going to witness yet another burger fan hemorrhaging bad form and poor grammar as other burger fans cheered him on and whipped themselves into a frothing frenzy of bitchassed confusion with the predictability of a post coitus piss. Only a few seconds into the OP I was starting to feel rewarded, satiated, fulfilled... as I reached for my celebratory cigarette. This felt like exactly what I had hoped it would be. But then something happened. As I continued to read, I could feel a new hatred boiling up from deep within. I found myself nodding as i struggled to keep from mumbling the words "yeah, $#@! those god darned pigs". The more I read, the more I felt compelled to stand up and walk to my bedroom door and scream down the hall at my son as he was mid insulin shot "$#@! you you $#@! sucking inbred double wide loving pig worshiping mother $#@!er". How could the OP be so compelling to render me defenseless against such a literary masterpiece? Is this available for download from itunes? Had he taken the time to package such valuable content for consumption through diverse delivery methods?

As I searched amazon for the perfect picture frame for the print of this OP, so that I wouldn't be ashamed to hang it next to my best velvet Jesus painting, it hit me. What if the OP is satire? What if he doesn't really mean $#@! Arkansas, but is jealous of Arkansas? What if this is his way of venting his frustration with the eroded pride in being a horn fan? What if he is doing a comparison of the 2 universities, conferences, television exposure and love from the media? What if he is masking his anger over Arkansas ever increasing recruiting presence in the shadows of the once great and feared University of Texas? What if he is tired of looking up at aTm, Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas State and TCU? What if he is tired of half of his conference just placing a W next to Texas when the schedules come out every year? What if he is tired of walking through Austin only to see turtleneck wearing neck bearded sandal wearing mocha drinking gay rights activists wearing Longhorn shirts that are passionately engaged in conversations about electric cars and vegetarian menus. I began to understand his hatred of Arkansas. I saw us through his eyes and realized he misses the days when Texas fans were viewed as tough sons of [CENSORED] that would kick your ass if you suggested moving to a new conference. The fans that would kick you square in the balls for suggesting a PR firm to help remake your image into something more attractive to the liberal west coast. After this revelation hit me like a ton of bricks, I felt a modi$#@! of empathy for him. Almost enough to prevent me from saying $#@! Texas and all your dumbass Prius driving flavored bottled water drinking pompous fans. If half your conference can drag you [CENSORED] up and down the field making your quarterback look like Stephen Hawking in a blizzard while laughing at how long you idiots kept butter teeth on the payroll, I highly doubt we are going to break a sweat on defense as you have more 3 and outs than a putt putt tournament.

You are about to get rekt. We are going in dry and when we leave youll be missing the [CENSORED] ass beatings you took from the soft B12 teams that took your conference away from you.

Go Hogs Daaummm!!! That...was...awesome!!!!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: wupigsuey on December 30, 2014, 09:55:59 am

Go Hogs

Sir, +1000

bp