Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was this game boring?

Started by TeedupHigh, December 29, 2014, 11:34:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeedupHigh

If so you better get used to it, this is how it's gonna be and I love it!  Nothing cute or fancy just man on man football!  Great job HOGS!  GREAT JOB!!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Winning ain't boring.

Period.

WPS!!!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

ErykofArkansas

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

bigredone

Love the manly game of football. Kicks the dog crap out of sissy little 12 girly ball.

SquidBilly

Stomping a mudhole and walking it dry is never boring.

Bebop

Not boring. We could have scored again if we wanted.

jared72404

Fully entertaining! Great dominating win!

OLDHOG

HELL no it wasn't boring. Dominating is NEVER boring. Especially against Texass.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 29, 2014, 11:34:29 pm
If so you better get used to it, this is how it's gonna be and I love it!  Nothing cute or fancy just man on man football!  Great job HOGS!  GREAT JOB!!!!

Battering Texas senseless with a 2x4 is always entertaining.

Watching to see if the Hogs would make a mistake to put them back in the game kept our attention to the end.  However for the 3rd time in the last four games there were no mistakes.

SPAL

I'm sure it was for Texas fans

Oklahawg

This is how you win championships. Get ahead, play great defense and not worry about being fancy if you dont need to.

I am ALL IN.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Rooka

I'll only be watching this on DVR 1000 more times before next year and I don't think it will be boring any 1000 of those times!

WPS!

Danny J

It is the exact opposite of our Basketball team. I like the smash it down your throat type of game plan. We are actually the anomaly now in college football and it is starting to be the same way in our conference.

Breems

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 30, 2014, 12:04:55 am
Breems, that's how the blowout vs NWSt should have been but we gave up 92 pts. Go to Jump Ball

This is dumb.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hoghelmet14

This girl thought it was booring............

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

old_school_hawg

Hope I'm bored a lot in the future!!! Love this kind of football!!!! Its nice to be able to impose our will as we pretty much see fit. And allows for more enjoyment of the food and drink during the second half! LOL! Seriously, this is awesome!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

secfan30

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 30, 2014, 12:25:09 am

I look at her and think dsl

And finally I want to add, that I am still damn proud of our Hogs!!!

cosmodrum

I'd take a shot at giving her some excitement.

She better excite easy...
Go away, batin'

secfan30

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 30, 2014, 12:04:55 am
Breems, that's how the blowout vs NWSt should have been but we gave up 92 pts. Go to Jump Ball

We still won though... Relax brother and enjoy our football team ending on a strong note and hoping our BBall team has a good year.

old_school_hawg

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! We kept rewinding the DVR and making fun of this poor, misguided, foolish Texass woman at my watch party! Not an ounce of sympathy for her either...to spite her hotness!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

hoghelmet14

Quote from: old_school_hawg on December 30, 2014, 12:28:30 am
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! We kept rewinding the DVR and making fun of this poor, misguided, foolish Texass woman at my watch party! Not an ounce of sympathy for her either...to spite her hotness!

LOL.... was hoping yall would enjoy the pic.... someone posted it on facebook..... but she is kinda Hot..... imagine her in Red....

Wild Bill Hog

Kenny Hatfield would love this kind of football.  He probably loved tonight immensely.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 29, 2014, 11:54:40 pm
This is how you win championships. Get ahead, play great defense and not worry about being fancy if you dont need to.

I am ALL IN.

I approve this message!  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

Iwastherein1969

Boring ?  You have got to be kidding me....I still wish we were in the Victory Formation taking "knee after knee after knee" humiliating the Whorns even further. Those 'mercy knee's '  were sweet, sweet revenge.  I could have watched B.A. kneeling to give the SIPS mercy at least for another hour without it even getting remotely boring.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HognVA

jkstock04

It was a satisfying win...not completely boring because it was actually a bowl game...but expected. To me it was akin to playing a middle of the road Sunbelt team, and we beat them like we were supposed to. If you watched Texas at all this year you could see this coming a mile off.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

TeedupHigh

I posted this because of all the "boring" comments Coach B got when he was hired.  A very large group of people said what he was gonna bring to ARKANSAS was BORING OFFENSE if he brought any offense at all!  I love this BIG BOY style and hoping for much more of the same.  A good 65 yard drive that uses 8 minutes of clock in the 3rd quarter that winds down into the 4th like we had tonight is a thing of beauty!

SpanHog

all the hotties of Texas put together could not outshine the sheer beauty of stomping the $#!# out of Whorn.  We gave them their 7 points out of pity and from referee ineptness and it did nothing to stop the slow, steady bleeding from the inside.  CBB could have RUTS a thousand times over but being merciful to Whorn is perhaps the greatest insult you could bestow.  They can't be angry at us for putting up 40, 50, even 60 points  (although we could have and should have).

They have no one to blame but themselves and now they are stuck with the mess Texas created in the first place.
Knowing that the entire world is laughing at Texas is never boring.
Knowing that the state they called nothing but a bunch of degenerate hick inbreeders had to resort to PITY for the once-proud-and-oh-so-mighty Texas Longwhorns is the biggest middle finger I could bestow upon their godforsaken cat litter of a state.  Mexico can have them back.  I'm forever done with that cesspool called Texas, thank God.

Still not bored.
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

JayBell

I've said for years that I'd rather have a "boring," stifling, punishing defense than a flashy offense any day of the week.  No matter how much people want to hope and pray that offenses will revolutionize the game, defense still always wins championships.

Fan1958

Getting dangerously close to my take that many "fans" would rather lose 51-48 with 500 passing yards (while giving up 600) than win 17-0 with 150 passing yards and 225 rushing yards while holding the opposition to 59 total yards.

As one of the commentators said last night BP had topped out here (UNLESS he decided a defense was needed--my take).

When you impose your will on a team on the defensive side of the ball and then the offense controls the ball with drives of 6-8 minutes and comes away with points the other team quits.  That's why Bama is a perennial top 3 team and whether you believe it or not BB is taking Arkansas there and within the next two years and for a period of however long he stays the road to the SEC will go thru Bama and Arkansas.

The others in the West, including AU, are going to be looking up at the two teams that are alphabetically 1-2 in the division.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

hogsanity

Many of those who talk about boring football are avoiding this thread.  No hog fan is ever going to say stomping the horns is boring. My question is how many would say it was boring had it been TT next season?

I watched the post game show on the long horn network, and I had never seen 4 sadder dudes on a sports show. To their credit , they showed the high lites and broke down the plays, giving credit to the Hogs for all the good things they did. None of them said it was boring, they said it was what they all wanted to see from the horns. They went on to say that BA was all Texas needs Swoopes to be, make some plays to keep drives moving, but that Strong needs to build a team that ANY QB can have success with.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

texas tush hog

Thanks for posting this,I searched and searched but could not find it,but it is descriptive of the whole game. Texas hottie disappointed wahhh.

Hoggish1

Actually, this is SEC football.  Nothing boring about kicking someone's @ss, especially Texass!

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigredone on December 29, 2014, 11:41:53 pm
Love the manly game of football. Kicks the dog crap out of sissy little 12 girly ball.

+1 LOL, sissy little 12 girly ball...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

If we can go into Tuscaloosa next year and do that to Bama I will full-on "Ship my bed"..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OLDHOG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 30, 2014, 09:54:18 am
If we can go into Tuscaloosa next year and do that to Bama I will full-on "Ship my bed"..!
HA, me too. It's a good start, I think.

LJHOG

Watching Arkansas running backs rip off 5, 10, count it off at 15 yard runs is not boring.  And against Texass it's just sweet.

Hoggish1

I could boost her        spirits....

Speedracer

Boring for Texas fans.  Hell, I recorded the game and watching that ish again tonight!  After ALL those battles in the SEC though, this game certainly wasn't near the challenge is what I would say.

To me, the late adopter, this was HUGE for the coaching staff
Like smites bother me.

Hoggish1

Quote from: SpanHog on December 30, 2014, 08:15:31 am
all the hotties of Texas put together could not outshine the sheer beauty of stomping the $#!# out of Whorn.  We gave them their 7 points out of pity and from referee ineptness and it did nothing to stop the slow, steady bleeding from the inside.  CBB could have RUTS a thousand times over but being merciful to Whorn is perhaps the greatest insult you could bestow.  They can't be angry at us for putting up 40, 50, even 60 points  (although we could have and should have).

They have no one to blame but themselves and now they are stuck with the mess Texas created in the first place.
Knowing that the state they called nothing but a bunch of degenerate hick inbreeders had to resort to PITY for the once-proud-and-oh-so-mighty Texas Longwhorns is the biggest middle finger I could bestow upon their godforsaken cat litter of a state.  Mexico can have them back.  I'm forever done with that cesspool called Texas, thank God.

Still not bored.

Had to get you off of dead center for that nice work!

snoblind

Saw this on Shaggy Bevo last night during their meltdown.  With a comment along the lines of we can't even have hot babes like we used to.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

snoblind

Quote from: SpanHog on December 30, 2014, 08:15:31 am

Still not bored.

Come on, man.  Tell us how you really feel.

:)

hoghelmet14

in the NFL.... since a child I have been a Dolphins fan..... I remember the Marino years when Dan would put up 49 points throwing the ball.... and the Fins would lose.

so..... I am on board with this:  I would rather win 3-0 than lose 49-48!

mlloyd4

Boring compared to the Matt Jones/Eli Manning 7OT win over Ole Miss or the Quinn Grovey/Andre Ware "Shoot Out" win in Little Rock, sure then yes.

But I'm more of a defense wins championships 3 yards and a cloud of dust kind of guy, so I'm loving Coach Bielema. Honestly, I can't remember the last time we had this intense of defense. It's been that long...
WPS

Torqued pork

I didn't know if I would ever see a Hog defense gel and dominate against legitimate teams like they have done. It's exhilarating. Can't wait for next season.