Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cowboy fans, does it bother you

Started by Hawgphish, July 21, 2012, 09:43:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

Does it bother you to see Romo bouncing around the off season playing in golf tournaments?  I know he is a good golfer and considered playing professionally but.......how about working on your QB skills.   

Pudgepork

I don't pay much attention to the Cowboys much.  I did not know that Romo was doing this.   Yeah that would bother me if I were a fan.    I became a Viking fan in the latter years that Jim Lindsey was there.    I hated Dallas and Pittburgh because they seemed to have the Vikings number.    After Lindsey and the purple people eaters left I pretty much was a casual pro football viewer.

I do find it incredible though that the Cowboys are promoted as being the highest earning, richest franchise in the 85 bil range, and don't have a reliable qb.  I was shocked that they didn't go after C Palmer last year or even the year before.   I think he could do really well for Cowboys.   He has looked rusty at times after not playing for awhile but he has also looked like his past form is coming back in his first year with the Raiders. 

I just cant believe how stupid the Cowboy Org appears to stick with Romo year after year

secfan30

arky870

i love the cowboys but romo is a bum. jj needs to trade for mallet!!

cityhog

Hogeration

Quote from: Pudgepork on July 21, 2012, 09:50:50 am
I don't pay much attention to the Cowboys much.  I did not know that Romo was doing this.   Yeah that would bother me if I were a fan.    I became a Viking fan in the latter years that Jim Lindsey was there.    I hated Dallas and Pittburgh because they seemed to have the Vikings number.    After Lindsey and the purple people eaters left I pretty much was a casual pro football viewer.

I do find it incredible though that the Cowboys are promoted as being the highest earning, richest franchise in the 85 bil range, and don't have a reliable qb.  I was shocked that they didn't go after C Palmer last year or even the year before.   I think he could do really well for Cowboys.   He has looked rusty at times after not playing for awhile but he has also looked like his past form is coming back in his first year with the Raiders. 

I just cant believe how stupid the Cowboy Org appears to stick with Romo year after year
Viking fan here too. Lived there for about 3 years while in grad school. It may be cold but what an awesome town. Really glad to see some Hogs going up there to play.

DallasHogFan

Does it bother you that Romo has a top 2 all time QB rating? Or does it bother you that that's all behind a patchwork offensive line with NFL receivers that dont know what routes to run and have with no real running game to speak of? Romo is the only thing that has put this offense into the endzone the last 3 years. Find your problems elsewhere.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Dr. Starcs

+1 DallasHogFan

Romo is not perfect by any means, but definitely a top 10 qb in the league right now.

DallasHogFan

And the Cowboys are valued around $1.85Bil.... Not freaking $85bil. He's a man, it's the offseason, let him play some golf. Jeeze. There has never been a issue with him when it comes I showing up to camp in shape or putting forth effort. Would you rather him be getting into fights at clubs or "making it rain?" Hes a competitor, let him play some off season golf.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Pulled(PP)pork

what bothers me is that they haven't locked him down with a "contract for life"

;D

Pulled out...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DallasHogFan on July 21, 2012, 10:16:01 am
And the Cowboys are valued around $1.85Bil.... Not freaking $85bil. He's a man, it's the offseason, let him play some golf. Jeeze. There has never been a issue with him when it comes I showing up to camp in shape or putting forth effort. Would you rather him be getting into fights at clubs or "making it rain?" Hes a competitor, let him play some off season golf.
just issues with holding for the kicker, or getting past the first round of the playoffs.............wheeeeeeeeeeeeen they actually make the playoffs.

Pulled out...

DallasHogFan

The cowboys secondary, offensive line, linebacking core, defensive line, Wr's and running game (in that order) should all be blamed for their playoff/winning issues before things trickle down to Romo.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DallasHogFan on July 21, 2012, 10:48:16 am
The cowboys secondary, offensive line, linebacking core, defensive line, Wr's and running game (in that order) should all be blamed for their playoff/winning issues before things trickle down to Romo.
yet it was Romo who flubbed the snap.......mmmmk

Pulled out...

DallasHogFan

One play his first half season of starting defines his career and rates him as a QB? Wanna to down that road with any hall of famer and see how it works out?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DallasHogFan on July 21, 2012, 11:08:31 am
One play his first half season of starting defines his career and rates him as a QB? Wanna to down that road with any hall of famer and see how it works out?
like he said in his David Feherty interview last year......he's paid to make the plays and he hasn't.  He has said himself that he has to make stellar plays to erase any bad ones the fans have burned in their memory.....yet, he hasn't.  Maybe, just maybe, he isn't capable of it. 

the HOF you speak of, overcame similar issues and took it upon themselves to get to the next level, in essence, raised the play of his teammates.  have you seen that happen? consistently??

Pulled out....

Dr. Starcs

To the op, do you think it bothers raiders or packers fans that Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers are playing in the same event?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DallasHogFan on July 21, 2012, 10:11:34 am
Does it bother you that Romo has a top 2 all time QB rating? Or does it bother you that that's all behind a patchwork offensive line with NFL receivers that dont know what routes to run and have with no real running game to speak of? Romo is the only thing that has put this offense into the endzone the last 3 years. Find your problems elsewhere.

He also made sure to put the lions in the endzone
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 21, 2012, 03:46:19 pm
To the op, do you think it bothers raiders or packers fans that Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers are playing in the same event?

I'm thinking packer fans are ok with it since he has already won them a super bowl.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

arky870

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 21, 2012, 03:46:19 pm

so romo even belongs in the same paragraph as rodgers? he would not make a pimple on rodgers butt

Dr. Starcs

My point being that there are several other starting qbs playing in the same event. People just looking for a reason to hate on Romo. Not fair to criticize him if you're not gonna do the same to the others. Pretty simple I thought.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 22, 2012, 04:28:18 pm
My point being that there are several other starting qbs playing in the same event. People just looking for a reason to hate on Romo. Not fair to criticize him if you're not gonna do the same to the others. Pretty simple I thought.

That is life. When you play for one of the teams that always bring attention to themselves you will get the bulk of the criticism.  Especially if you haven't done anything in the league as far as even winning a playoff game. 

Dr. Starcs

Well he has won 1 playoff game. Not nearly enough for Cowboys fans, but it is a fact.

arky870

when i looked the thread was about romo not every other person in the world that could be talked about. so why would we talk about any other qb? nice deflection though.

Dr. Starcs

Because it's a ridiculous argument. John Elway played in the tournament long before he won his super bowls. To suggest that a qb or any athlete for that matter shouldn't be playing golf in their off-season is asinine. People just want to hate and look for things to criticize about Romo. If you're talking about actual football issues he could improve on, I'm fine with that. But this argument is just grasping.

arky870

when you make the amount of money he does to produce then when you are not doing that ..... you should be working to get better so that you can produce. maybe working on his timing with the wr's instead of his pitching wedge would make all of us go wow he is trying.

Dr. Starcs

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think we as outsiders can really question his work ethic when we have no clue what his off-season training has consisted of. Honest question here arky, who is your team?

arky870

thought it was obvious lol. the cowboys is my pro team. it killed me when he did not draft mallet. romo makes some great plays i give him that. but he turns right around and makes a bonehead play. in my opinion he will never be an above average or better qb.

Hogwop

Quote from: secfan30 on July 21, 2012, 09:55:51 am
It bothers me he is our QB.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 22, 2012, 08:34:26 pm
Honest question here arky, who is your team?

NFC- Cowboys AFC- Steelers
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Dr. Starcs

Arky, I have encountered many Cowboys fans who feel the very same way as you. I guess I just think he's our qb, might as well make the most of it. And I agree about the whole Mallet thing. Romo is an above average qb according to the #s but I agree he's got to get it done in the playoffs and time may not be on his side anymore.

arky870

i would love nothing more than to have to eat a 5 gallon bucket of crow about him after a super bowl win this season  ;)

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 22, 2012, 06:54:52 pm
Well he has won 1 playoff game. Not nearly enough for Cowboys fans, but it is a fact.

So has Tim Tebow....

arky870

95_alum

Add Amani Toomer to the list of those that love Romo:

"Tony Romo is probably, if you look at it, statistically, he's probably the best quarterback in the NFC East"

"I'm talking about for me, if I wanted a guy that is going to throw less interceptions and be more productive, higher completion percentage, I'm going to go with Tony Romo."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8134031/amani-toomer-says-tony-romo-better-quarterback-eli-manning

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 95_alum on July 25, 2012, 01:45:30 pm
Add Amani Toomer to the list of those that love Romo:

"Tony Romo is probably, if you look at it, statistically, he's probably the best quarterback in the NFC East"

"I'm talking about for me, if I wanted a guy that is going to throw less interceptions and be more productive, higher completion percentage, I'm going to go with Tony Romo."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8134031/amani-toomer-says-tony-romo-better-quarterback-eli-manning

Statistically he might be better, but as far as winning in the playoffs he doesn't come close to Eli. 

95_alum

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 25, 2012, 07:30:01 pm
Statistically he might be better, but as far as winning in the playoffs he doesn't come close to Eli. 

I'm with you. As the saying goes, "Fish or cut bait". "S*** or get off the pot". Romo's been with the Cows for a decade now, 6 as their starter. Due just keeps grinnin', wearing his hat on backwards, jettin' on down to Mexico.... I'm tired of it. The Fantasy guys love him. Some of my fellow Cow fans still love him. He can do no wrong. Wish they could see the big picture. One excuse after another, year after year, after year.

HiggiePiggy

Yes 2 games last year were lost because of him.  And people want to say it wasn't all his fault.  The Jets loss and the Lions loss were both his fault. 

Richard_white

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 25, 2012, 10:08:25 pm
Yes 2 games last year were lost because of him.  And people want to say it wasn't all his fault.  The Jets loss and the Lions loss were both his fault. 

And plus having the worse secondary, other than the Patriots.

Romo isn't the answer for the Cowboys.  But letting him go would be huge problem financially for Jerry Jones.  Plus unless he decides to rebuild or land someone from free agency, Romo isn't going anywhere until his contract is up or nearly up.

I would love Jerry Jones to make some kind of trade for Mallett.