Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Steen officially signs with WWE

Started by nattyhypethe3rd, August 12, 2014, 03:27:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nattyhypethe3rd

Do not know if any of you are familiar with the indie scene but this is a huge signing for WWE.  Can not post pic of him with Paul but if you are not familiar with him then look up his ladder match with El Generico aka Sami Zayn at PGW's "Steenwolf" on youtube.  Very brutal ladder match. 
"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

jbell96

IMO, NXT needs some new blood as the product has been a bit stale lately. Adding Devitt, Kenta, & Steen will definitely give them the bump they need. It's just a shame Kenta & Punk will never happen. Battle of the GTS would have been sweet.

nattyhypethe3rd

Absolutely.  The future is looking bright though.  That Kenta Punk matchup would be a classic.  If things go a bit Daniel Bryan's way, I could see Kenta vs Bryan.
"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

nattyhypethe3rd

Absolutely.  Granted a toned down Kevin Steen but still Kevin Steen.  You know when Steve Austin has been saying you need to be on WWE then the day you sign you have The Rock and Steve Austin tweeting you welcoming you to WWE.  You're huge for WWE.  Great move by Paul with getting him, Kenta, Devitt, and Zayn on the same show.

jbell96

In Austin's tweet, he told Steen that he needed to work on cardio, among other things. LOL

nattyhypethe3rd

Yes but Stone Cold has been publicly saying for WWE to pick him up.  Even gave Steen the advice to never shut up.  I'm interested in how they will do his finisher since it's a package piledriver.  I've heard if he proves that he does it safely, he'll get to keep it.  Also I bet you Paul will not allow creative, Vince, Dunn, and booking to screw up Zayn, Kenta, Devitt, Pac aka Neville, and Steen when they get called up to the main roster like they have with Paige, Adam Rose, and Big E.

nattyhypethe3rd

Then again the package piledriver also has to with who it is being performed on so I don't really see it being used much like Zayn's brainbuster which they have been teasing on NXT for months.  Steen and Zayn are definitely going to be rivals due to the chemistry they had in the Indies against each other.  I just hope WWE screws them up.  The main roster creatively right now are not ready for this bunch because of how they adopted the past Leveaque produced NXT stars. 

GreenwayTigerHog

Happend to run across his last ROH match against Corino.  Never heard of him until this thread.  Honestly I don't see what the attraction to him is. 

jbell96

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on August 25, 2014, 10:18:21 am
Happend to run across his last ROH match against Corino.  Never heard of him until this thread.  Honestly I don't see what the attraction to him is. 

Well Corino isn't exactly the worker he was 10-15 years ago. If you go and watch ROH matches of Steen vs El Generico (Zayn) you will see what he can do.

GreenwayTigerHog

Yeah I didn't even know Corino was still alive.

nattyhypethe3rd

Also his PWG matches.  Really just highlights on youtube.