Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great column from JR about Cena

Started by jbell96, August 11, 2014, 11:54:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

http://www.foxsports.com/other/story/john-cena-s-a-polarizing-figure-because-of-wwe-s-failure-to-build-around-him-081114

This is spot on. I don't like Cena much at all, but it isn't his fault that Vince and the rest of creative have done a crap job of creating new stars. I do think that once he passes the torch that things will change.

Eddie Goodson

Excellent read. Of course Ross has it nailed down.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

I agree to a certain extent.I also believe the reason why we are still stuck in the baby diaper Cena era is because Vince doesn't trust anyone anymore.  All the biggest stars who draw leaves WWE. 

I believe that is another reason why we are almost 10 years into SuperCena era.

Dr. Starcs

Why has Sheamus not caught on?  I think he won the title a time or two but is he not a viable contender for a superstar status?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 12, 2014, 04:15:32 pm
Why has Sheamus not caught on?  I think he won the title a time or two but is he not a viable contender for a superstar status?
To me, he is a better heel. Seems like an injury killed his big push the last time he had one.

That's been the age old problem for WWE. Injures mess everything up. Austin, Michaels, Bryan, HHH.... The list is long on guys either white hot on fire or set to be get injured and are gone in a flash.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbell96

I don't know what happened to Sheamus, but I agree with Eddie that he is a  much better heel. He is just Cena Lite as a face. I think when he was in the midst of his heel run against HHH & Cena he had a bad injury that hurt his momentum. 

I also agree with whoever said Vince goes with Cena because he doesn't trust anyone else. Hopefully when Vince hands control over to someone else we will see some legitimate change.

SwinerBock

With regards to Sheymoos, yes he is big, yes he is strong, but I just have a hard time picturing him as that kick-ass ultimate heel.  The best heels always had that look of "I'm gonna steal your little kid's lunch money" on their face.  I just don't get that same feeling with Sheamus.

jbell96

Quote from: SwinerBock on August 12, 2014, 11:25:29 pm
With regards to Sheymoos, yes he is big, yes he is strong, but I just have a hard time picturing him as that kick-ass ultimate heel.  The best heels always had that look of "I'm gonna steal your little kid's lunch money" on their face.  I just don't get that same feeling with Sheamus.

He had a really solid heel run with big wins over Cena & HHH. He played the bully role really well in a brief feud with Santino so he can be a believable heel, just needs the chance. I absolutely hate his face character.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 12, 2014, 04:15:32 pm

Ill tell you when i think everything changed for Shemus.  He was in the middle of his butt kicking bully heel run.  At the same time Nexus was taking everybody out one by one.  Shemus runs into Nexus back stage, runs like a little girl (which is fine, thats what a heel is supposed to do).  But then he runs screaming WHERES CENA WHERES CENA...  SHemus and Cena took Nexus out that night
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: jbell96 on August 12, 2014, 04:30:44 pm
Hopefully when Vince hands control over to someone else we will see some legitimate change.

The day that happens is the day Vince dies.