Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WWE Money in the Bank 2014: Results and observations

Started by jbcarol, June 30, 2014, 07:12:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

The Squared Circle

Quote- WWE Tag Team Championship – The Usos def. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan)

- WWE Divas Championship – Paige def. Naomi

- Adam Rose def. Paul Revere (Damien Sandow)

- Seth Rollins wins the Money in the Bank briefcase

- Stardust & Goldust def. RybAxel

- Rusev def. Big E

- Layla def. Summer Rae

- John Cena wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Now, let's go through my thoughts and observations from Money in the Bank:

John Cena wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

The sum of every Internet wrestling fan's fears came to fruition Sunday, as John Cena climbed the ladder and hooked the title belts to become a 15-time world champion.

Yes, that is 15 times, which is only one behind Ric Flair for the most recognized world title reigns in wrestling history. At least that's what the WWE tells me all the time.

Why would fans be frustrated by the fact that Cena won the title again? It's because they've seen it time and time and time and time again. There's absolutely nothing new about it.

With Daniel Bryan hurt, the WWE played the safe bet and put the titles on its No. 1 draw in Cena. There's nothing wrong with that from a business stand point. In fact, it make a lot of sense, but the fans wanted to see a new star take the next step up the ladder, no pun intended, and become champion.

People were really behind Cesaro, Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt because they were the only ones in the match that have yet to win a world championship. With Bryan's injury forcing the title to be vacated, it looked as if the WWE had a prime opportunity to elevate someone.

However, there's one major problem with that. His name is Brock Lesnar. If the reports are true, then Lesnar is line to receive a title shot at Summerslam, which he almost assuredly going to win. He did end The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak the last time he was in the ring after all.

Putting Cesaro or Reigns in that position would do more harm than good. Nobody wants to be a transitional champion, especially guys that could use the extra steam...

Was it best for business?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogsanity

My take was that, by putting the belt on Cena, they are admitting that DB is going to be out for a long time.  If not, they would have put it on a heel to hold just til DB got back.  Lesnar, even if he wins the belts at Summer Slam, will not hold them for long.  WWE is not going to have a part timer hold the belts for more than maybe a 2 ppv span.

So maybe Lesnar takes the belts from Cena at summer slam, but who will carry the belts through the fall and winter? Surely not Lesnar, nothing indicates he is coming back to full time status, and, for the same reasons they could not leave the belt on DB, they won't leave them on a part time Lesnar either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ThrillaHog

It just sickens me that Cena has held the WWE title 15 times. Vince stop being scared and put the damn belt on someone new to shake it up!

hogsanity

Quote from: ThrillaHog on June 30, 2014, 12:02:29 pm
It just sickens me that Cena has held the WWE title 15 times. Vince stop being scared and put the damn belt on someone new to shake it up!

I was hoping it would be Kane last night, which would have set up good matches either way at summer slam.  Kane/DB is basically good/vs evil.  Kane?lesnar is just two giants going at it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jbell96

I'm not going to complain about Cena winning last night because I knew it was going to happen.

That said, if they think doing what they always do when they are in trouble, put the belt on Cena, is going to help subscriptions to the network then they are truly oblivious. The crowd last night popped for the newer stars, Reigns, Cesaro, & Bray, and groaned at the older more established guys, Cena & Orton, when they came out.

I just know that I am not going to renew my subscription after Summerslam. Cena vs Lesnar at Summerslam is a no win situation. You either have Cena win, and completely destroy all momentum Brock has from ending the streak, or you put the belt on a part time guy, again, and show your audience that the current roster of guys aren't good enough to beat Cena.

They have killed all of Cesaro's momentum from Wrestlemania, same with Bray by feeding him to Cena, so they have nobody else to blame for not having a fall back plan that would work.

Big Papa Satan

hogsanity

Quote from: jbell96 on June 30, 2014, 12:12:34 pm
I'm not going to complain about Cena winning last night because I knew it was going to happen.

That said, if they think doing what they always do when they are in trouble, put the belt on Cena, is going to help subscriptions to the network then they are truly oblivious. The crowd last night popped for the newer stars, Reigns, Cesaro, & Bray, and groaned at the older more established guys, Cena & Orton, when they came out.

I just know that I am not going to renew my subscription after Summerslam. Cena vs Lesnar at Summerslam is a no win situation. You either have Cena win, and completely destroy all momentum Brock has from ending the streak, or you put the belt on a part time guy, again, and show your audience that the current roster of guys aren't good enough to beat Cena.

They have killed all of Cesaro's momentum from Wrestlemania, same with Bray by feeding him to Cena, so they have nobody else to blame for not having a fall back plan that would work.

The network is the thing that makes it more palatable. My 11 yr old watches something on there just about every day, and it is the only way we would see the ppv's.  Before the network, we would buy WM, and that was it.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: hogsanity on June 30, 2014, 12:06:06 pm
I was hoping it would be Kane last night, which would have set up good matches either way at summer slam.  Kane/DB is basically good/vs evil.  Kane?lesnar is just two giants going at it.

I agree. I could've lived with Kane carrying the belt but putting it back on Cena just makes me sick.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: jbell96 on June 30, 2014, 12:12:34 pm

Completely agree. Bray Wyatt was and is the best thing in the WWE right now and they are just ruining him. I will never understand why WWE builds up guys and then just buries them.

WWE just makes horrible decisions....Like Batista winning the Royal Rumble

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: ThrillaHog on June 30, 2014, 02:02:54 pmWWE just makes horrible decisions....Like Batista winning the Royal Rumble

It's what happens when you have a booking creative committee.

Last word is still Vince, and he's known for making incredibly stupid decisions as well.

Richard_white

Another news , John Cena buries more wrestlers. Let the shoveling continue.

Eddie Goodson

The original quote is spot on. You don't put the strap on a developing star for a short term reign. You put it on anyone other than Cena and then have them drop it to Lesnar, you kill their push. I have no problem with this, but I don't have blind hatred for Cena either. Bryan's neck has thrown a serious moneywrench into the WWE's plans for this year. Reign's and Cesaro's times are coming. Quit wanting to rush it. They are not ready yet.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 30, 2014, 02:42:56 pm
The original quote is spot on. You don't put the strap on a developing star for a short term reign. You put it on anyone other than Cena and then have them drop it to Lesnar, you kill their push. I have no problem with this, but I don't have blind hatred for Cena either. Bryan's neck has thrown a serious moneywrench into the WWE's plans for this year. Reign's and Cesaro's times are coming. Quit wanting to rush it. They are not ready yet.

Then the WWE needs to quit feeding them to Cena. And what do you mean by rushing the younger talent?  Like they did with Cena in 04? 

And havent we already seen a Cena/Brock match?  Oh yeah, Brock let Cena go over him in his return match.

Richard_white

And another, because I dislike Cena doesn't keep me from being perspective. Being a fan of wrestling is all subjective. Eye of the beholder.  What I find entertaining may not be entertaining to anyone else. 

Cena has squashed many potential characters. Like Sandow. And Bray Wyatt. I can't even take him serious anymore because of his fued with Cena.

And how isnt Bray ready?  Promos? Wrestling? Story telling? Him being over?  I guess I don't watch what many are watching from WWE.

Eddie Goodson

The good guy wins in the end and the bad guy loses. It is what it is. Has been done this way for decades. Change the names and the storyline remains the same. People want the good guy to win in the end.

How anyone can think Brey Wyatt did not immerge from the Cena feud better than he went in baffles me.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 30, 2014, 04:00:39 pm
The good guy wins in the end and the bad guy loses. It is what it is. Has been done this way for decades. Change the names and the storyline remains the same. People want the good guy to win in the end.

How anyone can think Brey Wyatt did not immerge from the Cena feud better than he went in baffles me.

So Bray immerged from his fued with Cena?  How so?  Back to mid card?  Even a world champion was mid card to Cena.  So how did it immerge Bray Wyatt?

Also, I don't think we are watching the same thing every Monday night. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on June 30, 2014, 04:27:07 pm
So Bray immerged from his fued with Cena?  How so?  Back to mid card?  Even a world champion was mid card to Cena.  So how did it immerge Bray Wyatt?

Also, I don't think we are watching the same thing every Monday night. 
How in the world is he mid card? He just wrestled in the main event last night. He has been main eventing Raw and Smackdown multiple times since the feud ended. He is appearing multiple times during those broadcast in vignettes. He is one of the most exposed wrestlers in the company right now.

TomasPistola

I'm not certain it's that easy to even tell who is a mid carder anymore. They jettisoned alot of jobbers and to me that brought down the "mid-card" wrestlers.

Ziggler, Kofi, Big E, Ryback, Hennig, etc are the ones losing most of the time now. Before, I would have said they were mid carders. Now? Eh...

The reason the Wyatt family has gotten over so well is because they have actually crafted a angle. The reason Daniel Bryan got over was because he had a angle. Punk, an angle. The rest of these guys are filler. If you can't take the talent you have and put them into a conflict with someone else that results in a personal issue being resolved, it's just fake fighting.

WWE needs to take a long look at all those wrestlers they fired. It's not all on them. WWE failed them, and they are damn close to failing those "mid-carders" I mentioned above.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 30, 2014, 04:41:22 pm
How in the world is he mid card? He just wrestled in the main event last night. He has been main eventing Raw and Smackdown multiple times since the feud ended. He is appearing multiple times during those broadcast in vignettes. He is one of the most exposed wrestlers in the company right now.

He is mid card level.  He loses his matches even when he even has/had help. 

I'm old school.  When I consider main event, they win many of their Main Event matches. 

CM Punk was mid card as World Champion.  You say Bray is main event status?  How so?  Because he is in the main event?  Hell, the Brooklyn Brawler was in a few main event matches.  I never thought he was a main eventer.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on June 30, 2014, 06:38:11 pm
He is mid card level.  He loses his matches even when he even has/had help. 

I'm old school.  When I consider main event, they win many of their Main Event matches. 

CM Punk was mid card as World Champion.  You say Bray is main event status?  How so?  Because he is in the main event?  Hell, the Brooklyn Brawler was in a few main event matches.  I never thought he was a main eventer.

You must have hated the Four Horsemen then. Ric Flair said they spent their career as a group getting the good guys over. He said that's what the bad guys do. It's why he hated the whole idea of the NWO. The bad guys are supposed to lose. His words, not mine.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 30, 2014, 06:33:44 pm
I'm not certain it's that easy to even tell who is a mid carder anymore. They jettisoned alot of jobbers and to me that brought down the "mid-card" wrestlers.

Ziggler, Kofi, Big E, Ryback, Hennig, etc are the ones losing most of the time now. Before, I would have said they were mid carders. Now? Eh...

The reason the Wyatt family has gotten over so well is because they have actually crafted a angle. The reason Daniel Bryan got over was because he had a angle. Punk, an angle. The rest of these guys are filler. If you can't take the talent you have and put them into a conflict with someone else that results in a personal issue being resolved, it's just fake fighting.

WWE needs to take a long look at all those wrestlers they fired. It's not all on them. WWE failed them, and they are damn close to failing those "mid-carders" I mentioned above.
Totally agree on those you listed. I don't know what Ziggler has done, but Vince is determined to keep him squashed. Dolph and Kofi can flat out get it done in the ring and both have now passed the century mark in televised losses.

I can only guess those guys are who Jim Ross refers to when he talks about guys who are not willing to go all out to make it to the top of the card. He says they are just happy to be mid level guys. I don't know.

I have also heard they are gun shy with Dolph because of concussions in his past. Like it or not they are going to hold Bryan's injury against all those up and comers who they fear will get pushed and then get hurt. Some guys who could go over aren't even going to get the chance because of Daniel Bryan. The old line 'Once bitten, twice shy' comes into play.

TomasPistola

The problem in my eyes is this guys are not allowed to be themselves. They're not allowed to go out there and be themselves and get the character. They have to "Be a Star" and "be an entertainer not a wrestler" and stuff like that. It limits these guys so much. You think they are writing Bray Wyatt's stuff? I highly doubt it.

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

Completely agree. 

I do believe Wyatt is in fact writing his promos. It is yet another thing that makes him so good to me. That and that horror movie backbend spider crawl he does. Freaks me out everytime. Gives you the impression of being posessed or something.

The_Iceman

The timing wasn't right for anyone other than Cena to win the title. This sets him up to lose to Brock Lesnar at Summerslam, followed by Seth Rollins cashing in his MitB briefcase. With Rollins being groomed by Triple H, it sets him up with many good feuds during his reign as champion: Ambrose, Reigns, Bryan, Orton, Cena, etc.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 01, 2014, 07:26:04 am
Completely agree. 

I do believe Wyatt is in fact writing his promos. It is yet another thing that makes him so good to me. That and that horror movie backbend spider crawl he does. Freaks me out everytime. Gives you the impression of being posessed or something.

Its awesome! Its about time WWE started coming up with characters again, instead of the same ole "First Name-Last Name" generic stuff. While that is the case with "Bray Wyatt", he is much more than that with his entire character.

WWE ran something on their website I'm kinda interested to see them go with. They were talking about what wrestlers would look like in face-paint, and Dean Ambrose looked awesome. With his crazy attitude act that he is going with, imagine him tormenting Seth Rollins looking like this:

jbcarol

WWE Raw results (06/30/14):

QuoteMatch results:

- Seth Rollins def. Rob Van Dam

- The Wyatt Family def. Sheamus & The Usos

- The Funkadactyls def. Nikki Bella

- Kofi Kingston def. Cesaro

- The Great Khali def. Damien Sandow (Vince McMahon)

- Dolph Ziggler def. Fandango

- Goldust & Stardust def. RybAxel

- WWE Divas Championship – AJ Lee def. Paige

- John Cena & Roman Reigns def. Randy Orton & Kane via disqualification

Chris Jericho makes surprise return, gets beat up by Bray Wyatt

I listen to Chris Jericho's podcast every week. He's stated on numerous occasions that the only reason why he would come back to the WWE is if he was in a featured role and the storyline was going to be fun for him to sink his teeth into.

It looks like he got his wish, as Y2J made a surprise return to the WWE Monday. After dispatching of The Miz...  According to PWInsider.com, Jericho is figured into the WWE's plans until at least Night of Champions in September.

Triple H, who was seated at ringside, had warned Cena earlier about a potential cash in from Seth Rollins. Triple H, along with WWE doctors, checked on Cena and saw that he was out cold.

Triple H, seeing an opportunity right in front of him, gave the signal for Rollins to come down with the briefcase. For whatever reason the officials took too long in ringing the bell to start the match, but this allowed Dean Ambrose enough time to thwart Rollins' cash in attempt.

If there was someone out there who didn't think Reigns was in line for a match with Triple H at Summerslam, that thought had to be out of the window by the end of Raw Monday.

Mrs. CM Punk, better known as AJ Lee, returned to Raw Monday and essentially played the same ploy on Paige that Paige used on her the night after WrestleMania.

The Authority announced Monday that Cena would defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Battleground in a fatal four-way against Orton, Reigns and Kane.

I fully expect Cena to come out of this with the titles still in hand.

Bad News Barrett was stripped of the Intercontinental Championship after suffering a bad shoulder injury during last week's Smackdown taping.

Jack Swagger, Zeb Colter confront Rusev, Lana...

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Eddie Goodson

I marked out for the Real Americans face turn. Loved it. Now if they'll just not have Rusev squash Swagger both can elevate themselves. Zeb is just pure money on that mic. I'll take Zeb over Heyman right now.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 01, 2014, 10:59:34 am
I marked out for the Real Americans face turn. Loved it. Now if they'll just not have Rusev squash Swagger both can elevate themselves. Zeb is just pure money on that mic. I'll take Zeb over Heyman right now.

Swagger is an excellent in ring wrestler. Hes got the technique and size to be a factor. But he's just always been missing something to put him over.

To sell this face turn, he needs to go back to the red, white, and blue gear and go All-American on Rusev.

Eddie Goodson

hogsanity

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on July 01, 2014, 01:55:12 pm
Ziggler and Barrett would disagree.

Didn't both of their injuries occur during brawls outside the ring tho?

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 01, 2014, 02:29:48 pm
Didn't both of their injuries occur during brawls outside the ring tho?

I know Barrett's did, but I thought Zigglers was in the ring.

The_Iceman

jbcarol

***Spoiler Alert***

Smackdown July 4th show taped July 1 in Newark

QuoteSeth Rollins starts the show and is immediately attacked by Dean Ambrose.  Randy Orton comes out to help his fellow Authority-ite, and Roman Reigns shows up to even the score...

Big E v. Cesaro: So we're doing that again.  [Cesaro recovered sufficiently from eye injury suffered Monday night.]

Sheamus celebrated his love of America and beating dudes on the chest while people count with a victory over Alberto Del Rio to retain his United States championship.

Chris Jericho is out to huge cheers.  He taunts Bray Wyatt for another pop, and is interrupted by The Miz.  Just like Monday, Miz takes a Codebreaker...

Raw's other return, AJ Lee, comes out to a big ovation (AJ is a New Jersey native, but she's also extremely over).  The Divas champ cut a promo and defeated Eva Marie by submission.  No sign of Paige.

Damien Sandow did Bruce Springsteen, complete with a version of Born in the USA.  Lana and Rusev take the stage, and The Ravishing Russian gets in her licks on America on her birthday.  Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger to the rescue.  Colter cuts a return promo that the crowd eats up.  Loud "USA" and "We the People" chants...

The main event is Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose...  Smackdown ends just like Raw did - with Roman Reigns standing tall.

Dr. Starcs

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 02, 2014, 08:38:00 am
I have never liked Jericho

He will, however, put over Wyatt.  Jericho's always done business in that regard.

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 30, 2014, 08:22:20 pm
You must have hated the Four Horsemen then. Ric Flair said they spent their career as a group getting the good guys over. He said that's what the bad guys do. It's why he hated the whole idea of the NWO. The bad guys are supposed to lose. His words, not mine.

Ric Flair is a 16 time World Champion.  Yeah, he got a lot of good guys over. 

The Four Horsemen was already built to put people over.  Kind of like John Cena.  The one who doesn't lose much. And when he loses and isn't clean. Who gets the rub on the one who is over at the time.  Kind of like Sandow.  Sandow is a lot better after his fued with Cena, huh.

The difference between Bray Wyatt and the four horsemen other than the fact of numerous titles, matches and main events won; Bray Wyatt has only been on the WWE roster for a year at the most.  Not sure how you can compare the two.  But like I said, wrestling is subjective.  Eyes of the beholder. 

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TheRazorback500

Bray Wyatt needs to get rid of the two stooges and Cesaro needs to ditch Heyman to move up into title contention IMO.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hvsupastar

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on July 02, 2014, 07:23:21 pm
Bray Wyatt needs to get rid of the two stooges and Cesaro needs to ditch Heyman to move up into title contention IMO.

There is no way Cesaro loses Heyman and gets better. I don't think Wyatt will lose his family until the face turn
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TheRazorback500

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 02, 2014, 07:25:00 pm
There is no way Cesaro loses Heyman and gets better. I don't think Wyatt will lose his family until the face turn
I agree-I just can't stand Heyman!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

TomasPistola

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 02, 2014, 07:20:06 pm
I for one, am very excited Y2J is back

This. He's in it because he wants to be. He's in a good angle (so far) and will do business when it's time to do business.
You were right.
You did a great job.

TomasPistola

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on July 02, 2014, 07:23:21 pm

Disagree completely.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Doug

For being supposed heels, the Wyatt family is EXTREMELY over right now... who'da thunk that a NXT Husky Harris (who couldn't get over worth a damn) would be SO over right now with a backwoods hick cultist persona. With the kind of familial wrestling legacy that Wyndham Rotunda comes from... I'm actually happy to see how well he is doing. I hate the character, which means that the WWE is doing something right with the Bray Wyatt persona.  Still trying to figure out Eric Rowan and Luke Harper... they both have the look of being creepy tow truck drivers or garbage men.

The Wyatt family is the Anti-Daniel Bryan right now... in the fact that they're probably just as over as DB is, but on the heel (want to be face) side.

Cesaro needs Heyman right now. Until Claudio can effectively learn how to PROPERLY work the crowd on the stick, Heyman is his mouthpiece.

Y2J has always been one of the most unselfish workers in the business. He had a LOT to overcome during his WCW days. Got shat on a lot. When WWE gave him his chance, he did right by them and by his fellow wrestlers. This is probably the single most important reason as to why Chris is able to take extended sabbaticals and promptly get put into storylines that are hot right out of the gate.

Dean Ambrose needs to continue going after Seth. Roman needs to learn to work the stick a little better... but he's on the cusp of being one heck of a face. When he turns heel (hopefully not for a while), he'll be a monster heel. He's got the looks, size, speed and agility to be the next generation's main eventers for quite some time.

I am 100% indifferent about Cena. The clothes and opponents may change, the schtick, the (lack of) moves and the style never changes. BOR-RING!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Eddie Goodson

July 02, 2014, 09:49:55 pm #44 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:09:57 am by Eddie Goodson
I am very high on Luke Harper. I believe he will an outstanding big man for years to come. I don't know what his next incarnation will be but if they get it right he will be one of the big men they need to replace a retiring Cain.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 02, 2014, 09:49:55 pm
I am very high on Luke Harper. I believe he will an outstanding big man for years to come. I don't know what his next incarnation will be but if they get it right he will be one of the big men they need to replace a retiring Cane.

JR suggested a few weeks back on the podcast that Luke Harper with Jake Roberts as a mouth piece / manager. Sign me up for that one

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 02, 2014, 10:00:34 pm
JR suggested a few weeks back on the podcast that Luke Harper with Jake Roberts as a mouth piece / manager. Sign me up for that one
I'd like to see that too.

The_Iceman

I'd love to see the Undertaker come back in a manager type role and form a new Ministry of Darkness with the Ascension. They could feud with Harper and Rowan leading up to wrestlemania, setting up a six man tag with the MoD and the Wyatt family.

Since the Undertaker may be getting to where he can't do singles competition anymore, this would be a great opportunity to keep him around and maximize what he can give the WWE right now.

jbcarol

Raw full match results from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada:

Quote- The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) def. The Usos

- Rusev def. Rob Van Dam

- Randy Orton def. Dean Ambrose

- No. contender match for United States Championship - Alberto Del Rio def. Dolph Ziggler

- Sheamus def. Damien Sandow (Bret Hart)

- Chris Jericho def. The Miz

- AJ Lee & Paige def. The Funkadactyls (Namoi & Cameron)

- Kofi Kingston def. Cesaro

- Bo Dallas def. El Torito

- John Cena def. Seth Rollins via disqualification

One of the agents, Fit Finlay, caught a spear from Reigns, which was just collateral damage from the chaos between him and Kane.

Talk about a hot start to the show. This was a much needed change from the usual, "Welcome to Monday Night Raw!" from Stephanie McMahon every...single...week.

While I had no issue with The Wyatts beating The Usos clean in the middle of the ring, I had a bit of an uneasy feeling about Randy Orton beating Dean Ambrose with a clean finish.

It's not that I think Ambrose should have beaten Orton clean, I just think that if Orton was going to beat a rising star like Ambrose, he should have done it by performing some underhanded tactic to have Ambrose look better in defeat.

Ambrose didn't stay down long, as he lived up to his promise of thwarting every one of Rollins' attempts to cash in the Money in the Bank contract.

Richard_white

Not sure how Bray is over after his fued with Cena. Nobody will take him serious since he couldn't defeat Cena. Even with help.  But since he is a top heel, so be it.

One thing I find ironic,  they broke up the shield but have Cena go over Rollins soon after.  Even if it wasnt clean.  I'm having trouble seeing the WWE direction with a lot of their development.