Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CM Punk officially retired

Started by nattyhypethe3rd, May 29, 2014, 05:27:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nattyhypethe3rd

"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

Richard_white

nattyhypethe3rd

Yeah me either.  WWE has gone down the crapper for the past few weeks and Vince losing tons of money by the second is not helping either.  They gotta find some way to jump start their product.
"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

Richard_white

Quote from: nattyhypethe3rd on May 29, 2014, 06:16:13 pm
Yeah me either.  WWE has gone down the crapper for the past few weeks and Vince losing tons of money by the second is not helping either.  They gotta find some way to jump start their product.

It's not just the last few weeks, IMO.  It's been falling down for quite some time. The product as a whole isn't very good.  Some bright spots...Shield, Cesaro and the Wyatt's. 

nattyhypethe3rd

I don't know if you saw the Zayn vs Cesaro match at Arrival but that was just pure awesome.  Zayn had a match against Breeze last night at Takeover which actually was very good despite the botch towards the end (just too much in too little time).  WWE has something in Sami Zayn.  Just saying.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Richard_white

Quote from: Richard_white on May 29, 2014, 10:27:03 pm
It's not just the last few weeks, IMO.  It's been falling down for quite some time. The product as a whole isn't very good.  Some bright spots...Shield, Cesaro and the Wyatt's. 

As expected, instead of putting someone over SuperCena wins again.  The product is the example of Cena. It sucks.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on June 01, 2014, 09:22:04 pm
As expected, instead of putting someone over SuperCena wins again.  The product is the example of Cena. It sucks.
Last night went exactly how it was supposed to go. The good guys triumph in the end. Last night's match was outstanding. Both men HAVE to be extremely sore, if not outright injured, after last night. Both took some seriously hard bumps. I have not watched the Shield v Evo. match yet but this match was easily the match of the night and probably the best match of any ppv this year outside of a couple WM matches.

The blanket hatred for anything Cena just isn't logical to me. The WWE always needs a character like his and has pretty much had one for the last thirty five years except for the attitude era, and that era is never coming back. Taking the company public has ensured those days are gone for good. Why people blame Cena for not losing more is simply not Cena's fault. We all know full well that the calls for wins and loses rests with one man and one man alone. Vinny Mc.

To say Cena hasn't helped elevate Bray Wyatt to main event status is not true. Cena has helped put Bray Wyatt over since the first of the year. I have zero problem with how this has ended. Cena has helped push the Wyatts and the Usos way up the card.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 02, 2014, 06:36:40 am
Last night went exactly how it was supposed to go. The good guys triumph in the end. Last night's match was outstanding. Both men HAVE to be extremely sore, if not outright injured, after last night. Both took some seriously hard bumps. I have not watched the Shield v Evo. match yet but this match was easily the match of the night and probably the best match of any ppv this year outside of a couple WM matches.

The blanket hatred for anything Cena just isn't logical to me. The WWE always needs a character like his and has pretty much had one for the last thirty five years except for the attitude era, and that era is never coming back. Taking the company public has ensured those days are gone for good. Why people blame Cena for not losing more is simply not Cena's fault. We all know full well that the calls for wins and loses rests with one man and one man alone. Vinny Mc.

To say Cena hasn't helped elevate Bray Wyatt to main event status is not true. Cena has helped put Bray Wyatt over since the first of the year. I have zero problem with how this has ended. Cena has helped push the Wyatts and the Usos way up the card.

The only person who has a problem with my dislike of SuperCen is you.  Whether you like him or not, I do not care.

As for SuperCena pushing Wyatt, I totally disagree.  Ask wrestlers who are already over what giving guys a push means.  It's not kicking out of their finishers.  Or winning just about every damn time.  Or when he loses its not a clean finish,  or better yet, after DBry defeated FruityNation, the next night give an excuse why he lost....his elbow..blah blah blah...

You like or dislike FruityNation is your business.  IMO FruityNation is what is wrong with wrestling today. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on June 02, 2014, 04:08:49 pm
The only person who has a problem with my dislike of SuperCen is you.  Whether you like him or not, I do not care.

As for SuperCena pushing Wyatt, I totally disagree.  Ask wrestlers who are already over what giving guys a push means.  It's not kicking out of their finishers.  Or winning just about every damn time.  Or when he loses its not a clean finish,  or better yet, after DBry defeated FruityNation, the next night give an excuse why he lost....his elbow..blah blah blah...

You like or dislike FruityNation is your business.  IMO FruityNation is what is wrong with wrestling today. 
Hate him if you want, no skin off my nose. I, however, won't let my dislike of him cloud sound judgment. There is no way you can honestly say Wyatt is not elevated as a major star now vs what he was before the feud with Cena began.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on June 02, 2014, 04:19:27 pm
Hate him if you want, no skin off my nose. I, however, won't let my dislike of him cloud sound judgment. There is no way you can honestly say Wyatt is not elevated as a major star now vs what he was before the feud with Cena began.

Yes I can honestly say Cena hasn't pushed Wyatt at all.  Cena is way over.  Losing to Wyatt does nothing to Cena.  But Cena kicking out to Bray's finisher, winning 2 of 3 matches does more against Bray than Cena losing to Bray.

Maybe when the next HOF comes out, FruityNation can get a rub or better yet, show how many make a wish Cena has done this month.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on June 02, 2014, 04:44:37 pm
Yes I can honestly say Cena hasn't pushed Wyatt at all.  Cena is way over.  Losing to Wyatt does nothing to Cena.  But Cena kicking out to Bray's finisher, winning 2 of 3 matches does more against Bray than Cena losing to Bray.

Maybe when the next HOF comes out, FruityNation can get a rub or better yet, show how many make a wish Cena has done this month.
The past two months of Cena v Wyatt has been some of the most compelling stuff the WWE has done in the last three years. It has been excellent. Sorry, you missed it. I have enjoyed the fire out of it. Brey Wyatt is poised to be one of, if not the, top heel in the company and Cena helped get him there. Their match last night was outstanding.

hvsupastar

Screw CM Punk. Suppose to love wrestling and abandoned it when it needs him the most.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

nattyhypethe3rd

I will say the Wyatt vs Cena match had a uninspired ending.  No shock, no fade to black, just 9 then 10. A bit tired of the story but if that's how they ended it with how long it has gone on for.  It's just lazy of creative to end it that way.

jbell96

Quote from: hvsupastar on June 02, 2014, 09:24:12 pm
Screw CM Punk. Suppose to love wrestling and abandoned it when it needs him the most.

I'm sure CM Punk cares what you think.

hvsupastar

Quote from: jbell96 on June 03, 2014, 02:16:35 pm
I'm sure CM Punk cares what you think.

I certainly wasn't voicing my displeasure to hurt his feelings
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln