Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paige, AJ and the Divas

Started by Jim, April 08, 2014, 01:55:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Do you care anymore about the Divas division since last night's RAW?  I didn't before she came out (and I knew nothing about her) but if they can really set up a more in-depth storyline with her & AJ, plus bring in a few more legit athletes as opposed to eye candy gals, the whole division MIGHT become watchable.

By the way, Mick Foley posted a link on his Twitter feed of Paige bursting out in tears backstage & being mobbed by the other divas.  Breaking kayfabe or yet another "reality angle"?  Either way, it was intriguing and could set the tone for a genuine rivalry.

One thought I had was AJ's reign was getting way too similar to CMP.  Seeing as how they're dating in real life, perhaps the WWE screwing AJ sets up an invasion of Punk & AJ to return and exact vengeance on the Authority.  I don't know...maybe I'm reaching here.

hogsanity

when the divas come on, we change the channel.  Just don't care. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Richard_white

You saw this coming as soon as AJ walked down the ring.  I think it had to do with the talks with Vince and Punk.  Vince thought he could have Punk in to help DBry last night instead of having the shield.

hogsanity

Quote from: Richard_white on April 08, 2014, 03:15:26 pm
You saw this coming as soon as AJ walked down the ring.  I think it had to do with the talks with Vince and Punk.  Vince thought he could have Punk in to help DBry last night instead of having the shield.

Shield turn has been coming for weeks.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dr. Starcs

Get rid of the diva wrestling.

Bring back all bra and panties matches.

Richard_white

Quote from: hogsanity on April 08, 2014, 03:22:20 pm
Shield turn has been coming for weeks.

Actually Roman Reigns turn was coming.  Not sheld as a whole. The shield was suppose to turn on Reigns.

There were talks with Vince and Punk during wrestlemania week and went sour. 

AJ being buried by a NXT maybe be a result from it.

Jim

Hadn't heard about the failed VKM / CMP negotiations.  That would make a lot of sense if true.  Now then, does AJ follow her man or does she gut it out and try to get back in the good graces of the writers...and Vince.

Eddie Goodson

I think the only way we ever see CM Punk in a ring again is in a promotion that brings in Colt Cabana too. I will not be at all surprised to see both in Jeff Jarrett's start up next year.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

Gosh I just wish Punk would reappear. Could you imagine a heel punk cutting promos against the over the top face Daniel Bryan?  $$$$$
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

DeltaBoy

The Divas have stank since Trish Stratus and Stacy Keiber left.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogScoutMaster

Man seeing Lita at the HoF just reminded me of how much the Diva division SUCKS right now.  I am so glad I got to see Lita in her Prime.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

nattyhypethe3rd

The thing with this new breed of "divas" is that they can actually wrestle.  Paige comes from a family very involved with wrestling.  I don't believe she'll become like Natalya but she can wrestle.  Charlotte is Ric Flair's daughter.  They are both usually on NXT but in my honest opinion both Paige and AJ will keep the "Divas" division alive.  You did not get to see much of Paige wrestling on Raw but watch NXT Arrival on WWE Network (if you have it) and watch her match with Emma.  It's a good match.  I'm worried where creative will take her though.
"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

Boll Hawg

I'm kinda digging Emma and her funky dance! 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

Eddie Goodson

I now think AJ will join Punk in Jarrett's deal. I think her run in WWE is over unless Punk returns.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DewUar88 on April 10, 2014, 01:49:33 pm
Man seeing Lita at the HoF just reminded me of how much the Diva division SUCKS right now.  I am so glad I got to see Lita in her Prime.

She has NOT aged well!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogScoutMaster

Big Papa Satan

May 13, 2014, 10:34:43 am #16 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:12:25 pm by Big Papa Satan
Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 02, 2014, 12:45:18 pm
She has NOT aged well!

She has?

HogScoutMaster