Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Bryan

Started by who knows, April 07, 2014, 07:12:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who knows

I feel bad for him cause more people are talking about the Undertaker losing than Bryan winning the championship...I feel like had Undertaker won it would have been much better for Bryan...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

pioneerhog

I figure he knew that when Taker lost.

Eddie Goodson

Taker thing will diminish quickly. Bryan is as over right now as anyone not named Austin or Johnson ever has been.

Mark my words, if Bryan has the title more than a month, he will be a heel before he gets to the second month.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

pioneerhog

Why do you think he will be a heel? Which this is the WWE we are talking about so I could see them doing it. I wouldn't do that as long as he is over like he is.

who knows

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 07, 2014, 08:36:06 pm
Taker thing will diminish quickly. Bryan is as over right now as anyone not named Austin or Johnson ever has been.

Mark my words, if Bryan has the title more than a month, he will be a heel before he gets to the second month.

Yeah I'm not really understanding where you are going... are you saying WWE will push him heel or the fans?
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Eddie Goodson

It is something Vince would do. He dud same thing with Punk. He'll do same to Bryan.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hogsanity

They did it with Bryan the last time he held a belt. Ran the whole " I don't need the fans anymore" route and then the thing with AJ.  The thing right now is what FACE would he feud with?  The 3 main contenders right now, Orton, Batista, and Lesnar are all already heels. Will he hold the titles long enough to face Reigns?  It won't be Cena.  Cm Punk isn't coming back as near as anyone can tell. Cesaro is getting a push, but it won't be for the top belts, probably the IC title.

He might turn heel, but I doubt it would be before summer slam.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Boll Hawg

It took me a while to warm up to D. Bryan, but I'm a fan now.  80K + fans doing the "Yes" chant is something to behold.  McMahon knows he's got something special with him & will ride this wave for a while. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

pigture perfect

Daniel needs to whip HHH and then plant a big ole smooch complete with a dip on Stephanie. You know that's what we would all like to see.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Eddie Goodson

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I say by Summer Slam Bryan will be a heel feuding with Cena. WWE has already said Cena and Bryan are one two in regards to push this year. They're going to turn Bryan. Vince simply cannot break old habits.

Jim

I know it's not a popular theory but I wonder why they hinted at "Cena fighting his inner demons" angle during his match with Bray.  It's obvious the NO crowd was very pro-Wyatt but I wonder if it was also a litmus test to see how a "heel Cena" might be received.  The DB turn a few months ago was weak and I don't think anyone bought it.  Maybe they're rethinking "Cena heel" too.

The one thing I see is that Triple H is not afraid to rewrite on the fly.  It's good he sees this and ends bad angles, most of the time, and lets those organic influences (ie: the YES movement) to direct storylines.

Or at least appear to direct storylines. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Jim on April 08, 2014, 01:50:11 pm
I know it's not a popular theory but I wonder why they hinted at "Cena fighting his inner demons" angle during his match with Bray.  It's obvious the NO crowd was very pro-Wyatt but I wonder if it was also a litmus test to see how a "heel Cena" might be received.  The DB turn a few months ago was weak and I don't think anyone bought it.  Maybe they're rethinking "Cena heel" too.

The one thing I see is that Triple H is not afraid to rewrite on the fly.  It's good he sees this and ends bad angles, most of the time, and lets those organic influences (ie: the YES movement) to direct storylines.

Or at least appear to direct storylines. 

If it was just in ring impact, a heel Cena would be a good move, but when you consider all his outside stuff, especially with kids, I just don't see how they can ever turn him heel. 

Gotta wonder where they go with Wyatt next?  Does he stay after Cena, trying to bring him into the "dark"?  Lots of characters in flux right now, too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Richard_white

Having WWE and SuperCena pushing down our throats about him kissing babies and make a wish is nothing more than kayfabe.

Big Papa Satan

Something Austin and Ross have said repeatedly on their podcasts is that if there's a guy who can take the #1 spot from Cena, Vince will push him.

Is Danielson that guy? 

Dr. Starcs

Is that Gary Danielson?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 08, 2014, 07:16:46 pm
Is that Gary Danielson?

Daniel Bryan's real name: Bryan Danielson.

He used his real name as his ring name before he got to the WWE.  Some of us knew who he was by that.

Although Gary Danielson and Uncle Verne would make a great heel tag team. 

Dr. Starcs

Lol. Oh ok

I'd like to see Verne and Gary in a steel cage match against the old legion of doom.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 08, 2014, 06:23:12 pm
Something Austin and Ross have said repeatedly on their podcasts is that if there's a guy who can take the #1 spot from Cena, Vince will push him.

Is Danielson that guy? 
You can easily say no one has been this over since the Rock. The key word is sustainability. Can this push be sustained? That's the real question.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 08, 2014, 07:27:47 pm

I'd like to see Verne and Gary in a steel cage match against the old legion of doom.

I know what Verne's finisher would be.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 08, 2014, 08:09:29 pm
You can easily say no one has been this over since the Rock. The key word is sustainability. Can this push be sustained? That's the real question.

Depends on if they can build up credible heels to challenge him.  Lesnar getting a huge push as a mega monster heel may be one way.

Eddie Goodson

Gary Danielson's finisher would simply be talking. He could subdue opponents by simply reading the newspaper.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 08, 2014, 08:16:27 pm
Depends on if they can build up credible heels to challenge him.  Lesnar getting a huge push as a mega monster heel may be one way.
And this Evolution revival will be another. I don't see HHH and Bryan finished just yet. It'd be nice to see Bryan putting the screws to HHH for a bit longer.

Big Papa Satan

Unless it's put back onto a heel, it looks like Super Cena may be getting yet another stale run with the belts.

nlrwildcat1

He just had neck surgery and will be out a few months