Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestlemania XXX Thread

Started by jbcarol, April 06, 2014, 05:01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasPistola

Oh the doctor is going to be the supreme heel?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 06, 2014, 09:42:07 pm
I need to get into the announcer table business.

Repair or Insurance?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jbcarol

Bryan going out on a stretcher
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbcarol

Orton with an elevated DDT from the apron onto the floor.

Bryan fighting medical on the stretcher.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Big Papa Satan

jbcarol

Bryan had a couple of LeBell locks on each and the other broke it up.

Big Papa Satan

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 06, 2014, 09:45:16 pm
Production.

What tag team specialized in putting others through tables?? I think it was like their signature. .
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jbcarol

Orton ready to punt Batista.

Byran hits him with a big knee.

Batista to pick up the scraps. Broken at two.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 06, 2014, 09:48:35 pm
What tag team specialized in putting others through tables?? I think it was like their signature. .
That would Bubber Ray and Devon
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

jbcarol

Bryan gets in the LeBell lock

Batista taps.  Bryan wins in 23:10.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 06, 2014, 09:49:57 pm
That would Bubber Ray and Devon

However, Spanish Announce Monitor did a lot more damage than those two ever did.

TomasPistola

Anyone see the puppies sign with boobs showing?
You were right.
You did a great job.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jbcarol

Orton loses the unified title without being pinned.

See Monday Night Raw tomorrow at 8 PM EDT/9 CDT

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

Eddie Goodson

It's a miracle alright. A healed shoulder!

Big Papa Satan

Meme 2.0
Batista and Randy Orton right now

TomasPistola

Happy for Bryan but so Anticlimactic
You were right.
You did a great job.

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

The_Bionic_Pig

Bubba & Devon didn't descriminate... they would put your grandmother through a table just to piss off the viewing audience!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TomasPistola

Well...no CM Punk. And no Sting.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 06, 2014, 09:56:08 pm
Well...no CM Punk. And no Sting.
If they were going to give Bryan his moment, it had to be clean.

nlrwildcat1

I heard sting signed on and will be on raw but probably another rumor.

jbcarol

End of PPV.  No Mr. McMahon, No Sting. No CM Punk.

Part-timer Lesnar ends the streak.

Byran wins the WWE World Heavyweight championship with a submission victory over Batista and taking belts fro Orton.  HHH, Steph, and their ref-on-the-take Armstrong helped out by officials.

jbcarol

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: jbcarol on April 06, 2014, 09:58:29 pm

Part-timer Lesnar ends the streak.

The .gif's are here and they are glorious.

Eddie Goodson

I still have a nagging feeling something went wrong in UT/Lesnar. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

who knows

Is it bad I'm more upset by the undertaker losing than I am happy for Bryan winning
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

jbcarol

If you are going to end the streak, you need to at least have given up your sub shop promo on your gear.

jbcarol

Watching replay, ref said "C'mon Mark" on a break in the corner.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: jbcarol on April 06, 2014, 10:04:33 pm
Watching replay, ref said "C'mon Mark" on a break in the corner.
I honestly believe Taker screwed up and didn't kick out in time.

jbcarol

Jim Ross ‏@JRsBBQ  1h
I feel now like how I did when that bastard Bruce Dern killed John Wayne in 'The Cowboys.'

The Streak is over.

#WrestleMania

TomasPistola

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 06, 2014, 10:06:34 pm
I honestly believe Taker screwed up and didn't kick out in time.

He might have got a little concussed from that last f5. But I believe that was the finish.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Big Papa Satan

Big Papa Satan

Dan Baer ‏@DanBaerPig  2h
This is what happens when Brock Lesnar beats The Undertaker #WresleMania30 pic.twitter.com/mRcHltjOLB

Hog1966

Of all people to end the streak Brock Lesnar?????

HoggyCat

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 06, 2014, 10:01:52 pm
I still have a nagging feeling something went wrong in UT/Lesnar. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

1: Ref didn't call for bell.
2: Ref never raised lesnar's hand.
3: bell wasn't emphatic that match was over.
4: Heyman was VERY slow reacting.
5: ring announcer was very slow reacting
6: ref was standing there expecting them to get up and fight.

They said the streak would end when taker decided. I doubt he decided to let a part timer end it. Did he not realize the ref was at three and didn't kick?

Too many unanswered questions that'll never get addressed. If this was the plan,WWE missed the boat.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hvsupastar

PWO said Lesnar and Vince followed an ambulance carrying Taker to the hospital before the show was over
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Richard_white

I actually loved Mania 30.  Cesaro winning the Battle Royal.  DBry winning the belts. And I have no problem with Lesnar ending the streak.  The only problem I had was #riseabovethehate, #youcantseeme...SuperCena killing any Wyatt's momentum.

Richard_white

The middle aged outlaws getting squashed was great as well.

Eddie Goodson

April 07, 2014, 05:23:31 am #193 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:07:23 am by Eddie Goodson
Go back and watch the very first bump Taker took in the match. I think lesnar concussed him from the get go. Taker was in la la land the whole match. He should not have been in a match with a stiff wrestler at all. He should have been with someone they knew would take care of him.

Well, I now see he was. Spent the night in hospital but they are saying the result was what they wanted. Lesnar was supposed to go over. I think it may just have been a question of him doing it earlier than planned. It is very fishy that the betting odds went from 40-1 for the streak to Taker being an underdog late Sunday afternoon. Somebody was letting Vegas know Taker was going to lose. Betting on wrestling is about as stupid as you can get. A fool and his money....

HoggyCat

Quote from: Richard_white on April 07, 2014, 01:24:04 am
I actually loved Mania 30.  Cesaro winning the Battle Royal.  DBry winning the belts. And I have no problem with Lesnar ending the streak.  The only problem I had was #riseabovethehate, #youcantseeme...SuperCena killing any Wyatt's momentum.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the streak ending...... If it had been Shawn Michaels, or Foley, or ANYONE that has devoted their life to the company and actually cared about the WWE. Baaaaarrrrooock   Lesssssnarr doesn't even bake regular appearances on either show, and NEVER does the house shows.  He didn't deserve it. 
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hog1966

QuoteLesssssnarr doesn't even bake regular appearances on either show, and NEVER does the house shows.

My biggest problem as well. If they plan to make him a regular, as opposed to a few PPV appearances a year, then so be it. Still, I can think of so many wrestlers who deserve such a massive push as this.

Jim

I'd also heard that UT was taken to a hospital after the match.  The streak ending like that, though it may have been UT's call, just didn't "feel" like how it was supposed to have happened.  Most folks hate the fact that it was a PT'er like Brock who got over too.  UT did seem about a step or 3 behind most of the match.  I blame his old school hat he wore to the ring as opposed to his hooded robe.  LOL

OK...to the Cena / Bray match.  Did you guys see that old lady standing right up on the front row with all those kids?  I called it to myself that she was going to get pounded by the Wyatts, the kids would be crushed emotionally and that would be the straw that sent Cena over the edge.  Sadly, it didn't happen.  But that old lady bothered me...she was almost too planted to not be involved.  I don't know many 70-80 yr old women who buy front row seats to wrestling events.  To me, it was possibly another botched finish...or at least, it was an option the 2 wrestlers didn't pursue.

I heard the CM Punk chants too.  Oddly, they were drowned out pretty quickly.  That would've been a great time to bring him back, if he were coming back last night, but I agree that a clean finish for DB was necessary.  Interesting to see how Triple H will muck it up tonight.

First PPV I'd ordered in probably 15 years.  Though it was a bit pricey, I enjoyed most of it.

Quick question though...when was Brad Maddox announced as part of the 30 man battle royal?  Wasn't Ryback supposed to be in it?  I thought I saw his face listed in an earlier promo.  That guy (Ryback) has def fallen from the heights to beneath the ground floor.  Wow.

hogsanity

Rumors have swirled for years that UT wanted to end the streak, but no one would do it.  Maybe this year he just decided if they won't write it for me to lose, I'll just cook it up with Lesnar.  He apparently did not want to retire with the streak intact because it would like he was quitting to avoid losing. 

The obvious is always the most likely, he was supposed to lose, BUT, if it was some sort of change, or scre w job, it may be years before the whole story is known. It does make sense if it was supposed to be Lesnar, because whoever ended the streak was going to be hated by the fans, so why not someone the fans already hate?  Most of the other heels are younger guys, and no way to even set up a match with UT with one of them.  Takes too long and required too much work from UT.

Holly shnikees, the guy is almost 50, and 50 for a big man is much different than for a smaller guy.  You can already see it with Kane too, these guys may have been the best 2 moving big men in history of the ring, but they both look like they move in slow motion now.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jim

Quote from: hogsanity on April 07, 2014, 10:46:42 am
Holly shnikees, the guy is almost 50, and 50 for a big man is much different than for a smaller guy.  You can already see it with Kane too, these guys may have been the best 2 moving big men in history of the ring, but they both look like they move in slow motion now.

Agreed!  For 50 years old, he looked pretty good.  Major props to hanging on as long as he did and for all intents & purposes, doing it the right way.

However, how do you explain a beefalo like Boo-tees-tah?  That guy gets winded coming down the ramp?  LOL

Eddie Goodson

I wanted to see Taker and Kane  vs Wyatts next in a retirement match and lhave them pass torch to them. The heat would have propelled Wyatts to superstsrdom for years to come.