Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should we fire Coach B or Jeff Long?

Started by WalHog2018, September 22, 2017, 03:30:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Poll: Should we fire Coach B or Jeff Long?

Fire Both!
38 (61.3%)
Fire ONLY Coach B!
5 (8.1%)
Fire ONLY Jeff Long!
5 (8.1%)
Give Coach B another year!
12 (19.4%)
Give Jeff Long another year!
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: September 23, 2017, 03:30:02 pm

WalHog2018

HogPharmer

I see Robert Shields is looking for new material for his next great article
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

RazorPiggie

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:37:35 pm

Neither have done anything to be fired.

Have you not seen three of the last four games?
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

carolinahogger

Who is "we"?  Do "we" have the authority to fire either?

IronHog

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 22, 2017, 03:40:41 pm
Have you not seen three of the last four games?

Gonna fire them mid season?  That will work out well.
BB has an average year he's back.  A collapse and he'll be looking to leave on his own.

The firing threads are sad.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: IronHog on September 22, 2017, 03:42:31 pm

Gonna fire them mid season?  That will work out well.
BB has an average year he's back.  A collapse and he'll be looking to leave on his own.

The firing threads are sad.

Let Enos finish the season, we will be better off
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

KlubhouseKonnected

I don't know, let's just cry and whine about it until December and then have no effect on the decision
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RagingHawgOn

Good gawd, can we please quit with this crap?

jcbville

Pistol Pig Maravich

greenie

It's obvious where the OP stands just looking at the poll options provided.

Neither CBB or Jeff Long are going anywhere anytime soon.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

King Kong

I don't understand the Long hate.

It's rare to get successful P5 HC coaches not on the hot seat to jump to another P5 school. Long did it twice with CBB and CMA.

Now that doesn't mean they always workout. But both were extremely impressive hires at the time and me personally I'd rather have an accomplished guy than an up and coming coach because of the bust factor

Wildhog

Quote from: King Kong on September 22, 2017, 03:53:07 pm

It's rare to get successful P5 HC coaches not on the hot seat to jump to another P5 school. Long did it twice with CBB and CMA.

Now that doesn't mean they always workout. But both were extremely impressive hires at the time and me personally I'd rather have an accomplished guy than an up and coming coach because of the bust factor

It's not the hire.  It's the fact that he gave him such a huge one-sided buyout after going 2-6 in the SEC and beating one of the worst Texas teams ever in the Texas Bowl.

Petrino got a huge buyout, too.  But Petrino's was mirrored, and he got it after going 10-2 against a top five strength of schedule and taking us to the Sugar Bowl.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 22, 2017, 03:55:39 pm
It's not the hire.  It's the fact that he gave him such a huge one-sided buyout after going 2-6 in the SEC and beating one of the worst Texas teams ever in the Texas Bowl.

Petrino got a huge buyout, too.  But Petrino's was mirrored, and he got it after going 10-2 against a top five strength of schedule and taking us to the Sugar Bowl.

Don't you know beating Texass is equivalent to winning a NC.?

WilsonHog

Who is "we?"

Did I miss the memo where the right to make firing and hiring decisions came with my season tickets?

jcbville

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 22, 2017, 04:10:37 pm
Who is "we?"

Did I miss the memo where the right to make firing and hiring decisions came with my season tickets?

"We" is "them" and "them" is "us"! And around we go!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: HogPharmer on September 22, 2017, 03:34:53 pm
I see Robert Shields is looking for new material for his next great article

I am appalled that it took 20 responses to ask this question, but Who is Robert Shields? 
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 22, 2017, 03:36:39 pm
Turn them both into newts!

Damn it. If we can turn people into newts. Then why the hell haven't we done this before.

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 04:02:25 pm
Don't you know beating Texass is equivalent to winning a NC.?

Bobby Petrino never beat Texas. :'(
Don't be scared, be smart.

SpaCityHawg

WilsonHog

One of y'all know how to go about getting an emergency meeting of the BOT called this afternoon? I realize it's late on a Friday, but just tell them some anonymous dude on Hogville started a poll with capital letters and exclamation points and sh*t. Powerful stuff.

AirWarren

Quote from: jcbville on September 22, 2017, 04:12:36 pm
"We" is "them" and "them" is "us"! And around we go!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Disturbing haha

Hog N Bama

Hog N Bama

Quote from: King Kong on September 22, 2017, 03:53:07 pm

maybe because he hires sorry losers?

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on September 22, 2017, 04:14:56 pm
I am appalled that it took 20 responses to ask this question, but Who is Robert Shields?

The fact it took so many responses for someone (you) to ask that question, coupled with a poll that DIDN'T include an answer choice relating to frito pie really shows how far down this place has gone... It's a shame really...

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 22, 2017, 04:24:26 pm
One of y'all know how to go about getting an emergency meeting of the BOT called this afternoon? I realize it's late on a Friday, but just tell them some anonymous dude on Hogville started a poll with capital letters and exclamation points and sh*t. Powerful stuff.

Yes, show them a Cashier's check for about $25M would be a start, a couple are in Dallas and one is leaving in he morning, he might have to wait until the game is over to get his meeting, though.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

WilsonHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 04:30:25 pm
Yes, show them a Cashier's check for about $25M would be a start, a couple are in Dallas and one is leaving in he morning, he might have to wait until the game is over to get his meeting, though.

As a goodwill gesture, I think every Hogville poster who wants Bielema's contract to be bought out should send Jeff Long a Cashier's check for $25,000.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 22, 2017, 04:41:05 pm
As a goodwill gesture, I think every Hogville poster who wants Bielema's contract to be bought out should send Jeff Long a Cashier's check for $25,000.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of takers. We win 4 games this year and I'll send him mine, but I'm not about to after week #2.

sowmonella

They would look more like this from most of these guys.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

woodrow hog call

We (meaning Lanny) should ban the next several morons that make stupid poll threads about firing anybody, at this point in the season!
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

98hogs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 22, 2017, 03:35:38 pm
My gosh just stop the stupid thread.
They should have the year to finish.  Put them on a Performance Improvement Plan and document results.

Hogeration

I've got no problem with the hypothetical question on here like some do.  If WE can't be hypothetical on here, then why have message board?  That being said, neither will get fired.  I don't understand why people choose to make Enos the hypothetical coach though.  Rhoads would be a much better solution. 

Fan1958

Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

theFlyingHog

Poll is invalid. FCP not included. OP must be made to pay for his transgressions.

HogPharmer

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 22, 2017, 04:51:08 pm
Poll is invalid. FCP not included. OP must be made to pay for his transgressions.

21 day ban

Hogs-n-Roses

Yep, all those who conspired with Long on the $16,000,000 dollar buyout after yr. 5. Heck even an extention after said year. You think them 2 might just meet in Milwaukee one day for breakfast, split bout,14-16 mil( 7-8 Mil. each), shout Woo Pig sooie, have a belly rollin laugh, get a good omlet and shake hands get in their 80,000 dollar vehicles and cruise off. Now there's some uncommon!

Hoginsavga

I know that is basically sarcasm but in all honesty any Hog Fan that didn't participate in the decision to increase the buyout, and that's probably 99.99999+%, have a right to complain and don't owe one cent toward the buyout.

The individuals  that made that decision are responsible for finding buyout money if it comes down to that. Maybe they should the ones to pull personal money from their stockpile if CBB has to go. Some of the powers that be need to be the ones that step up to the plate for allowing the insane increase in the buyout.

What really bothers me is the criticism of the Hog fans that really want to win. We have watched and waited five years, including Smily, just holding out hope for a little ray of sunshine. It appears now it could likely be seven years.

Maybe CBB will pull the team through the remainder of the season. I sincerely hope so. Anyone that doesn't get the frustration of us average fans doesn't get the meaning of winning or losing.

One last thing, none of the 99++% of the fans can hire or fire either the AD or HC and that's good for stability. However, when enough of the average fans get fed up with losing it will start affecting the program in other negative ways. This is the first year I can recall the A&M game at 11:00. Only 35k show up for the first game. We did get a sellout for TCU but what will happen on our next home game if we lose this weekend.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 22, 2017, 05:19:51 pm
I know that is basically sarcasm but in all honesty any Hog Fan that didn't participate in the decision to increase the buyout, and that's probably 99.99999+%, have a right to complain and don't owe one cent toward the buyout.

The individuals  that made that decision are responsible for finding buyout money if it comes down to that. Maybe they should the ones to pull personal money from their stockpile if CBB has to go. Some of the powers that be need to be the ones that step up to the plate for allowing the insane increase in the buyout.

What really bothers me is the criticism of the Hog fans that really want to win. We have watched and waited five years, including Smily, just holding out hope for a little ray of sunshine. It appears now it could likely be seven years.

Maybe CBB will pull the team through the remainder of the season. I sincerely hope so. Anyone that doesn't get the frustration of us average fans doesn't get the meaning of winning or losing.

One last thing, none of the 99++% of the fans can hire or fire either the AD or HC and that's good for stability. However, when enough of the average fans get fed up with losing it will start affecting the program in other negative ways. This is the first year I can recall the A&M game at 11:00. Only 35k show up for the first game. We did get a sellout for TCU but what will happen on our next home game if we lose this weekend.

This is an excellent post. Now the Jeffies will take shots at You, call you names and insinuate that your not a real fan when in all reality this is what real fans should be screaming. Thank you sir.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 22, 2017, 05:45:49 pm
This is an excellent post. Now the Jeffies will take shots at You, call you names and insinuate that your not a real fan when in all reality this is what real fans should be screaming. Thank you sir.

Everyone wants to win, if you choose not to go to the games, so be it. I won't tell you to go to the games, but don't tell me not too, either.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 06:20:26 pm
Everyone wants to win, if you choose not to go to the games, so be it. I won't tell you to go to the games, but don't tell me not too, either.
Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 06:20:26 pm
Going to the games and spending monies is a very personal thing. When did I tell you not to go to the games.

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

factchecker

Quote from: Hoginsavga on September 22, 2017, 05:19:51 pm
This is the first year I can recall the A&M game at 11:00.

2009 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 6:30 PM
2010 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 2:30 PM
2011 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 11:00 AM
2012 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 11:00 AM

2013 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 6:00 PM
2014 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 2:30 PM
2015 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 6:00 PM
2016 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 8:00 PM
2017 - Arkansas vs. Texas AnM @ 11:00 AM
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

potus

Fire Long now. Long was an academic hire by Charles White!   Form a committee of Razorback football players from successful teams and let athletic people hire the next AD. Academia needs to be left IN the classroom!!!

potus

We might even find out how bad Long has tied the coaches hands!